England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As poor as England have been, the games between us and either Belgium or Netherlands if we meet in the next round would be genuine 50/50's. Just depends on who's big players actually decide to turn up more on the night. None are particularly impressive as teams.
Agree

Eng have a punchers chance in spite of the toucan nosed dullard

maybe kane's become a bit of a problem, it gets masked by his goals.
Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

I am taking for granted that Southgate will actually start Palmer, Mainoo and Gordon in the next game. Or at least the first two. If he plays anything like the same starting 11 as last night it will be curtains.
Still think his low block, dour tactics are an issue but I agree that 2/3 of those will give him a chance

It’s absolutely in despite of him

At this point no-one should even care about Trent's defensive frailties, he is a 100% net positive over Walker in that position.

Considering we're entering stages where we'll be expected to defend more I'm not sure that's true.

.......A bum cross (that is only enabled by KWs speed in the first place) isn't enough to change my mind.

Southgate claiming to be confused by the fan criticism reminds me of Ange not reading the room with the NLD.

We just assume that we want as fans is obvious and shared by the players/coaches but I guess they really do live in their own bubble.

Southgate claiming to be confused by the fan criticism reminds me of Ange not reading the room with the NLD.

We just assume that we want as fans is obvious and shared by the players/coaches but I guess they really do live in their own bubble.

Ange was in a catch 22.....

Gary is just an arrogant git.

I am taking for granted that Southgate will actually start Palmer, Mainoo and Gordon in the next game. Or at least the first two. If he plays anything like the same starting 11 as last night it will be curtains.
Mainoo definitely

Palmer and Gordon? Who's going to make way for them - it would have to be one of Southgate's favourites.

Although Palmer or Gordon might replace Foden if he doesn't get back from the birth of his child in time.

He's not really like Southgate at all

I don't understand why people think Carsley is anything like Southgate, his U21 team that won the Euro's was great to watch, very unlike England setup actually...played with a false 9 and stuck little Angel Gomes in as a 6, the positional play was brilliant...Southgate would never do that.

Didn't concede a goal all tournament either, it wasn't through some low block nonsense, it was basically defending with the ball, something that Southgate should be doing now with the current England team.

Ange is arrogant too and handled the NLD fiasco terribly.

Meh... Expecting a manager to want to lose with no tangible benefit to his team is asking the unreasonable of them as a pro.

That was only ever a fan quandary (and it split the fanbase as it was!).

......And doesn't calling it a "fiasco" imply something bad happened?

As it played out we got the result that SOME (not all!) fans wanted and a performance that the club's (and some fans!) sense of pride needed.

Spurs fans should be keen to put it behind them and hope that it's another 20+ years before they ever have to face such a quandry again; not keeping it alive as something to grill the gaffa over for years to come.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom