ECL - Spurs vs NS Mura, Thursday 30th Sept at 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're suggesting Rodin in defence, he should be partnered with Monet, Manet and Degas, to create the right Impression.

Then, to steady the ship, a Post-Impressionist midfield of Van Gogh, Gauguin and Georges Seurat.

Up front, I'd go Abstract Expressionism against NS Mura - Jackson Pollock and Rothko, with Andy Warhol as sole striker.

I don't think the fact that they're all dead should concern us - it'll make no difference.

Morning.

I fucking hate impressionists

Pastel-colour-pushing fartholes

If you're suggesting Rodin in defence, he should be partnered with Monet, Manet and Degas, to create the right Impression.

Then, to steady the ship, a Post-Impressionist midfield of Van Gogh, Gauguin and Georges Seurat.

Up front, I'd go Abstract Expressionism against NS Mura - Jackson Pollock and Rothko, with Andy Warhol as sole striker.

I don't think the fact that they're all dead should concern us - it'll make no difference.

Morning.
No to Monet. Has always lacked focus.

Well, after arguing we don’t need to be in this shithole tournament (but still supporting the boys of course) and need to focus on the league I guess I’ll recant. We have a better shot at pummeling some of these squads than we do domestically so we may as well try and get some hardware and a few notes out of it.

Sleep Yawn GIF

NS Mura, from Murska Sobota in Slovenia, won the Slovenian PrvaLiga in 2020/21 to take their place in the first qualifying round of the Champions League this season. They beat Shkendija (North Macedonia) 6-0 on aggregate but lost 3-1 over two legs against Ludogorets (Bulgaria) in the second qualifying round - coincidentally, we played both Shkendija and Ludogorets in last season's Europa League qualifying.

NS Mura then beat Zalgiris (Lithuania) 1-0 on aggregate in the third qualifying round of the Europa League before losing 5-1 on aggregate to Sturm (Austria) in the play-off.
The best part of this post is the indication that while we hate being in this competition, there are more disappointing ways of ending up in it. For us it was a long slow capitulation in the league last year. But imagine going from the exaltation of winning a title, clutching your Champions League entry ticket and dreaming, to fumbling it away, then fumbling away your consolation prize Europa League entry ticket, to ending up in something called the Europa Conference. All in the course of 6 weeks.

That said, if their manager gets thrown in prison tomorrow night, we're screwed.

:avbshock:

You lot have got some fucking stomach going to watch this.
It's called supporting a football club. We existed 4 years before Woolwich were founded and we're still here now. It's not the first time we've lost to Woolwich and it won't be the last. We've beaten Woolwich before and we'll beat them again. In the meantime, we pick ourselves up and focus on the next match.

I've seen some diabolical lineup suggestions for this game from spurs journos. We need to go strong wrap the game up early and then make subs, not go with youth struggle to break them down then bring in experience..... especially after what Real Madrid did last night (Modric Kroos on the bench till late) also Nuno would be stupid to go with youth at this exact moment he needs to generate some mini momentum.

A nice 3-0 win will bump up confidence for the Villa game but that will only happen if we put out a proper lineup and not a something that's more there to offer younger players a run around.

for most teams in this "league" playing us is a big thing and they want the cup upset
we will have to play all the games with a strong squad, yes rest a few players ( let them stay home for the night eg rest Kane one match next match rest Son etc)

for most teams in this "league" playing us is a big thing and they want the cup upset
we will have to play all the games with a strong squad, yes rest a few players ( let them stay home for the night eg rest Kane one match next match rest Son etc)
I also think in home games, we can afford to have some of our best players available on the bench at least. But think that the rested rotation that you are referring to will be needed for the away games especially.

Well off course it is.

They never know if we show up.

And if we do, we just need the slightest of pushes to fold.

It's pathetic.

Their ground capacity is less than 4000 making it about the same as Dover!!

Back
Top Bottom