England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone explain to me what "balance" Mainoo is allegedly gonna provide if he's included alongside Rice?

Feels like the term "balance" is just being thrown around as a catch-all cliche atm (by punters and pundits alike).

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what "balance" Mainoo is allegedly gonna provide if he's included alongside Rice?

Feels like the term "balance" is just being thrown around as a catch-all cliche atm (by punter and pundits).

Don't think he will make a difference to balance, but he's certainly a more positive and exciting player than Gallagher. Him and Palmer coming in would definitely make us a bit more exciting and less predictable, even if not necessarily much better.

Feels like the term "balance" is just being thrown around as a catch-all cliche atm (by punter and pundits).

I assume someone who is better on the ball in tight spaces and thus helps us to control things slightly better but yes I agree both Rice and Mainoo are more 8 than 6 and we have really only one 6 we won’t play.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5o1KNOy4y0&ab_channel=FourFourTwo

Another good video

Takeaways from this, Rice playing 6 is a massive problem, no idea why Southgate insists of using him to build up, especially playing 4-3-3 and using him as the only player to pass from deep, Wharton fixes that and you can tell Rice to play higher.

Gordon has to play as he's willing to run in behind (obviously) Jude/Foden cutting in are making it way too easy for defenders.

Defence is the best in the tournament which makes sense considering we've just generally sat in a shape with barely any adventure going forward.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5o1KNOy4y0&ab_channel=FourFourTwo

Another good video

Takeaways from this, Rice playing 6 is a massive problem, no idea why Southgate insists of using him to build up, especially playing 4-3-3 and using him as the only player to pass from deep, Wharton fixes that and you can tell Rice to play higher.

Gordon has to play as he's willing to run in behind (obviously) Jude/Foden cutting in are making it way too easy for defenders.

Defence is the best in the tournament which makes sense considering we've just generally sat in a shape with barely any adventure going forward.

The eye test
The stats
The young YT nerds
The gobby middle-agers like myself

We all see the same thing............. But Shitegate just wallows in denial; playing the victim and dragging the players down with him.

Have to admit, not seen a great deal of Wharton - and now, based only on highlights….potential Rodri in the making. He is class. Lots of hope for World Cup 2026
does look a good player, i aint seen much of him but you can just tell with some players straight away. defo a player we should be looking to get in a years time. mind you if he has a good year for palace his price is going to rocket.

I think Foden flying home (I know Germany is hardly the other side of the world) actually gives Southgate the perfect chance to bring in someone else and try something different, seeing as he is clearly scared shitless of dropping the bigger names.

I think Foden flying home (I know Germany is hardly the other side of the world) actually gives Southgate the perfect chance to bring in someone else and try something different, seeing as he is clearly scared shitless of dropping the bigger names.

The gormless cunt is frightened of change full stop.

If Foden can make it back by halftime , Wankgate will probably start with ten men.

Correction, in Wankgatespeak that would be ten persons.

Goals last season by players in the England Squad:
Kane 36
Bellingham 23
Plamer 22
Foden 19
Watkins 19
Bowen 16
Saka 16
Eze 11
Gordon 11
Rice 7

Embarrassing.
Pickford
Gordon
kane
Bellingham
Saka
Rice
Foden
Bowen
Palmer
Eze
Watkins
lineup code
[lineup]
Pickford 
Gordon kane Bellingham Saka
Rice Foden
Bowen Palmer Eze 
Watkins
[/lineup]

Make it happen

Pickford
Gordon
kane
Bellingham
Saka
Rice
Foden
Bowen
Palmer
Eze
Watkins
lineup code
[lineup]
Pickford
Gordon kane Bellingham Saka
Rice Foden
Bowen Palmer Eze
Watkins
[/lineup]

Make it happen
This hurts my eyes take it away....

eyes staring GIF

Southgate with the passive aggressive boo me not the players nonsense. We are mate, don’t worry about that, we know the players aren’t to blame. It’s such bullshit. It is his football that’s causing the problems.
Why don’t journalists pull him on this? I’m sure they would say exactly that in other countries. Stupid cunt

Back
Top Bottom