Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

where does he fit in this team ?
he is not a good midfielder, he did have an eye for goal (has he still ?) so for me he is a second striker but only if we have an eriksen type player who can see the pass/run

I thought Jose had no say over who came in or who got contracts at Utd, so we can’t hold the £400mil spend against him?

It’s Woodward’s fault just like it’s all Levy’s right?

Luke Shaw form over the season, is a result ofJose focusing his mind, on football, laying off the junk food and get the basics in check.

Just look at Rashford, Martial and Pogba since Jose has left, all very indifferent, hence bruno fernandes and cavani.

Also look at the height in which McTomommany has reached, not the greatest player, but an important cog in the man u team, that you could have as a squad player, no question.

Lastily with Skipp and ryan back in the summer, who will reap the benefits, and allow us to possibly offload winks and sissoko.

It's better to sell dele and use le celso and lamela or kane in the number 10 birth, also did we not also send a striker on loan.

Luke Shaw form over the season, is a result ofJose focusing his mind, on football, laying off the junk food and get the basics in check.

Just look at Rashford, Martial and Pogba since Jose has left, all very indifferent, hence bruno fernandes and cavani.

Also look at the height in which McTomommany has reached, not the greatest player, but an important cog in the man u team, that you could have as a squad player, no question.

Lastily with Skipp and ryan back in the summer, who will reap the benefits, and allow us to possibly offload winks and sissoko.

It's better to sell dele and use le celso and lamela or kane in the number 10 birth, also did we not also send a striker on loan.
Just go away

It wasn't that long ago that Jose first came in and played Dele in the position where he does best, and he was banging goals in. Remember all the "Dele's brother" stuff? Even in that short period he showed more than the likes of Lamela/Moura/Bergwijn ever will.

For whatever reason, he fell out with Mourinho (has this ever happened before?). He either needs to be sold or needs a manager who wants to maximise his talent and play him. The way Mourinho treated him was a joke really, subbing him at half-time in the first game of the season and making him a scapegoat. And we played worse in that game after he went off. Pretty much banished him from that point on bar the odd cup appearance. Yet, pre-Covid, Dele showed him how productive he could be when he was backed as a player.

At his very best, he was one of my favourite players to watch for us. I hope he isn't lost forever.

NINTCHDBPICT000650159266.jpg

gordon ramsay facepalm GIF by MasterChef Junior

sackable offence the dreadlocks. Do me a favour

Dele seems to have lost his way at spurs and I get the feeling his focus is not on his game or his career.
It'll be telling if he doesn't play under the new manager.
A parting of the ways may be best for both him and the club.

Back
Top Bottom