Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Rose has to be giving absolutely 100% to look half decent, mainly using his pace and getting lucky with his headless chicken approach. But he has little skill and a poor footballing brain. When he's not giving 100%, he looks severely limited: like today. Davies has more potential, but it will probably be a year until we really see it. Playing at Tottenham is hugely different to playing at Swansea. We'll have to wait and see if, mentally, he can hack it.
What a fucking idiot.
:angryscouser:

Shout out to Danny Rose, who is now our longest serving player after arriving from Leeds in 2007.

danny_rose_2008.jpg
PA-8692074.jpg

He has become one of our most consistant players, in my opinion.

10646770-large.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO

If we're ranking players based on bravery/fighting spirit/toughness I would say

Rose, Dier, Lloris and Fazio are the top 4 (in no order) from what I've seen so far. Based on tough tackling, being nasty when required, putting body on the line, not turning their back on shots (fucking hate that shit) etc.

Hopefully the former 3 will be our spine for years to come.

I've grown to like Rose and he's actually one of my favourite footballers at the club now.

He came with a reputation of being one of the bright sparks in the impressive Leeds youth team. He played well for our youth teams (especially in central midfield) before suffering some real bad injuries as a youngster. Followed up by some average loans (which included a freak own goal), you thought it just wasn't going to be for him, even after his 45 minute debut against Woolwich and scoring that wonder goal, you thought he'd just be a pub quiz answer.

But through hard work and desire, and some inspired tactical position changing from Redknapp, we now have one of the best left backs in the league. I remember his back to back man of the match performances at Anfield and the Etihad in his first two games as left back and thinking wow, this is impressive, it then sort of stagnated, coupled with some poor performances and became a hate figure after his red card against Villa in a game we couldnt really afford to drop points in.

He then got a Premier League loan to Sunderland where he went from strength to strength, got voted their player of the year and came back to us having just missed out on Champions League by a point and a first team place awaiting due to the fall out with Ekotto. Started well but once again become some sort of scapegoat despite putting in solid performances, I think people tended to forget that this was the year we got battered 6-0, 5-1, 4-0, 4-0, 3-0, 5-0. Rose played in one of them and got wrongly sent off after about 45 minutes. This was also the season his mistake in the middle of the field at the Emirates knocked us out of the FA Cup.

Fast forward a season and after solid performances, he really began to win round the crowd. He showed great determination in his performances following the arrival of Ben Davies. With a mix of strength and pace as well as defensive awareness, his become a focal point of our side and we would be a lot better if the team had the same passion and determination to improve as Rose.

Onwards and upwards Broadway. You're forever Spurs.

IMHO

If we're ranking players based on bravery/fighting spirit/toughness I would say

Rose, Dier, Lloris and Fazio are the top 4 (in no order) from what I've seen so far. Based on tough tackling, being nasty when required, putting body on the line, not turning their back on shots (fucking hate that shit) etc.

Hopefully the former 3 will be our spine for years to come.
Fazio??? i don't really think i would put Lloris in there either tbh. Swap those 2 for Walker and Benteleb who both have really good attitudes and fight until the end (walker making the occasional mistake doesn't mean he doesn't fight for the cause)

Fazio??? i don't really think i would put Lloris in there either tbh. Swap those 2 for Walker and Benteleb who both have really good attitudes and fight until the end (walker making the occasional mistake doesn't mean he doesn't fight for the cause)
Fazio yes, he never bottles out of headers or challenges. Old school toughness. Doesn't take shit either. Gave Costa a right hook to the ribs and shoved Frazier Campbell on the floor when he tried to start on Lloris.

Lloris goes in there because he's very brave with when he dives into the feet of attackers. Even after being KO'd by Lukaku's knee he still played the same game. He regularly puts himself in danger.

Walker you can make an argument for.

Bentaleb not yet, he has the fighting spirit but he still covers his hands with his face when blocking shots- was lucky not concede a penalty like that last season. Once he grows out of that he'll be up there too.

Fazio yes, he never bottles out of headers or challenges. Old school toughness. Doesn't take shit either. Gave Costa a right hook to the ribs and shoved Frazier Campbell on the floor when he tried to start on Lloris.

Lloris goes in there because he's very brave with when he dives into the feet of attackers. Even after being KO'd by Lukaku's knee he still played the same game. He regularly puts himself in danger.

Bentaleb not yet, he has the fighting spirit but he still covers his hands with his face when blocking shots- was lucky not concede a penalty like that last season. Once he grows out of that he'll be up there too.
Don't forget Mason. He's a scrappy mother fucker.

Lloris is completely fearless in the area, he's tough as nails too.
Still completely clueless as to why Gibbs was picked over Rose. If Rose continues his form he'll definitely be picked, can't believe how much he's improved under Pochettino.

I think I remember the commentator saying something about Rose taking a knock in a few consecutive training sessions, but I suppose it could just be Davies has been playing well (or at least not bad enough to be dropped), and it's fairly common for managers to pick players on merit rather than favourites... Although you do wonder why Chadli keeps starting matches.

Have there been any reports about what is going on here? I like Ben Davies and all, but Danny Rose should be one of the first players on the team sheet.
I can only think it is a knock? Rose is 10X the player Davies is. Granted Davies has been decent but Rose just offers us so much more going forward. His pace is also vital to our high line, as he makes several timely challenges and recovery runs to help out our CB's. Honestly, aside from Kane and Lloris probably one of first on team sheet for me.

I heard that there is concern about his hamstring, nothing major hence he is on the bench, just playing it safe. For once it is nice to have a decent player to come in, gone are the days of seeing Jan or Naughton playing out of position at LB.

I heard that there is concern about his hamstring, nothing major hence he is on the bench, just playing it safe. For once it is nice to have a decent player to come in, gone are the days of seeing Jan or Naughton playing out of position at LB.

Yep. Davies, Mason and Dier are pretty scary to go up against too. Davies kicked the shit out of Sunderland.

I like that we are the opposite of Soft Spurs these days.

He covers his hands with his face? What a fucking hard bastard!

Back
Top Bottom