England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Basic issue with that is they can’t compete with the actual Goldbridge. He will often say something that is true but be really outlandish or humours for drama, Shearer or Richards don’t have comic timing and it just ends up looking amateurish . Lineker is the BBC front for Match of the Day a positon ideally where you are supposed to be neutral.

They should stick to being bland BBC front men because their attempts at being the lads is a really poor man’s Gooner Claude or Mark Goldbridge. Gooner Claude had 10X the personality of the BBC football pundits, they need to stick with what they are good at.

Terrible puns and shit jokes about each others playing careers?

While the first two games were dog shit, I don't know why people are acting like England couldn't simply just start to perform and play better. Sometimes you raise your game against the better opposition, we've seen this in football time after time. Sometimes all it takes is a good performance or even just a good goal to get a team going.

If we get a win and a decent performance tonight and then win the next game in the last 16 I'll be more than fine that we weren't at the races at the beginning of the tournament.

While the first two games were dog shit, I don't know why people are acting like England couldn't simply just start to perform and play better. Sometimes you raise your game against the better opposition, we've seen this in football time after time. Sometimes all it takes is a good performance or even just a good goal to get a team going.

If we get a win and a decent performance tonight and then win the next game in the last 16 I'll be more than fine that we weren't at the races at the beginning of the tournament.
A bit like how West Ham and Chelsea always save their best performances for us.

You know the answer to this already

Because it's not just two games - it's years of tournament football performances being underwhelming and there are fundamental issues (e.g. no left back) that there is no solution to.

You could have said this about absolutely any tournament from the last 50 years 😂

Senegal was a very good performance.

Iran though?
Come on! Lol!!!

Of course we should be beating Iran, and we did. But they were supposed to be a challenge relishing the underdog role and we blew them away. Doesn't matter though. England could beat Germany, Spain and Portugal in this tournament and for some people it will always be because the other teams weren't as strong as before, or didn't turn up, blah blah.

Of course we should be beating Iran, and we did. But they were supposed to be a challenge relishing the underdog role and we blew them away. Doesn't matter though. England could beat Germany, Spain and Portugal in this tournament and for some people it will always be because the other teams weren't as strong as before, or didn't turn up, blah blah.
Germany, Spain and Portugal are all top teams this tournament. Beating any one of them would be a huge result.

Fortunately you know that the first time you’re likely to face any of them is the final.

If you do somehow conspire to not beat Slovenia then you are totally fucked in that side of the draw.

Germany, Spain and Portugal are all top teams this tournament. Beating any one of them would be a huge result.

Fortunately you know that the first time you’re likely to face any of them is the final.

If you do somehow conspire to not beat Slovenia then you are totally fucked in that side of the draw.

Not really. Unlike you I don't brick myself at the thought of facing a good team. Of course, in a last 16 game you would prefer to face one of the lesser sides but in tournament football anything can happen in the knockout stage. I'd actually be more comfortable England being the underdogs somewhat rather than big favourites in a game. I'm not going to cry myself to sleep at the thought of possibly facing Germany when we've shown in the last 6 years or so to be at the very least on a par with them.

England could beat Germany, Spain and Portugal in this tournament and for some people it will always be because the other teams weren't as strong as before.
If that happened, there could be absolutely no way that anyone would ever say that.

Fact is, the only team we've beaten under Gareth in tournament football (not qualifying) that was a traditional powerhouse is Germany.

Back
Top Bottom