Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of our front four he was the ONLY player making runs. The ONLY player linking play. The ONLY player to complete a pass.

The first half was bottled by the manager and we kept back 3 defenders marking one man (Antonio), they played narrow and we played narrow. Only when Davies also pushed up were we able to stretch the pitch and create space an thus the opportunities increased.

I acknowledge the first half as a shite half of football, hence I said "in context" Dele was the best of our front four. But when you hold a bias, it's things like that you ignore, as the desire to lay blame is all too quick.
No bias.....if Dele plays well, I’ll say it, and do.
The fact Ive said it maybe 4 times since 2017 says a lot more about Dele than it does me.

I suppose we are all guilty of seeing what we want to see at times.
I know with 100% clarity what I saw.

Three defenders marking Antonio, width coming from one player (Aurier). Kane, Son, Lucas unable to trap or pass a ball and the only player who was running, making angles, laying the ball off, linking with others (mostly with Son) was Dele. In addition to this, the passes into the front four from defence and midfield were cut out almost at will. A consequence of no movement from Kane, Son, Lucas and poor passing from, at that point in the game, from Lo Celso and few from Sissoko.

But if you didn't see that and can't acknowledge that's how we set up and played the first half there's really not much more that can be said.

Last edited:
No bias.....if Dele plays well, I’ll say it, and do.
The fact Ive said it maybe 4 times since 2017 says a lot more about Dele than it does me.
No, it's because you haven't got a clue what he does or where he's been asked to play. Let's not go back to the time when you didn't even notice that Poch was playing him deep and you thought he was still playing as an AM.

No, it's because you haven't got a clue what he does or where he's been asked to play. Let's not go back to the time when you didn't even notice that Poch was playing him deep and you thought he was still playing as an AM.
I knew he was deep.....he was still shite though
Quite funny because your argument works against you for Lucas.
Maybe he’s doing what is asked of him too. Doesn’t stop you thinking he’s shit though does it numpty

I knew he was deep.....he was still shite though
Quite funny because your argument works against you for Lucas.
Maybe he’s doing what is asked of him too. Doesn’t stop you thinking he’s shit though does it numpty
You argued with me for well over a year that he wasn't playing deeper. Let's not go there it will be humiliating for you.

Lucas wasn't playing deep Sammy, can you not see that? He also could barely make a pass, barely control the ball. But, yes, the tactics Jose employed in the first half didn't help any of the attacking players (this doesn't excuse the misplaced passes and lack of control and movement) but does make it harder for them on account they were outnumbered by a low block narrow defence. Had Jose shown some balls he would have released Davies in the first half and left two at the back marking Antonio as opposed to having three.

You argued with me for well over a year that he wasn't playing deeper. Let's not go there it will be humiliating for you.

Lucas wasn't playing deep Sammy, can you not see that? He also could barely make a pass, barely control the ball. But, yes, the tactics Jose employed in the first half didn't help any of the attacking players (this doesn't excuse the misplaced passes and lack of control and movement) but does make it harder for them on account they were outnumbered by a low block narrow defence. Had Jose shown some balls he would have released Davies in the first half and left two at the back marking Antonio as opposed to having three.
Stop talking shit.
Dele up top is garbage
Dele deep is garbage

It changes nothing. What’s Lucas position got to do with it?
You are telling people they can’t think Dele is crap because they have “no idea” what Jose wants him to do.

So that goes for you and Moura........unless of course you’re in the dressing room.
It’s a rubbish argument. I dont care what Deles been asked to do, he’s been shite regardless.

It’s like you’ve convinced yourself he’s been asked to not control a ball and do shit passes.

Last edited:
What happened to this guy?

He used to be an absolute warrior, You could see that he wanted it and wanted to destroy anyone that got in his way. I miss that Dele.

Now, he is an absolute shadow of that guy, don't even recognize him anymore.

I'd cash in now. If we can get £40 million .

I honestly think he's done.

Came on yesterday and just showed why he's not good enough
Wants WAYYYY to long on the ball and honestly just slows down all our attacks. He has to not be part of this team anymore smh.

What happened to this guy?

He used to be an absolute warrior, You could see that he wanted it and wanted to destroy anyone that got in his way. I miss that Dele.

Now, he is an absolute shadow of that guy, don't even recognize him anymore.

I'd cash in now. If we can get £40 million .

I honestly think he's done.

It's painful watching him be so useless and ineffective these days when you remember the good times.

Dele has simply been found out for the very limited player he is.

If any team is dumb enough to offer upwards of £30m we should bite their hand off.

He can probably still get 10 goals a season in the right system but unfortunately I can't think of a more depressing strategy than building a system around Dele.

I think the repeated hamstring injuries have really had a devastating impact on him.

Remember the types of goals he used to score in his first two seasons? When was the last time he even had a shot from distance? I’m not convinced he’s got the hamstrings to actually strike the ball with power anymore.

Really?

EcKN60HXkAE_44J

Is he a forward, is he a midfielder, is he a DM or is he just from MK.
I used to think he was Superman but too much too soon, too many games too soon.
Let's remember the goal at Crystal Palace and then bank him quick and buy someone who can help us move forward. I think he needs Poch to big him up ?

Back
Top Bottom