England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, Bellingham has been sloppy this tournament and is clearly flagging physically. But he's as likely to win the game for England against the Swiss as any other player on the pitch with a moment of brilliance. 2 goals in 4 games from a player who's clearly knackered and part of a team that's yet to get beyond third gear is hardly criminal.
He’s shit

Walker, Trippier, Foden, Saka and Kane all deserve to be 'rested' (dropped) and Guehi is suspended I think? if Guehi is suspended then I'd start Walker CB with Stones because I don't like the other options.

------------------Pickford-------------------
Trent-------Walker----Stones----Gomez
---------------Rice------Mainoo------------
----Palmer-----Bellingham-----Eze------
--------------------Toney--------------------

66702039beafb.webp

Walker, Trippier, Foden, Saka and Kane all deserve to be 'rested' (dropped) and Guehi is suspended I think? if Guehi is suspended then I'd start Walker CB with Stones because I don't like the other options.

------------------Pickford-------------------
Trent-------Walker----Stones----Gomez
---------------Rice------Mainoo------------
----Palmer-----Bellingham-----Eze------
--------------------Toney--------------------
That won't happen. Plus kane is still the best no9 in the world. This seems like some hipster footie controversial take to seem edgy.

We are properly shit though. Not sure why its reached this extent of stinkyness. We were definitely a competent side at the WC. The continued starting of Foden at LW is looking like pure stubbornness (he dropped a 2/10 performance and nearly lasted 90 mins?!) and Saka moving to LB 2 days after doing an interview where he said that was a bad idea is properly fucking hilarious.

Southgate's always been a bit of a boring, conservative bloke but outside of the nations league debacle we've generally looked competent under him. That's gone in this tournament, we have no balance AND we're boring. If we don't somehow discover the solution to about twelve separate problems the Swiss are going to dunk* all over us.

*He's going to play isn't he. And he's going to be fucking shit. For fuck sake.

We are properly shit though. Not sure why its reached this extent of stinkyness. We were definitely a competent side at the WC. The continued starting of Foden at LW is looking like pure stubbornness (he dropped a 2/10 performance and nearly lasted 90 mins?!) and Saka moving to LB 2 days after doing an interview where he said that was a bad idea is properly fucking hilarious.

Southgate's always been a bit of a boring, conservative bloke but outside of the nations league debacle we've generally looked competent under him. That's gone in this tournament, we have no balance AND we're boring. If we don't somehow discover the solution to about twelve separate problems the Swiss are going to dunk* all over us.

*He's going to play isn't he. And he's going to be fucking shit. For fuck sake.

That's not true though... Apart from against minnows we've routinely struggle to score from open play. The amount of non-Kane goals in open play have been minimal through a lot of qualifiers and Nations League.

The signs have been their just below the surface for years. This tournament is just his crap-ness coming home to roost.

The NL fiasco was the time to sack him and this is the result of not doing so.

That's not true though... Apart from against minnows we've routinely struggle to score from open play. The amount of non-Kane goals in open play have been minimal through a lot of qualifiers and Nations League.

The signs have been their just below the surface for years. This tournament is just his crap-ness coming home to roost.

The NL fiasco was the time to sack him and this is the result of not doing so.

The last Euros we were questionable and boring in the groups but it was still two wins, including over Croatia. And we generally(aside from vs Scotland) had some semblance of balance. It was functional. We then were really good throughout the knockouts, no way this current team achieves that win over Germany or beats anyone 4-0.

World Cup was pretty good. Senegal are better than Slovakia and we walked through them. Took the initiative vs France but went out to a side a shade more talented. Of course arguable he failed in key moments but you couldn’t argue we weren’t functional or competent.

Qualifiers we started off very strong and tailed off a bit. But still, home and away wins vs Italy, big win over Ukraine etc. We weren’t World beaters but it was nice enough. Obviously the NL shit was a fiasco but this is by far the worst we’ve been in a tournament.

It’s worse than 2018 where the squad was a shit load poorer. The vibes and togetherness are gone. Team isn’t good at either end of the field.

I know you’ve never really rated him & that’s completely fair, but this is definitely not the same as the last 3 tournaments. The whole team feels like it’s constantly on the verge of shitting itself with no understanding of how to do .. anything.

Back
Top Bottom