Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed. He's no secret... Gotta be on a lot of radars.
And he's a young English fullback who will only get better, and therefore look better as time goes by in the Championship. He's on a contract until 2020 that apparently doesn't have a buyout clause and as his 1st professional contract it's surely at a level Fulham can afford to extend and increase. I'm honestly skeptical that he'll be sold anywhere in the next couple of windows - if you're Fulham why cash out on an asset that's only going to continue to appreciate? Another 2 years and he may well be worth £50M the way he's improving and transfers are inflating.

Indeed. He's no secret... Gotta be on a lot of radars.
And he's a young English fullback who will only get better, and therefore look better as time goes by in the Championship. He's on a contract until 2020 that apparently doesn't have a buyout clause and as his 1st professional contract it's surely at a level Fulham can afford to extend and increase. I'm honestly skeptical that he'll be sold anywhere in the next couple of windows - if you're Fulham why cash out on an asset that's only going to continue to appreciate? Another 2 years and he may well be worth £50M the way he's improving and transfers are inflating.

Far fetched (?) but one can only hope there's a bigger picture behind the scenes. i.e We were told "no, come back next summer" on the basis they wanted to get him signed up to at least get a good wedge for him.... Hopefully Levy pushed matters and got some kind of deal in place...

Mildy fantastical on my part, sure... But I think that's just about the only hope we have of scoring him ahead of the money-ballers (who all apparently covet Rose*)...

(*Having bought Mendy already, I think City would take him over Rose as a Pep project... Same as Chavs/Alonso... Only one that makes slightly less sense is Utd, but still the dosh will blatantly be available if Jose fancies him.)

Far fetched (?) but one can only hope there's a bigger picture behind the scenes. i.e We were told "no, come back next summer" on the basis they wanted to get him signed up to at least get a good wedge for him.... Hopefully Levy pushed matters and got some kind of deal in place...

Mildy fantastical on my part, sure... But I think that's just about the only hope we have of scoring him ahead of the money-ballers (who all apparently covet Rose*)...

(*Having bought Mendy already, I think City would take him over Rose as a Pep project... Same as Chavs/Alonso... Only one that makes slightly less sense is Utd, but still the dosh will blatantly be available if Jose fancies him.)
I'd certainly like to have him, I just wonder if he's ready to replace Rose given it means he has to be on it from the start not just developing. The next couple of seasons are high pressure time for this squad.

Obviously if Rose did go then Sessegnon is a requirement, and we'll hopefully pay the (likely high) price. Not only because we'll need to replace a LB but also replace a homegrown player which we're starting to get a bit thinner on than usual.

Such a more dynamic LWB then the vanilla Davies who offers little going forward. Wasn't great today by any stretch, but was ever present on the attach oozing class. Rose should be a given ahead of Davies moving forward for me. Davies perfect for rotation purposes.

I hate that we have to play this guy still, I completely believe that he is going and think Poch knows it as well. Davies can't play all 60 games in a season so he has to rotate. Don't care how good he is, he has disrespected the club and I wish he was playing for another club (preferably abroad). Keep dishing performances like that and City won't want you Danny.

I hate that we have to play this guy still, I completely believe that he is going and think Poch knows it as well. Davies can't play all 60 games in a season so he has to rotate. Don't care how good he is, he has disrespected the club and I wish he was playing for another club (preferably abroad). Keep dishing performances like that and City won't want you Danny.

Wonder if there are Leicester fans who hate Mahrez and Woolwich fans who hate Sanchez, after all both those want moves apparently..

Oh and coutinho.. .

Last edited:
Wonder if there are Leicester fans who hate Mahrez and Woolwich fans who hate Sanchez, after all both those want moves apparently..

Oh and coutinho.. .

Liverpool & Woolwich fan bases.... The most fickle, deluded tossers around...A shining example to us all, no doubt. :deledoubt:

I think it's pretty clear why Rose isn't playing every game - the bloke is still overweight and not fit enough to play the left wing back role.
Wasn't great last night, but is still way more of a threat than davies, he beat his man and got in countless times last night albeit his final ball let him down, but that is what I think we lack with davies in that role, the ability to get round the back of his man. Davies nearly always hits an early cross that hits off the right back or just plays it back inside.

Wasn't great last night, but is still way more of a threat than davies, he beat his man and got in countless times last night albeit his final ball let him down, but that is what I think we lack with davies in that role, the ability to get round the back of his man. Davies nearly always hits an early cross that hits off the right back or just plays it back inside.

He couldn't get back though, there was always acres of space behind him and he was blowing out of his arse to recover.

He might still be better than Davies half fit - but the Press are shit stirring and asking constant questions about why he isn't playing every game..........and it's pretty clear it's because he isn't fit enough to

Oh and coutinho.. .
Yes, there are loads. Did they do what Danny Rose did though? No one here has suggested they hate Danny Rose.
Love this, yet 99% of our fanbase would welcome Bale and Modric back
Should Bale Return To Spurs?

''99%''.

Never let the truth get in the way.

I'll support ANY player whilst they're wearing our shirt but he's leaving, whether it will be in January or the summer I'm not sure.

Too much talk, too many consistent rumours and I suspect the club have already drawn up a shortlist of replacements.

Sessegnon - yes.

Shaw - no.

Bertrand - maybe.
Obviously sessegnon has bags of potential so I'd be happy if we got him. Shaw is quite good but too much of an injury risk. Unless we get him real cheap then maybe he is worth a punt.
I think bertrand is underrated & would do a solid job for us. But ultimately I hope rose stays!

Back
Top Bottom