Dele

JDK

Raw Ill give it to ya no trivia. Okay, some trivia
It’s an inflection point of his career, what happens this year will go a long way in defining what type of career he’ll have.

I think the PSG interest was an outlier, unless he bounces back this season I can’t see any of the big clubs coming in for him especially at the price we’ll demand.

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
A lot depends on injuries to other midfielders. Bale only got his chance all those years ago because BAE got injured. If he gets a chance of a run of games then he needs to grab it.

Wasn't BAE at the African Cup of Nations as opposed to injury?

But yes, point well made. There will be times where players are rested or injured and those are the times Dele needs to grab. More recently, like Lo Celso last season who was also out of favour.

Airfixx

[Cherub] #TeamHebzebenese
He'll play on Thursday.

The game-time the EL provides for players on the fringes is a big benefit.

We have depth and players that need minutes.

......So shortsighted; people preferring not to be in Europe at all this year.

Last edited:
I mentioned it before, I think, but Dele has had it way too easy for the last couple of years. With lack of depth and injuries he was a guaranteed starter under Poch and at the start of Jose's reign. He got complacent and thought he had made it.
I would give him till, definitely January, and maybe the summer to see if he can gets head down and work hard. HG and still young, so there's a chance he can come good again. Doubtful, I know.
He's under contract until 2024 (I think ?) so there's no rush to cash in.

Just to be clear, I think he will throw his toys out of the pram and ask for a move, but I'm hoping that he has that right people advising him.
Jose has proven there's a way back to the first team, if you work hard (GLC and Tanguy)
I maintain he was always mishandled. There was a concerted effort made to coach the reactive nasty out of him. Jose is the perfect bloke to put it back. He is a kid with a grievance that's actually a source of power. He should chat to Zlatan. There's alot of revisionism around the player, poor at this poor at that. Thats a very English media way of looking at a player. Focusing on the minus not the plus. Some of the things he pulls off very few of his contemporaries can. I think he can still be aset to a smart coach, his big problem could be that we are setting primarily for a system that doesn't suit him. I however would like a team that is coached specifically to switch between two systems with 22 players suited to this he could be a big part of a plan like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see a resurgent Dele...with us hmmm🤔

Stanley

Graduated and happy
Alasdair Gold told the following in his YouTube roundup:

After realizing the loan deal to PSG wouldn't go through, he reacted really well, and started training really hard.

Posted a video slapping Doherty and Sess in the back of their heads. Bantz.

Fuck that.

:wansum:

Starting to make sense how he's lost his way. Time to grow up.

I was sent the video earlier today, apparently this is a new trend with children. I felt really embarrassed watching the video. Grow the fuck up mate.

mike_l

A&C's a cunt, Hercules wanks off cats...
I was sent the video earlier today, apparently this is a new trend with children. I felt really embarrassed watching the video. Grow the fuck up mate.
Is this the new 'happy slapping' then? I don't want to overreact and join an anti Dele mob, but if so it's a fucking stupid thing to be doing at all, let alone videoing and promoting it as a thing on social media. You're supposed to be a figure that kids will look up to and emulate, and you use that status as a stage to do dumb shit like this, ffs Dele...

Is this the new 'happy slapping' then? I don't want to overreact and join an anti Dele mob, but if so it's a fucking stupid thing to be doing at all, let alone videoing and promoting it as a thing on social media. You're supposed to be a figure that kids will look up to and emulate, and you use that status as a stage to do dumb shit like this, ffs Dele...
I'm not entirely sure but it sounds like it might be. My mate is a teacher for a primary school and said the kids there do it.

I maintain he was always mishandled. There was a concerted effort made to coach the reactive nasty out of him. Jose is the perfect bloke to put it back. He is a kid with a grievance that's actually a source of power. He should chat to Zlatan. There's alot of revisionism around the player, poor at this poor at that. Thats a very English media way of looking at a player. Focusing on the minus not the plus. Some of the things he pulls off very few of his contemporaries can. I think he can still be aset to a smart coach, his big problem could be that we are setting primarily for a system that doesn't suit him. I however would like a team that is coached specifically to switch between two systems with 22 players suited to this he could be a big part of a plan like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see a resurgent Dele...with us hmmm🤔
Or we could take the money and invest in someone else.
I like Deli but he seems to be on the same destruct path that took Rose away.
Great analysis but maybe he just got too much too soon.
I think, in the end, Dier will leave too.

Team Tanguy

Former kicker of sponges
I like Dele but after the corona joke you'd expect he'd be like a nun on social media now.
Stupid.

He should use this lack of game time as an opportunity to work on weaknesses (left foot, strength etc) and heal up any niggly injuries.

It seems terribly English to focus on his nastiness as his main asset rather than his technical ability.

His problem is that he isn’t technically proficient enough when jt comes to close control/dribbling (like Tanguy), doesn’t have the passing range or awareness (like Gio), nor the pace to terrify the opposition or run away from trailing defenders (like Son).

For a guy who plays in the number 10 role he is severely lacking in many important departments. His lack of technique often leads him to slowing down quick attacks or just outright losing it. His main strength was arriving in the box at the right time but that isn’t enough anymore.

If the nastiness was the only issue, he’d have been alright.

Top Bottom