England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am, it's a darn sight better than Trent or Gallagher in therr trying to build up and Mainoo is just a better technical player than the other two, the ball won't go back as much that's for sure.
Yep, it helps but won’t make material change. They need a player like Gordon to add more direct pace too imo, and force opponents back quickly. Trippier can’t play either. I’ve always hated right footers at LB but he’s so right footed it’s laughable - cripples the side completely. If the little fuck has to play, put Trent on the right and get him forward with Trippier tucking in. Walker is basic going forwards so currently neither FB offers any attacking threat

71701-eab3675c-8d9f-4d5b-bdee-95f7417974d6.jpeg

Not convinced it solves anything.

Well it keeps Rice as the 6 - so no it doesn't really.

Trent has created more chances than any other England player this tournament. So offensively, Mainoo doesn't really solve anything other than the fact he doesn't mind getting forward, Trent didn't seem to want to. (but if this was the case, just play Bellingham deeper?)

Especially if Bellingham, Foden and Saka are still going to be the three behind Kane (I imagine Foden will be back).

Now, get Gordon in there and it actually will make a difference. Their full back is 37 years old ffs.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like how direct and straightforward he is without being arrogant. Good lad.

Lot of spurs fans didn’t want him when we were linked. Thought he was far too expensive. Just going to message them now to delete their accounts.

:bentancurpoint:

It was a big price on the mere basis of "maybe Conte can turn him into a wing-back".

Boy done good since moving though... Even after having a barney with Howe to begin with.

Not convinced it solves anything.

Won't solve anything directly but it's the right move. Mainoo is positive whenever he gets the ball and if it's one thing this England team needs more than anything right now, other than a new manager, it's positive players that aren't afraid to try things. That's why him and Palmer should be starting. They're both fearless whereas many of our other players look terrified right now of making mistakes.

Won't solve anything directly but it's the right move. Mainoo is positive whenever he gets the ball and if it's one thing this England team needs more than anything right now, other than a new manager, it's positive players that aren't afraid to try things. That's why him and Palmer should be starting. They're both fearless whereas many of our other players look terrified right now of making mistakes.

Primarily England's problems are tactical/shape.

+ Personel

If one deems playing a RB at LB, a #8 as a #6 and a CAM at LW to be 'personnel' issues then yeh; I guess so......

Re: Mainoo: The "right move" is to ditch the 4231, play Wharton and get Rice the fuck out of the DM spot; not fudge another #8 into the line-up.

Back
Top Bottom