Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It could work in our favour. The youngsters might see that Spence is a physically gifted, fairly talented player and that you need to have work ethic to make it. They are likely thinking why is this guy training with us?
Pitfalls of "success".

You have to train with at least 8 other players I think is the minimum. It was brought in a few years back to protect players who’d fell out with a manager,or the club wanted to move them on and they wouldn’t go.
I’d imagine it’s to do with mental health and player well being.
I don’t know the exact number nowadays but you can’t just tell them to come in at 9pm at night and tell them to run around a pitch for an hour by themselves like the old days.
It’s all about player protection nowadays.
Sancho has been training alone hasn't he?

Good loan for Djed. Better than getting kicked up and down the pitch in the Championship.

I think you meant "the training ground" instead of "the pitch".
He will hardly make it to pitch if he does not change his attitude.

He only got 784 minutes in Rennes, less than half of it for Leeds with first half of the season as well (though he was injured).

I think a move abroad might suit him again... he didn't do too badly in France, and if anything, struggled when he went on loan to Leeds... y'know, in that there Yorkshire!!

Will be interesting to see what he becomes... with us, or away from us...

There's talk of Marcus Edwards coming back to us one day, and he's been in Portugal all this time, so it clearly hasn't done him any harm!

This just shows how much Spence has "fallen". Does someone still believe he's not got an attitude problem?
No English club is willing to take a chance on him and the fee asked by Spurs is about half of the fee Spurs paid for him.
If Spence does not shape up mentally at Genova then Warnock's quip that Spence could end up playing non-league footy most probably come true

This just shows how much Spence has "fallen". Does someone still believe he's not got an attitude problem?
No English club is willing to take a chance on him and the fee asked by Spurs is about half of the fee Spurs paid for him.
If Spence does not shape up mentally at Genova then Warnock's quip that Spence could end up playing non-league footy most probably come true
Would hope if we're willing to put an option for less than we paid (but much more than half) then we'll have a buy back in there.

I think sending him overseas may do him good, a bit like Messi with an Afro.

If attitude is his problem, it's likely due in part to a gaggle of hangers on telling him he's great already. Hopefully that won't be an issue in Italy and the penny will drop.

Good luck to him, still young and with all that athletic talent he can make a hell of a life for himself if he grows up.

Back
Top Bottom