Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The one that sticks with me was Young Pyo-Lee, who was a trier, getting booed after making a mistake against Man Utd and giving a goal away. Fortunately, the boos were only from a small section of the crowd and were drowned out by cheers from others.

I always feel that if a player tries his best and respects the club, he deserves our support no matter what. Don't boo our players full stop, but whatever you do, never boo a player simply for being shit or making an honest mistake.

I booed Ramon Vega, he was singlehandedly trying to take us down.

Not bad really considering the hundreds of shite players I have witnessed in our shirt lol

Fair enough, you have your opinion but if he had kept his mouth shut and aired his grievances with the Chairman and Manager in house then we wouldn't be having these exchanges. Lets agree to differ.
That's fair enough.

And to clarify for yourself and SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur I don't really take exception to supporters who are still bitter/aggrieved/distrusting towards Rose - if you still feel hurt by it thats your perogative.

It's just the assertion that's he's a problem/distraction in the club that's creating issues, which to me doesn't ring true given it's contradicted by everything coming out of the club. By the words of those within the club and his own actions, he's doing everything he can to get on with it. Maybe he brought it on himself, but its still understandably frustrating to keep having to say there's no issue seemingly twice a week.

What else should he do to make this go away?

By trying hard, playing well and keeping his head down i suppose and maybe in time it will quiet down. But he very much is in the spotlight so any negativity in anyway from him will be jumped on rightly or wrongly. There are some fans that will never forgive him and others that already have. I'm in the not bothered club, if he stays and plays well for us then he will get my full backing but any affection i had for him as a player has gone and if he goes well so be it.

That's fair enough.

And to clarify for yourself and SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur I don't really take exception to supporters who are still bitter/aggrieved/distrusting towards Rose - if you still feel hurt by it thats your perogative.

It's just the assertion that's he's a problem/distraction in the club that's creating issues, which to me doesn't ring true given it's contradicted by everything coming out of the club. By the words of those within the club and his own actions, he's doing everything he can to get on with it. Maybe he brought it on himself, but its still understandably frustrating to keep having to say there's no issue seemingly twice a week.

Keeping his head down and his mouth shut would go a long way with me...

So it's better he let people talk shite on Twitter
and in the press about there being a bust up between him and Poch, rather than refute those lies and therefore lend them credibility with culpable silence?

Nonsense.

I'm specifically alluding to use of phrases like "I'm not happy at being dropped/subbed"... It's naive and ignorant to think that such comments won't get twisted... You'd hope he'd have learned that lesson after the NLD, but no, here we are 2 weeks later.... The kid is obviously not very bright. Hence STFU and let the gaffer do the talking... And thus my original comment "Keeping his head down and his mouth shut would go a long way with me."

His "let it drop... It's not welcome" comments (which is all his initial so-called apology amounted to BTW!); it's like the guy that does a deal with the devil and then complains that he wants his soul back. More naivety....

The earliest the tabloids let go of Rose-Gate is at the end of the summer window.... When he either leaves or him staying PROVES he is committed. TFC cunt offs or twitter speculation won't change that.

I tell you what is "nonsense", almost every retort from the 'get over it' camp seeming to exonerate DR from any responsibility...

In turn as I stated in another post, to blame the manipulative, gutter nature of the mainstream tabloid press on fan speculation is a big stretch IMO and whilst I'm happy to let him 'get on with it' and make amends, I find the shifting of blame onto fans that have maintained reservations about his character quite offensive.

(Also, as an aside, it seems curious to me how few seem too concerned that his aggressive over-reaction last night a) could have got him a red on another night and a 3 match CL ban - in a dead rubber at that! - and b) led to the stitches, substitution and mis-construed 'spat' with Poch.... Or maybe I've got it wrong and we should be blaming fan gossip for that clusterfuck too???)

Our strength last year was the amazing team spirit Poch instilled in every player. I feel that Rose undermined it by doing both the radio and Sun interviews. He has changed from being a supporters' favourite to being a divisive figure. Can't see that's going to change any time soon.

Danny 'Littlefinger' Rose imo.
He knew what he was doing, and why is he still taking to media knowing they are going to dreg everything up and pounce on the slightest thing. Shut up now Danny and concentrate on football, you know something you are good at.

I'm specifically alluding to use of phrases like "I'm not happy at being dropped/subbed"... It's naive and ignorant to think that such comments won't get twisted... You'd hope he'd have learned that lesson after the NLD, but no, here we are 2 weeks later.... The kid is obviously not very bright. Hence STFU and let the gaffer do the talking... And thus my original comment "Keeping his head down and his mouth shut would go a long way with me."

His "let it drop... It's not welcome" comments (which is all his initial so-called apology amounted to BTW!); it's like the guy that does a deal with the devil and then complains that he wants his soul back. More naivety....

The earliest the tabloids let go of Rose-Gate is at the end of the summer window.... When he either leaves or him staying PROVES he is committed. TFC cunt offs or twitter speculation won't change that.

I tell you what is "nonsense", almost every retort from the 'get over it' camp seeming to exonerate DR from any responsibility...

In turn as I stated in another post, to blame the manipulative, gutter nature of the mainstream tabloid press on fan speculation is a big stretch IMO and whilst I'm happy to let him 'get on with it' and make amends, I find the shifting of blame onto fans that have maintained reservations about his character quite offensive.

(Also, as an aside, it seems curious to me how few seem too concerned that his aggressive over-reaction last night a) could have got him a red on another night and a 3 match CL ban - in a dead rubber at that! - and b) led to the stitches, substitution and mis-construed 'spat' with Poch.... Or maybe I've got it wrong and we should be blaming fan gossip for that clusterfuck too???)
Yeah, but's tough if the press are there asking questions, he's damned no matter what he says...he's even damned if he walks past them saying nothing...you could just see the headlines "Thorny Rose in strop at the press as well as Poch"

Yeah, but's tough if the press are there asking questions, he's damned no matter what he says...he's even damned if he walks past them saying nothing...you could just see the headlines "Thorny Rose in strop at the press as well as Poch"

Tough but not impossible. Other players do it all the time.

...Besides, we've simply come full circle;

WHY are they honing in on him specifically?

...BECAUSE of him and his actions in the summer!

+ your retort like so many others before it avoids that fact that he could have chosen his words (and actions) better.... AGAIN.

Another thing.... He wasnt even in the matchday squad for the NLD yet still embraced the opportunity to make similar comments in the public domain.

That's fair enough.

Keeping his nut down and earning back goodwill through performances. Just like Coutinho has done for instance.

Rose I guess may want a move, long as we get someone like Sessegnon then it won’t be too bad.

Not so worried about losing the likes of Walker or Rose considering our replacements such as Aurier, Trippier, Davies and hopefully Sessegnon or whoever we get in.

My bigger concern is if Toby or Kane or someone of that level looks for a move, that’s when the team might break up.

If Rose goes the Press will be putting it out again that we are a selling club and speculate even more on others leaving. They will not be interested that the club wanted to sell just we have sold a player to a competitor.

Rose relishes chance to end Man City's winning run - just like last season

Spurs are set to face their former full-back Kyle Walker this weekend, five months after he departed to join City in a £50million deal.

The England man will surely be pleased with his decision as it stands, with his new club having an 11-point lead at the top of the table.

But Rose said: “There’s no envy. He fully deserved his move. Over the last two to three years he’s been the best right-back in the league. His assists and performances prove that.

He’s got what he deserves and I wish him the best of luck in every game that he plays, apart from when he plays against us.
“Of course it will be nice to see him and play against him if I’m selected. But he’s the enemy this weekend and there’ll be no pleasantries until after the game.”

Hmm...

Rose relishes chance to end Man City's winning run - just like last season

Spurs are set to face their former full-back Kyle Walker this weekend, five months after he departed to join City in a £50million deal.

The England man will surely be pleased with his decision as it stands, with his new club having an 11-point lead at the top of the table.

But Rose said: “There’s no envy. He fully deserved his move. Over the last two to three years he’s been the best right-back in the league. His assists and performances prove that.

He’s got what he deserves and I wish him the best of luck in every game that he plays, apart from when he plays against us.
“Of course it will be nice to see him and play against him if I’m selected. But he’s the enemy this weekend and there’ll be no pleasantries until after the game.”

Hmm...
"He's got what he deserves"...

...defend away ostriches.

I've tried to stay away from the Rose debate but this last comment about 'walker getting what he deserves'.

He's literally saying that playing for Man City is bigger for his career than playing for Spurs. Unless he's purely talking about money, in which case, I'm sick and tired of hearing about it.

Back
Top Bottom