Dele

I maintain he was always mishandled. There was a concerted effort made to coach the reactive nasty out of him. Jose is the perfect bloke to put it back. He is a kid with a grievance that's actually a source of power. He should chat to Zlatan. There's alot of revisionism around the player, poor at this poor at that. Thats a very English media way of looking at a player. Focusing on the minus not the plus. Some of the things he pulls off very few of his contemporaries can. I think he can still be aset to a smart coach, his big problem could be that we are setting primarily for a system that doesn't suit him. I however would like a team that is coached specifically to switch between two systems with 22 players suited to this he could be a big part of a plan like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see a resurgent Dele...with us hmmm🤔
It seems terribly English to focus on his nastiness as his main asset rather than his technical ability.

His problem is that he isn’t technically proficient enough when jt comes to close control/dribbling (like Tanguy), doesn’t have the passing range or awareness (like Gio), nor the pace to terrify the opposition or run away from trailing defenders (like Son).

For a guy who plays in the number 10 role he is severely lacking in many important departments. His lack of technique often leads him to slowing down quick attacks or just outright losing it. His main strength was arriving in the box at the right time but that isn’t enough anymore.

If the nastiness was the only issue, he’d have been alright.

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
The whole "I like ya cut G" thing is years old.

It's nothing but banter and the players got a nice laugh out of it. I for one am loving the harmony amongst the group right now. It feels like the best it's been in a long long time.

The whole "I like ya cut G" thing is years old.

It's nothing but banter and the players got a nice laugh out of it. I for one am loving the harmony amongst the group right now. It feels like the best it's been in a long long time.

You can tell from both guys, but esp Bergwijn that the laughter was forced. If some little instagram weasel did that to me, I’d be pissed too.

Generally speaking, slapping your teammates in the head doesn’t usually lead to a harmonious atmosphere. What next, piss in their coffees?

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
You can tell from both guys, but esp Bergwijn that the laughter was forced. If some little instagram weasel did that to me, I’d be pissed too.

Generally speaking, slapping your teammates in the head doesn’t usually lead to a harmonious atmosphere. What next, piss in their coffees?

I can tell from both guys, that they couldn't believe they got caught in a meme and reacted accordingly. Dohertys laughter was so "forced" that he laughed at it happening to Bergwijn.

I'm amazed that anyone who's had a friend before is actually triggered by this video. Or this meme.

I guess it's just because it's Dele.

Thank god it wasn't Danny Rose.

Airfixx

[ Tiers Of A Clown ] Announce Hebzebenese

It's the kind of crap I'd expect school kids to do... Not grown men.

At school I remember there was a similar craze slapping each others faces a la an old Tango advert ("You've been Tango'd"); more often than not people would respond badly and I saw so many fights kick off as a result..... I can't imagine too many adults being too impressed.

If that's how Dele is spending his time when at work then, as someone has already said, he needs to knuckle down and stop worrying about twitter or wherever he's posting this nonsense.

Last edited:

Airfixx

I can tell from both guys, that they couldn't believe they got caught in a meme and reacted accordingly. Dohertys laughter was so "forced" that he laughed at it happening to Bergwijn.

I'm amazed that anyone who's had a friend before is actually triggered by this video. Or this meme.

I guess it's just because it's Dele.

Thank god it wasn't Danny Rose.

Then again, imagine Dele doing it to Hugo or another senior squad member.....

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Hugo doesn't have the cut for it.

The meme is usually saved for people that have a skin fade (or a bald head). Hence the slapping of the skin at the back of the head on both Doherty and Bergwijn (and when Dier done it to him)

Last edited:
That’s where the problem lies. He wouldn’t and the wrong person personality wise will know it, understand it as a lack if respect and instinctively react badly.

Certain ppl who even seem chilled normally would react very badly to shit like that. I’d have hit Dele hard enough back that he would know never to do any shit like that to me again.

Airfixx

That’s where the problem lies. He wouldn’t and the wrong person personality wise will know it, understand it as a lack if respect and instinctively react badly.

Certain ppl who even seem chilled normally would react very badly to shit like that. I’d have hit Dele hard enough back that he would know never to do any shit like that to me again.

I can well imagine the scenes if you were to do that to a dozen people in a pub, probably 10/12 would at the very least stand nose-to-nose with you and tell you to fuck off.

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
I can well imagine the scenes if you were to do that to a dozen people in a pub, probably 10/12 would at the very least stand nose-to-nose with you and tell you to fuck off.

But why would you do it to a dozen people in a pub?

Did Dele?

Or did Dele do it to two team mates he sees and talks to every single day of his life, who proceeded to laugh about a meme there is a high chance they've seen and laughed at in the past.

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
I'm not worked up.... I'm simply passing comment.

I can only assume if you find it ammusing that you're actually a Dele/Lingard type man-baby in real life.

I don't find that particular meme funny, no.

But amazingly, when you're around people you know and are friends with. You do stupid shit that you find funny. Unless you're a boring cunt, of course.

Airfixx

But why would you do it to a dozen people in a pub?

Did Dele?

Or did Dele do it to two team mates he sees and talks to every single day of his life, who proceeded to laugh about a meme there is a high chance they've seen and laughed at in the past.

You simply wouldn't.... And that's my point.

Re-read my orignal post Totti.... It's nothing new..... It's school-boy shit.

Last edited:

Airfixx

I don't find that particular meme funny, no.

But amazingly, when you're around people you know and are friends with. You do stupid shit that you find funny. Unless you're a boring cunt, of course.

Well, we're only talking about that "particular meme". :roll:

Like I said: ......Hilarious/fascinating, I'm sure.

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
You simply wouldn't.... And that's my point.

Re-read my orignal post Totti.... It's nothing new..... It's school-boy shit.

So how is Dele doing it with his friends the same as someone doing it to a dozen strangers in a pub?

It's a meme. No different to the players doing the Harlem shake.

Again, this is because it's Dele. That much is obvious.

Don't worry, I am sure Bergwijn or Doherty will get their "revenge" when Dele gets a fresh trim. I wonder if they'll get the same treatment.

Eric Dier certainly didn't when he done it FOUR years ago.

Airfixx

So how is Dele doing it with his friends the same as someone doing it to a dozen strangers in a pub?

The point being, regardless of group-isms, is that it's still not something that everyone will take kindly to.

eg. Is Bergwijn laughing cos he thinks it's funny or is he just towing the line cos he's one of the proverbial new kids....? Dembele used to have a fade... You think Dele would pull that shit on him? Bollocks he would.

It's a meme. No different to the players doing the Harlem shake.

Again, this is because it's Dele. That much is obvious.

Don't pull that bollocks on me.....

It's not the same as a funky handshake or some shit either.

Top Bottom