EFL Cup - Wolves vs Tottenham - Wed, Sep 22 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only if he can actually deliver a cross that doesn't miss everybody and go for a throw in. I watched wolves last weekend and his delivery was horrendous. As usual.
I only watched the last few minutes but Traore sent in 2 superb crosses at least one of which should have resulted in a goal.
All he lacks is consistency and with better players around him I am sure he can improve his success rate.

I only watched the last few minutes but Traore sent in 2 superb crosses at least one of which should have resulted in a goal.
All he lacks is consistency and with better players around him I am sure he can improve his success rate.
Yes I agree there were a couple of good ones, but over the 90 mins he was awful and I think they were more luck and law of averages than skill. Head down, big boot, throw in or goal kick.

If he hasn’t learnt how deliver an accurate cross by now I don’t think he ever will.

He’ll probably be brilliant tonight though.

Mourinho shite seems like a more apt summary of him...

At least Jose made it a couple of months into the season before the wheels fell off, rather than weeks.
To be fair to Nuno, he's not had time to train with the full/main squad much. New players to bed in, players that don't know one another, etc etc..... then the other international break, quarantine and injuries galore.

True. But I didn’t want to be “mean”. Jose was charismatic and a funny bastard. Nuno has a beard
Nuno is like that homeless guy that's always outside the local Tesco Metro, he's nice and polite so you humour him and make small talk when pressed, and even hand over the odd fistful of change occasionally, but really you'd prefer him to leave you alone and ideally disappear altogether, and if you see him as you approach you'll probably carry on driving and do without whatever you were after in the first place...

To be fair to Nuno, he's not had time to train with the full/main squad much. New players to bed in, players that don't know one another, etc etc..... then the other international break, quarantine and injuries galore.
Funnily enough we did better on the pitch earlier on, when he'd had less time to instil his "methods"...

Only if he can actually deliver a cross that doesn't miss everybody and go for a throw in. I watched wolves last weekend and his delivery was horrendous. As usual.
Yes work certainly needs to be done but he’s definitely another option that we could do with as in reality we never looked like scoring on Sunday especially in the second half
Couple of chances wasted in the first

I accept Traore is a marmite type of player but he terrorises defences and with a bit of decent coaching could be special

Right now I just want us to play well and/or win games.....

A pallete cleanser can't come quick enough after the weekend..... Let's build upon what was good in that game; build up some steam and then smash the scum on Sunday.

COYS!!!!! :tobyarm:
why do you want to wash your paint holder? (only one l/2 t's BTW)

Don't mention it.

Yes work certainly needs to be done but he’s definitely another option that we could do with as in reality we never looked like scoring on Sunday especially in the second half
Couple of chances wasted in the first

I accept Traore is a marmite type of player but he terrorises defences and with a bit of decent coaching could be special
Yeah his crossing thus far in his career has been shite, but just think what Nuno could do if he got his beardie hands on him...

Oh...

:nunofacepalm:

I’m beginning to wonder if Nuno is Mourinho lite or if Mourinho is Nuno lite.
Given that he's having to serve up using Mourinho's ingredients, its not surprising that the same dish gets put in front of us

I suspect that as the new guys bed in and he establishes some control over the players, then more of the Wolves at their best will emerge (ie the Neves Moutinho kind of midfield performances)

I really think the guy is being harshly judged, and should be given time to get the best out of the squad. The first half against the chavs was pretty decent stuff, given that at least 3 of the team were having pretty awful performances

Nuno is like that homeless guy that's always outside the local Tesco Metro, he's nice and polite so you humour him and make small talk when pressed, and even hand over the odd fistful of change occasionally, but really you'd prefer him to leave you alone and ideally disappear altogether, and if you see him as you approach you'll probably carry on driving and do without whatever you were after in the first place...
Outside my local Tesco there’s always Energy Salesmen blocking your way in being a nuisance
Yesterday it was OVO

Give me the homeless any day and I usually buy them a sandwich or something

Back
Top Bottom