England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

England will get knocked the fuck out the first top 10 ranked team they face guaranteed.

Hopefully Southgate to united rumour are accurate

I keep thinking back to the last tournament that didn’t include a spurs player in the squad. That too had a lot of quality and was expected to do well but was managed by a man out of his depth. The result, we didn’t get out the group stage. I’m expecting a similar poor tournament

He will naturally hold width due to being left footed. It’s not ideal but it’s a lot better than Trippier playing in a role which negates everything he is good at and makes no tactical sense.

Frankly if we’re going to do the inverted thing I’d be playing Gomez there instead, he is at least quick and strong so you have some extra defensive stability but lose something going forward.

Trippier there is pointless. I don’t know why Southgate is doing it. I’d have left him at home and picked an actual left back.
I would prefer a lb but not convinced about the potions. We really need an attacking RB overlapping which is why im okish with holding out for shaw.

Greece are beating Germany.

I bet there’s a bunch of Germans online right now talking about Nagelsmann being crap and how they won’t get out the groups.

Both us and them will be fine.

I would prefer a lb but not convinced about the potions. We really need an attacking RB overlapping which is why im okish with holding out for shaw.

The options are what they are. Not bringing a single fit left sided fullback is not an option at all. Or it shouldn’t have been anyway.

You need that option tactically. Mitchell isn’t a bad player, he’s much more useful than Trippier in that role. Southgate is trying to force that so badly.

Well that was pants. I hate when we play against sides that just put all men behind the ball and leave no space in behind. But that's what will always happen when you allow poor teams to get their noses in front, they just become even more defensive.

How did Kane miss his chance? It was harder to miss than score. His all round game has been good as always but that was a shocker by anyone's standards. Also already sick of seen Trippier's face at left-back and we haven't even started the tournament.

The options are what they are. Not bringing a single fit left sided fullback is not an option at all. Or it shouldn’t have been anyway.

You need that option tactically. Mitchell isn’t a bad player, he’s much more useful than Trippier in that role. Southgate is trying to force that so badly.
Plan A is shaw is fit.
Plan b is trippier.

Too late now but i would have plan C with 3 at the back and Gordon WB.

I keep thinking back to the last tournament that didn’t include a spurs player in the squad. That too had a lot of quality and was expected to do well but was managed by a man out of his depth. The result, we didn’t get out the group stage. I’m expecting a similar poor tournament
Southgate is a terrible terrible manager, not much better than Tim Sherwood, add to the fact that alot of English players are overrated .
The current crop to be fair is just about good enough to reach a semi final, its a mistake to not take maddison as grealish as attacking technical players will win int tournaments but Southgate is woefully negative tactically inadequate .

If he does reach the semi's he's done really well z but will take another dose of luck like the last two tournaments with favourable draws

Plan A is shaw is fit.
Plan b is trippier.

Too late now but i would have plan C with 3 at the back and Gordon WB.

Plan B should have been Mitchell. Trippier at left back is not a plan, it’s a disaster. It doesn’t work. He doesn’t do the basics of being a left back.

Again, if you want an inverted left back you play Gomez and he essentially forms a back three which is what he does for Liverpool.

Southgate is a terrible terrible manager, not much better than Tim Sherwood, add to the fact that alot of English players are overrated .
The current crop to be fair is just about good enough to reach a semi final, its a mistake to not take maddison as grealish as attacking technical players will win int tournaments but Southgate is woefully negative tactically inadequate .

If he does reach the semi's he's done really well z but will take another dose of luck like the last two tournaments with favourable draws

We’ll go out as soon as we meet a decent team.

I’m encouraging everyone to watch this as it illustrates why perfectly.

View: https://youtu.be/urT3WqJUYBg

Plan B should have been Mitchell. Trippier at left back is not a plan, it’s a disaster. It doesn’t work. He doesn’t do the basics of being a left back.

Again, if you want an inverted left back you play Gomez and he essentially forms a back three which is what he does for Liverpool.
Thats what Walker does on the other side. ....stones push up to CM?

* Not arguing, im not happy with the lb situation either

Back
Top Bottom