Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play, personally that's not enough for me to like or defend him. He has disrespected us and I hate seeing him in our shirt. Same as with Modric after he tried to go to the chavs. I couldn't understand why people still sung his name.
If they do something silly like Ghaly, chucking their shirt when being subbed off or Berbatov not coming off the bench then they're fair game. But if they make the effort while they are on the pitch then they're OK in my book...

Never understood the Ghaly hate, we all know how the crowd can get at WHL on a bad day. He was subbed on, heckled and jeered with every mistake and then subbed off to cheers as loud as a goal.

It was nothing to do with throwing OUR shirt, he was bitterly humiliated and angry what should he throw? His shorts!?

It was just a reaction and he said sorry, which is more than Berbatov or Modric ever said.

Last edited:
tumblr_lnxo06m0Yb1qj9s1io1_1280.png

Is it really too much to ask that he just stonewall the media.

You realize it's the club putting him out to deny this bullshit narrative that there's an issue between him and Poch, right? Otherwise people like you would be sat there still claiming there's a bust up, he's a cunt, and Poch is just being professional.

Give it a fucking rest. It's crystal clear now that literally everyone at the club has moved on and it isn't an issue. The only people making it an issue are you lot, no one else cares - certainly not those who matter. Can't even blame this shit on the media anymore, you're leading the charge of cunting him off for getting stitches before the media can even print something.

Find a new hobby, you've done slagging Danny off to death, mate.

It's a bit fucking rich of Rose to complain about the spotlight being on his relationship with the manager when he was the one that turned the fucking lights on.
Not really, nothing at all about the August interview suggested there was a rift between Poch and Danny - he complimented him and said he's made him (Danny) a much better, more consistent player. Right after the August interview Poch came out and said Danny had apologized, it was past them, and Danny was working hard to get back to fitness. The supposed Poch-Rose rift is purely fabricated by the press and supporters who are still upset about the interview.

Both parties have publicly stated numerous times for months that their relationship is great. It's the press and aggrieved supporters that want there to be an issue to validate their narrative that he's off.

You realize it's the club putting him out to deny this bullshit narrative that there's an issue between him and Poch, right? Otherwise people like you would be sat there still claiming there's a bust up, he's a cunt, and Poch is just being professional.

Give it a fucking rest. It's crystal clear now that literally everyone at the club has moved on and it isn't an issue. The only people making it an issue are you lot, no one else cares - certainly not those who matter. Can't even blame this shit on the media anymore, you're leading the charge of cunting him off for getting stitches before the media can even print something.

Find a new hobby, you've done slagging Danny off to death, mate.
Oh fuck off. You're the one that has intimated over and over the fans aren't part of this club. Once again, ''literally everyone'' has moved on. No, they haven't. Current and former season ticket holders, in this very thread, haven't. But they aren't part of the club according to you. You ain't got a fucking scooby about this club and its fans and certainly not the fans that have an issue with what he did. ''Literally everyone''. Just look in this very thread.

We are more a part of the club than anyone. We are what the club builds its foundations on and if I feel that Danny Rose hasn't earned my trust back yet I'll fucking well say it. We were the one's that have butchered Judas for years, so much so that no cunt will ever think of doing the same. It's our way of protecting the club. Danny should get a free ride, just because he sent out an ''apology'' through his PR company? Nah, I, and others, will make sure it's not forgotten so that some clever bastard doesn't try the same shit again the day before the season next year.

He created this distrust. No one else. Just because you have some apparent disconnect with how treacherous his move was doesn't mean you're right to just forgive and forget. Whether that's because you don't really understand who The Sun are. Or the impact of the article coming out the day before the season, I don't know.

I've already admitted I misinterpreted the stitches thing. But the environment of distrust was created by one person and one person only. It looked like he stropped at Poch and it was commented on. Then it came out it wasn't as it appeared, like many things in life and opinions changed. God forbid you lot have ever misread a situation.

FYI - Danny used to be my favourite player. Just look at my posts before this situation was created.

Last edited:
Never understood the Ghaly hate, we all know the crowd can get at WHL on a bad day. He was subbed on, heckled and jeered with every mistake and then subbed off to cheers as loud as a goal.

It was nothing to do with throwing OUR shirt, he was bitterly humiliated and angry what should he throw? His shorts!?

It was just a reaction and he said sorry, which is more than Berbatov or Modric ever said.
Tend to agree actually. Think that in his culture (Egypt) the shirt is not so sacred, as it is here. Here it represents the club and the fans, and you can never disrespect it. But I don't think he got that.

For me what Rose did was worse.

I buried the hatchet with Berby after he came back for Ledley's testimonial and the last game at WHL.

Never understood the Ghaly hate, we all know the crowd can get at WHL on a bad day. He was subbed on, heckled and jeered with every mistake and then subbed off to cheers as loud as a goal.

WHL was toxic that day. Almost as bad as the day Atouba got booed. Don't feel shame often with our fans but those two situations stick with me.

Oh fuck off. You're the one that has intimated over and over the fans aren't part of this club. Once again, ''literally everyone'' has moved on. No, they haven't. Current and former season ticket holders, in this very thread, haven't. But they aren't part of the club according to you. You ain't got a fucking scooby about this club and its fans and certainly not the fans that have an issue with what he did. ''Literally everyone''. Just look in this very thread.

