Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's bit like Lamela, not always good, but working hard (while playing). He's not afraid of losing the ball, he has angry reactions. That's passion. I will always prefer him to Sissoko, Winks or any player that hasn't enough courage.

Dele was best when he was a complete and utter cunt winding up the oppo players and fans, if we can get the prime cunt dele back then Jose has a hard choice picking his best 11, unfortunately we have only seen glimpses of the old dele the last few seasons , so my main point is dele needs to stop feeling sorry for himself for being dropped and prove to Jose that he should be the first name on the sheet, get that hunger for the game back! If not then thanks for the memories Linguard Mk2!

Dele was best when he was a complete and utter cunt winding up the oppo players and fans, if we can get the prime cunt dele back then Jose has a hard choice picking his best 11, unfortunately we have only seen glimpses of the old dele the last few seasons , so my main point is dele needs to stop feeling sorry for himself for being dropped and prove to Jose that he should be the first name on the sheet, get that hunger for the game back! If not then thanks for the memories Linguard Mk2!
Where is it said that he's feeling sorry for himself

We have had three of some of the best games of the last two years and Dele wasn't involved in any of them.
My contention is that we would have had many more good games if we'd replaced him with a competent footballer many seasons ago but many folks don't agree.

JM's clearly got a checkered history with man management, but Dele is the type of player he can really get a tune out of, done it loads. Players with buckets of skill but where it's not firing.

Ndomb is Chalk and Cheese compared to what he was. He can only do that turnaround if his head is totally in the right place. That was more of a challenge imo.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see a revitalised Dele coming back.

Who can say but Alli needs to quickly recognise it's more than likely downhill from.us.

He regularly has high stats for ground covered and number of sprints in a game.

I know we’re not happy with how he has been playing, fair enough. People have seen the comment in the documentary about him being lazy in training and applied it to how he is in games. That’s just not the case. He’s not played well a lot of times but he’s always worked hard. Lack of focus and confidence isn’t laziness.

He's not afraid of losing the ball, he has angry reactions.
Reactions is good but try and direct that towards the opponents and not at fucking Dier or other of your team mates. Like fucking Rose putting the whole team down and you can see Mourinho's death stares and the fucker had the nerve to say he will go to Levy...lol

I know we’re not happy with how he has been playing, fair enough. People have seen the comment in the documentary about him being lazy in training and applied it to how he is in games. That’s just not the case. He’s not played well a lot of times but he’s always worked hard. Lack of focus and confidence isn’t laziness.

Another reason why I don't like stats.

Like to see the 'stats' for him losing the ball after trying a flick etc. and then not tracking back to recover.

And would like to see what constitiues a sprint.

Bet Kane's got decent sprint stats and he only half sprints, mostly, now.

I personally feel in an age of xG and ball recovery nonsense stats, the ground covered stat is the worst. I get the feeling it only became a thing because the technology was there and it gave them a chance to show it off.

Eriksen and Deli were probably our two best players in regards to distance covered last season. It means nothing. As far as I'm concerned, they could be running away from the ball for all I know.

I hope Dele either extracts the digit or leaves gracefully. I don't see where he fits into this team anymore though.

So is Dele going for a drink tonight in The Last Chance Saloon ?.
If he does play then I'm not looking for a mega performance, just one in which he appears hungry for the ball again and concentrating on his position and passing.
He has to realise, especially with Jose, that it's not about fancy flicks and odd flashes of brilliance. It's about doing the basics, consistently, reliably and confidently. Once that's mastered then nothing wrong with trying some improvisation but we need to see some effort and commitment from him first.

So is Dele going for a drink tonight in The Last Chance Saloon ?.
If he does play then I'm not looking for a mega performance, just one in which he appears hungry for the ball again and concentrating on his position and passing.
He has to realise, especially with Jose, that it's not about fancy flicks and odd flashes of brilliance. It's about doing the basics, consistently, reliably and confidently. Once that's mastered then nothing wrong with trying some improvisation but we need to see some effort and commitment from him first.

Yep 100%.

Up to Bale's arrival though he was the one maverick, so keeping a potent Alli would be sensible.

But that one has been missing for too long.

He has to see that he can contribute to what suddenly looks as though it could be a strong squad.

Very much in his court but the edges of the lines need to be hit or he will be out.

Back
Top Bottom