England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is going to replace Guehi in the quarters?
Delving into the mind of Gareth....I'd say he'll think we've been poor at set pieces, so bring in Dunk as he's a big unit who can muscle his way in to the box, give it some bosh.
:angryscouser:

Only problem of course is abject lack of pace and general averageness. Cool cool

Any sense he'll put Walker or Konsa or Gomez in and put Trent at right back

Last edited:
I can't get my head around how he's watching us build up from the back and he's using those full backs, an absolute tactical black hole, no wonder England can't build around the sides, Walker doesn't have the technique or patience to play out from the back and Trippier just kills every attack because he's so one footed - ball ends up going to the middle and them back to the keeper who then hoofs it and we give the ball away.

If England do, you can bet your arse Switzerland will suddenly be shit, or always over-rated, to a few on here...
Switzerland have played better than England so far. Beating them would be a good achievement and if you do then I will be consistent with that.

Does show how far you’ve fallen from being tournament favourites to “beating Switzerland would be a good achievement”.

If England do, you can bet your arse Switzerland will suddenly be shit, or always over-rated, to a few on here...

Let us (i.e You) not go down the apologist/"the critics are all just haters"/"woe is England" path all over again.

People's criticisms have all being vindicated.

If we beat Switzerland without a fundamental rethink and major changes then it will just be another case of blind luck.

Switzerland have played better than England so far. Beating them would be a good achievement and if you do then I will be consistent with that.

Does show how far you’ve fallen from being tournament favourites to “beating Switzerland would be a good achievement”.

You're the one that has said that, not me. I think we will beat Switzerland because we have better individual players, have a good record against them, and beat them a couple of years ago when they played largely the same team that will start on Saturday. Obviously if we keep on playing like shit and doing the same things over and over then eventually a good side will put us out, that could be Switzerland.

It will likely be a close game but I think our much superior subs will be the difference in the end.

He should be sacked this morning

The FA must have a contingency back up
e4ec64edcfb0c9bcce2e01dc796627d77d9cee32.gif

Switzerland are probably one of the worst teams for England to play - a very well drilled back 5 and dangerous on the counter

Fuck me your sneering is so boring. France have scored one open play goal all tournament and the other team scored it for you. You finished behind Austria. And you were most neutrals tournament favourites.

Can you at least wait to see if you don’t look shit (again) vs a Belgian side who lost to Slovakia before coming in the England thread to crow about how bad we’ve been? We know. We have eyes.

Fuck me your sneering is so boring. France have scored one open play goal all tournament and the other team scored it for you. You finished behind Austria. And you were most neutrals tournament favourites.

Can you at least wait to see if you don’t look shit (again) vs a Belgian side who lost to Slovakia before coming in the England thread to crow about how bad we’ve been? We know. We have eyes.
You know it’s possible for both France and England to have been poor.

Can we not comment on how shit Chelsea are because Tottenham have played badly? Come on.

Back
Top Bottom