We are more a part of the club than anyone. We are what the club builds its foundations on and if I feel that Danny Rose hasn't earned my trust back yet I'll fucking well say it. We were the one's that have butchered Judas for years, so much so that no cunt will ever think of doing the same. It's our way of protecting the club. Danny should get a free ride, just because he sent out an ''apology'' through his PR company? Nah, I, and others, will make sure it's not forgotten so that some clever bastard doesn't try the same shit again the day before the season next year.

He created this distrust. No one else. Just because you have some apparent disconnect with how treacherous his move was doesn't mean you're right to just forgive and forget. Whether that's because you don't really understand who The Sun are. Or the impact of the article coming out the day before the season, I don't know.

I've already admitted I misinterpreted the stitches thing. But the environment of distrust was created by one person and one person only. It looked like he stropped at Poch and it was commented on. Then it came out it wasn't as it appeared, like many things in life and opinions changed. God forbid you lot have ever misread a situation.

FYI - Danny used to be my favourite player. Just look at my posts before this situation was created.
So don't trust him. But you dont have to try and invent issues that clearly aren't there. And blaming him for interviews the club has clearly put him up to is ridiculous.

WHL was toxic that day. Almost as bad as the day Atouba got booed. Don't feel shame often with our fans but those two situations stick with me.
The one that sticks with me was Young Pyo-Lee, who was a trier, getting booed after making a mistake against Man Utd and giving a goal away. Fortunately, the boos were only from a small section of the crowd and were drowned out by cheers from others.

I always feel that if a player tries his best and respects the club, he deserves our support no matter what. Don't boo our players full stop, but whatever you do, never boo a player simply for being shit or making an honest mistake.

Walker? He's probably behind some of it, telling his mate how great it is in Manchester, how much money he's earning and how to force a transfer. He's a snake, let us down when we needed him the most. Don't get the love for Walker myself.
I don't have love for any of them mate. I don't buy into this tapping up argument, all players know what they could probably earn, that's what agents are for.

I am not enamoured by walker at all though, any player who wants out of the club I love can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, I hope their career dies whenever they move, I include the likes of bale in that as well.

I was commenting more on rose's body language when playing so far this year. It's not been the same. I might turn out to be wrong, time will tell I suppose.

Dean Richards used to get it horribly, I remember he scored once and Robbie Keane grabbed him and angrily paraded him in front of the Park Lane pointing at him as if to tell the fans to fuck off and shut up.

His treatment was of course made all the worse by the revelation that he had a severe balance issue from the condition which eventually claimed his life.

Not really, nothing at all about the August interview suggested there was a rift between Poch and Danny - he complimented him and said he's made him (Danny) a much better, more consistent player. Right after the August interview Poch came out and said Danny had apologized, it was past them, and Danny was working hard to get back to fitness. The supposed Poch-Rose rift is purely fabricated by the press and supporters who are still upset about the interview.

Both parties have publicly stated numerous times for months that their relationship is great. It's the press and aggrieved supporters that want there to be an issue to validate their narrative that he's off.
Rose himself brought the spotlight firmly down on the club, manager, fans and himself so i think it's hypocritical of him to whine about media attention. What the fuck did he think would happen. Sorry but you're naive if you think a mumbled apology was going to deflect attention away. The press and media are parasites and will jump on anything they can while he remains with us. Without getting into the rights and wrongs of it, i fail to believe Rose can honestly say he couldn't see the problems going forward with the press attention that his ill timed comments were sure to generate.

Rose himself brought the spotlight firmly down on the club, manager, fans and himself so i think it's hypocritical of him to whine about media attention. What the fuck did he think would happen. Sorry but you're naive if you think a mumbled apology was going to deflect attention away. The press and media are parasites and will jump on anything they can while he remains with us. Without getting into the rights and wrongs of it, i fail to believe Rose can honestly say he couldn't see the problems going forward with the press attention that his ill timed comments were sure to generate.
Again, it weren't the press and media all over TFC and Twitter cunting him off the instant he went down the tunnel. Can't blame the media, it's the anti-Rose supporters drumming this shit up - media are just exploiting them for clicks by feeding that camp what perspective they want to believe is true. He was asked about there being a bust up purely because "supporters" overreacted prematurely and lost their fucking minds all over twitter.

Point being, maybe that camp ought to wait for an actual issue to arise rather than attempting to assert an issue exists when we're being told time and again from the squad and management that there is no issue.

Again, it weren't the press and media all over TFC and Twitter cunting him off the instant he went down the tunnel. Can't blame the media, it's the anti-Rose supporters drumming this shit up - media are just exploiting them for clicks by feeding that camp what perspective they want to believe is true.

Point being, maybe that camp ought to wait for an actual issue to arise rather than attempting to assert an issue exists when we're being told time and again from the squad and management that there is no issue.
Fair enough, you have your opinion but if he had kept his mouth shut and aired his grievances with the Chairman and Manager in house then we wouldn't be having these exchanges. Lets agree to differ.

Indeed... This was one of the concerns from many of us from the off.

Media. Dog. Bone.

Back
Top Bottom