England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Konsa at LB lol this man is doing a sabotage job 😂
It’s disgusting but I can’t believe anyone is more one footed than Trippier so it will be a small improvement

Starting to really hate this side in the same way I hoped they lose when scum like Terry, Campbell, Cole and Lampard played for Eng. How wankers like Dec and ‘B’ are automatic first choices is beyond me. Horrible side to watch

I'm sure many on here remember the shit Graham Taylor got as England manager when he dropped Gary Lineker and had an obsession with playing a then underperforming Des Walker, IMO Southgate has made far worse decisions yet doesn't get half the crap from the media Taylor did.

I'm sure many on here remember the shit Graham Taylor got as England manager when he dropped Gary Lineker and had an obsession with playing a then underperforming Des Walker, IMO Southgate has made far worse decisions yet doesn't get half the crap from the media Taylor did.
Southgate has definitely had an easier ride than most other England football managers.

But then again, his record is much much better than so many other England managers.

He's been very fortunate with draws and that the qualifying has opened up, so he's never really been in jeopardy that much as we've been shoe ins to qualify.

But there's only so much stick you can give a manager who's managed to qualify for every major tournament, who's always got the team out of the group stage, and who's 'worst performance' was getting England to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup.

I say all that - and I'm not even a Southgate fan 😃

Southgate has definitely had an easier ride than most other England football managers.

But then again, his record is much much better than so many other England managers.

He's been very fortunate with draws and that the qualifying has opened up, so he's never really been in jeopardy that much as we've been shoe ins to qualify.

But there's only so much stick you can give a manager who's managed to qualify for every major tournament, who's always got the team out of the group stage, and who's 'worst performance' was getting England to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup.

I say all that - and I'm not even a Southgate fan 😃
also, the array of attacking options is far higher than say Hodgson choosing between Sturridge and Welbeck. He has loads of different options and styles, blessed

Graham Taylor made some real strange decisions. Geoff Thomas and Carlton Palmer spring to mind, especially when we had Gazza Platt and ince in the same position. Also remember him playing Pallister at RB for a big game

Last edited:
I bet Southgate picks the same eleven as last time except he brings in Mainoo for Gallagher.
As Ange said the other day when asked something about tactics; ‘ football is changing all the time ‘. Well Southgate hasn’t He can’t.
Every team in the Euros knows how to defend and set up a low block and hit on the break. Our ridiculously slow turgid build up style is custom made for other teams playing this style.
I fear more England pain and embarrassment incoming
What a predictable cunt!

Southgate really rubs me up the wrong way now. He’s just irritating in every imaginable way.

My most recently acquired Gary-annoyance.......

Those short-sleeved, zip-knecked jersey things he started wearing.

punch-beating.gif

Back
Top Bottom