England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southgate with the passive aggressive boo me not the players nonsense. We are mate, don’t worry about that, we know the players aren’t to blame. It’s such bullshit. It is his football that’s causing the problems.
He must know that it's him the fans are booing not the players.

If he doesn't then the media should let him know.

He's 100 percent responsible for this shitshow so far and he needs a bit of pressure on him to change his stubborn "I've got my system and I'm sticking to it" attitude while we've still got time to turn it around.

You don't have to be a footballing genius to know that it's not working and large-scale changes are needed - you just have to have the ability to see.

He must know that it's him the fans are booing not the players.

If he doesn't then the media should let him know.

He's 100 percent responsible for this shitshow so far and he needs a bit of pressure on him to change his stubborn "I've got my system and I'm sticking to it" attitude while we've still got time to turn it around.

You don't have to be a footballing genius to know that it's not working and large-scale changes are needed - you just have to have the ability to see.

He does know it. But he can’t admit that he’s wrong. Worryingly I think the FA still back him.

Anyone else noticed how 'we' (Gary) is putting U21s in a position where they're required to 'save' our tournament....... First Jude (20) should never have been cast as the new 'main man'.... Now it's Mainoo (19) and Palmer (22) being burdened with being our saviour; to counteract Gary's incompetence with individual ability.

The fact is with the obvious quality we do have throughout our ranks.... Kane + a thriving system alone should have been enough to make us contenders.

Last edited:
Simply can not stand the guy. Reminds me of a Tory politician - completely incompetent, no backbone, and unwilling to admit to mistakes.

If we go out of this competition with a wimper, the blame will lie almost entirely on him. Players have to do it in spite of the manager ffs.

If he starts quietly singing "I'm shit and I know I am" in front of the press we're properly doomed.
There's plenty of time to feel sorry for him after the tournament.

At present were still in it and he still can make a difference and get us playing well.

If we win it, I imagine he'll come to the post match press conference to the theme of 'Rocky' and then sing a couple of verses of 'My Way' whilst giving everyone the bird.

The main problem we have now is that following the Denmark, Slovenia and even Serbia games, teams now have the perfect blueprint and gameplan to nullify us.

Would not be surprised if Slovakia goes to penalties.

Hopefully the next report will be that Southgate fell off a cliff.

Pray World Series GIF by MLB

Simply can not stand the guy. Reminds me of a Tory politician - completely incompetent, no backbone, and unwilling to admit to mistakes.

If we go out of this competition with a wimper, the blame will lie almost entirely on him. Players have to do it in spite of the manager ffs.
great shout. The players should tell him to fuck off and ban him from the changing room. Let Kane pick the team.
Dweeb

Your best players are still your best players. Your best team is not necessarily the one with all the best players on the pitch. Unfortunately England are in that place again. Much like Sven-Göran Eriksson failing to utilise Michael Carrick at the 2006 World Cup, or Roy Hodgson putting Wayne Rooney in his midfield at Euro 2016, Gareth Southgate has fallen into a familiar trap.

Shame his injury, fatigue, or some combination of them both has decided to show up at the most inopportune time.

I've just had a thought.

Should we win on Sunday, then the team will he away for the General Election. Now I know they will have difficulty finding the box, let alone ticking it but that's a few votes not being made.

I shouldn't worry; Louis Vuitton was never likely to be on the ballot paper anyway.

Back
Top Bottom