England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Woolwich reserve keeper is so poor, will also struggle to win the tournament with that defence which it will be with the rumour that the perennial crock Shaw wont be fit for the first game

He's quite defensive right? Would he have offered much on the overlap?

He will naturally hold width due to being left footed. It’s not ideal but it’s a lot better than Trippier playing in a role which negates everything he is good at and makes no tactical sense.

Frankly if we’re going to do the inverted thing I’d be playing Gomez there instead, he is at least quick and strong so you have some extra defensive stability but lose something going forward.

Trippier there is pointless. I don’t know why Southgate is doing it. I’d have left him at home and picked an actual left back.

Back
Top Bottom