Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice to see some positive words about him.

What is Stellini up to now? I thought he'd be managing on his own now somewhere, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Don't look hes doing anything at the moment, maybe waiting to join Conte @ his next post.

I'll never understand why a footballer who has managed to get to the absolute pinnacle of their profession, does something so stupid as to be late for training or miss a club function

Mind boggling
Maybe he's just an arrogant, Billy Big Boots who happens to be a talented footballer...

He certainly wouldn't be the first!

Sadly, it's not just the kids....... Adults have allowed this attitude towards planning, time-keeping etc. to ripple through and be assimilated too........

Plans are no longer plans..... They're just vague suggestions about what might happen if the stars align.

Even my Mum's become like this and she's recently turned 80.... Everything's left up on in the air until the latest possible moment.... This inherent insistence upon remaining flexible is all a bit self-centred tbh. Drives me fucking nuts!
My mother in law, is always late, always. At our wedding, clearly she thinks she’s making an entrance as everyone is already there to see her arrival.

What she doesn’t see is everyone thinking “How can you be late to your own daughters wedding, self centred @#£%&£@#”.

Starts today in 11:30 game home to Lecce.
Seems he is left side of midfield?
Edit (Spence subbed off at HT. Genoa were losing 1-0 but won 2-1)

Last edited:
Attitude problems are not "just" - and Angelos can't fix every attitude problem. Which is why Genova has a buying option (for less than Spurs paid for Spence).
He's turning 24 this summer, so should have sorted out his attitude problems already.
They are Djed's to fix and only his IMO.

If he's at Genoa with a cheap buy option it's because Ange doesn't see him as part of the plan long term. If Genoa don't take up the option it's because he hasn't showed the attitude and performance they want. How does he turn that around and show Ange what he can do?

I rate this quote and if he gets his attitude sorted, he has alot of tools.

There must be some reason Ange isn't keen though. If it's just attitude then Spence can fix that. If it's about something technical or tactical understanding, maybe Ange isn't likely to show the patience if he's also had a shit attitude in the past.
It's not just attitude.

His defensive positioning is absolutely terrible and is terrible for the shape of any team he'll play in, and he isn't talented enough to play in a more attacking position like the wing.

It's the same thing which happened with his last loan "oh look how exciting he can be, they love him over there!", then after the manager catches on that he's absolutely uncoachable he'll just fall off.

The reguilon phenomenon.

tbh I think it was a club decision. Reguillons quotes eluded to it when he said Ange said he's in his plans and the next day he was shipped off.

I think Reg might have just been talking waffle.

(If a player is in Ange's plans then why the hell would they club ship him out to a rival on loan????)

He was crap in pre season and by my reckoning is just saying desperate stuff in the media cos he's feeling 'stuck on the outside looking in' at 3 of his last clubs(*); soon to be 4.... Seems to be a massive case of make or break for him at Brentford (and even then Henry would oust him once he returns).

........Sounds a bit like Djed come to think of it. Why wouldn't he say these things if it's not going well at Genoa?

Both seem to lack a bit of self awareness and whilst (perhaps) for different reason; relative obscurity beckons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom