Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately I suspect the authorities give as much of a shit about player welfare as they do about reducing ticket prices. As long as the money keeps flowing in they won’t care.
I don't believe that to be the case, it might take time but they will give a shit about player welfare more than ticket prices.

If PFA decide not to allow their players to play, it'll force clubs and FA's to change.

We've seen it with the concussion substitution. It's a slow process but I think it'll get there.

Unfortunately I suspect the authorities give as much of a shit about player welfare as they do about reducing ticket prices. As long as the money keeps flowing in they won’t care.
Thousands of kids are born every year that will grow up wanting to be professional footballers, it’s a renewable resource.

Clubs can use them until they break then get another one. That’s why players should always think about their own interests.

Tell me something, who at the time was saying what Mourinho said here was wrong? Nobody that I can remember. I'm sure if he had any inkling of what was really going on, there would have been a different approach. Like sending him straight to rehab and the whole club would have been supportive.

I did. I said you don't have this conversation on camera if you care about the human being. Not wise after the event it was just obvious to me and I couldn't see Pochettino doing it either.

I reckon posters who just use 4 letter words about our players, managers etc are the biggest cowards going. Sit there with their phones and tablets typing away ,throwing out insult after insult in gutter language but they would be terrified to say these things to peoples faces. All talk nothing more. Guys give it a break and damn well grow up and try to be decent human beings.

Heartrending watch, finding it difficult to take it all in. Just wish he had been able to talk it out before now. Better late than never I suppose. He's still only 27, so if he can stay healthy, would love to see him play again.
It is something you can use to motivate yourself out of and back doing what you love to do.
Find a good counselor in this field, (not necessarily the ones that charge the most) but one with experience and focus on what positives you can identify which you can use to reignite you. Traumatic events in ones life are static and they can never be changed, they happened and the memory of them will never go away. They have the potential to drag you down or you can deal with it and set realistic and achievable life goals and move on. Be kind and not tough on yourself, believe in your ability to have a better life in the future.

I reckon posters who just use 4 letter words about our players, managers etc are the biggest cowards going. Sit there with their phones and tablets typing away ,throwing out insult after insult in gutter language but they would be terrified to say these things to peoples faces. All talk nothing more. Guys give it a break and damn well grow up and try to be decent human beings.
Why are you obsessed with policing people's language? They don't care what you think or that you don't like them swearing. They are free within legal boundaries to express themselves as they see fit. You should get some help with this because it's clear you really do struggle. It's not going to happen, they will swear, be emotive and occasionally irrational. It's part of human discourse.

Good point. There’s definitely no swearing or foul language in the dressing room, training ground or from the stands…. Players would be horrified by hurty words typed on here

It Easy to Judge Either Dele or Jose. Truth is that neither of them were wrong, it's just life. People swearing each other because Dele was this..... or Jose was that..... Jose told Dele his truth, maybe he did powder his nose and give him cuddles but he spoke the truth. Dele wasn't in the right headspace at the time, but those words planted a seed that played a huge part in Dele's life changing decision to go to rehab and face his demons. If Jose never told him how time flies and he will regret if he does reach his potential, Dele may never have changed his mindset.

More Power to both. You may not like it but those personalities together overcame 'The challenge'. Thanks Jose for your Truth and Thanks Dele for you bravery. Now come home and teach your whinning brothers how to make a team win.

Why are you obsessed with policing people's language? They don't care what you think or that you don't like them swearing. They are free within legal boundaries to express themselves as they see fit. You should get some help with this because it's clear you really do struggle. It's not going to happen, they will swear, be emotive and occasionally irrational. It's part of human discourse.
Come off it! Some,of the language on here is absolutely pathetic. You can express yourselves in loads of ways. Part of human discourse, there are plenty of words in a dictionary to enable that. It’s just trying to be the ‘big guy’. Would they use language like that in front of their children. Emotive, Jesus wept ,they are typing not watching a live game. There’s no emotion sitting down typing for God’s sake don’t talk so ridiculous.

Come off it! Some,of the language on here is absolutely pathetic. You can express yourselves in loads of ways. Part of human discourse, there are plenty of words in a dictionary to enable that. It’s just trying to be the ‘big guy’. Would they use language like that in front of their children. Emotive, Jesus wept ,they are typing not watching a live game. There’s no emotion sitting down typing for God’s sake don’t talk so ridiculous.
You have just Blasphemed you couldn't find better words? Christians wouldn't like that. You can be as sensorious as you want it won't change anything. Deal with it.

Heard Stan Collymore earlier say when he said he wanted to go into rehab as he was depressed he was told by Doug Ellis he could go and be a Maitre D at his restaurant if it helped!!

His therapist told him to go and play football and score goals to cheer himself up…..

I wonder how much has really changed.

ah look the forum fed has spoken.

Heard Stan Collymore earlier say when he said he wanted to go into rehab as he was depressed he was told by Doug Ellis he could go and be a Maitre D at his restaurant if it helped!!

His therapist told him to go and play football and score goals to cheer himself up…..

I wonder how much has really changed.
To be fair it is Stan Collymore, he’s a woman beating twat so they probably didn’t have too much sympathy for his alleged depression.
Sometimes morons use depression as an excuse for being morons. I suspect he’s one of those.

Back
Top Bottom