England V Denmark Semi Final Wembley Wednesday 7th July 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cringe alert

No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ah you see you'd miss me if I was gone.

I'd leave a skill gap that the Brexit brigade wouldn't be capable of filling.

You come across as a right arse. The country and London would get by just fine without you. I'll drop you off at the airport if you like? I'll even wave as you're lifting off.

There's good banter in football and you have to be able to take your licks.

However there's a weird political agenda amongst England fans this tournament. Look at the state of the Germany game, going on about wars and brexit and shit.

To be honest, as a foreigner who spent the past 13 years growing up London I've found the whole Nationalism and Xenophobia that comes with England during this tournament quite scary.
Isn't holding a national anthem sacrosanct nationalism, its just a song.

I see it as panto rather than anything else but don't have a strong opinion either way, I do like a lot of the other stuff around football supporting that other find distasteful,so I'm careful on what I get offended by

Yeah but who boos the other national anthem at an international match? It's not done, it's unsporting behavior.

Is there a reason this has started happening spontaneously?
Yeah never hear Scottish or Irish fans booing a certain national anthem 🤔 .Or in this tournament Hungary fans and some others I cba to look up. Or Turkey fans booing our anthem I seem to remember. And the lovely Danes booing the Welsh anthem.

But, yeah, it's not done.

Edit: just so we are clear, I am being sarcastic and I should add I don't even sing God Save The Queen. Couldn't care less if teams decide to boo it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom