ERADICATE TO ACCUMULATE:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol, awful. Anyone who can read can clearly understand that every last bit of this is utterly contrived, misunderstood, and manipulated bullshit. You are easily the worst debater I have ever seen in my life. The fact you've been removed from four boards previously tells it all. Please just stop trying.

Whats contrived about you wanting a Japanese midfilelder, and common knowledge of what I wanted?

Since when has saying things that have happened = contrived? Perhaps you are just embarrassed looking at things in black and white?

What part am I manipulating? The part where Sherwood did not say he wanted to sign Kono? The part where you wanted to sign a Japanese midfielder?

I agree CB is a major problem. IMO, it's far more of a problem than the LB problem.

Really? We have Daws, Jan, Kaboul, Vlad, Fryers etc. And Danny Rose.

And not only is CB a problem for you, it's FAR more a problem than Danny Rose at left back?

Yes there is a gulf between your opinion and mine. Millbanks was spot on.

Japanese midfielder, Danny Rose at left back, unproven midget Kono in front of him. Premiere league here we come!

Whats contrived about you wanting a Japanese midfilelder, and common knowledge of what I wanted?

Since when has saying things that have happened = contrived? Perhaps you are just embarrassed looking at things in black and white?

What part am I manipulating? The part where Sherwood did not say he wanted to sign Kono? The part where you wanted to sign a Japanese midfielder?

Embarrassed? I'm embarrassed? Bro, you have never once been successful in discrediting me with a single one of your brainless attacks. Each and every one of them has been far too easy to dispel.

The manipulation comes from you citing my desire of a player that was clearly not my first choice for the position, against your "common knowledge" of what you wanted including points I haven't even argued. Laughable I even have to explain this to you.

As for Sherwood, you're entirely incapable of reading beyond the surface as has been my point all along. When has a manager ever said, "oh yeah, I like him and we're gonna go get him." Ever. My point was was that we had "expressed interest," which was entirely confirmed by a quote two days later from the one you're still clinging to, suggesting the club had been discussing the player and that "I'm not sure if it will happen, but that's why we've people working on this." Are you seriously that devoid of brainpower to make the connection here?

Really? We have Daws, Jan, Kaboul, Vlad, Fryers etc. And Danny Rose.

And not only is CB a problem for you, it's FAR more a problem than Danny Rose at left back?

Yes there is a gulf between your opinion and mine. Millbanks was spot on.

Japanese midfielder, Danny Rose at left back, unproven midget Kono in front of him. Premiere league here we come!

Oh this is rich. You have still refused to identify and comprehend any understanding of modern football tactics or especially Pochettino's by your own refusal because of your close-minded ignorance, yet you want to tell me who we should or should not bring in? Someone who has clearly read up on the matter? It is just unbelievable someone could be of such an incredulously unsubstantiated stance. Your level of self-fulfilling ignorance is fucking stunning to behold. You quite clearly have not learned any lessons from your previous bannings, sin-bins, and a sizable percentage of this board ignoring you, yet you still want to come after me with the same nonsense?

Look me in the eye son. You have never succeeded in building any sort of a case against me in your attempt to discredit as you have never even proposed a valid point, and you have only continued flaunting your own cognitive ineptitude. For your own sake, stop this nonsense. Your route to online Spurs community redemption is not through me, so move the fuck on.

Let's be honest, as kids weakest were played at RB or LB. The game has moved on of course but fact is it's still the weakest position on the field. Glen Johnson? Exactly. Get the CB right and you're more than half way there. Admittedly this is prem football but the premiss is the same. I don't think our LB is a particular weakness. We have not been able to defend set pieces for years and I go back to 95-2003 when I had a ST. Solid formation throughout the team (discipline) plus flair. I'll have some of that.

Could not agree more with you, and especially in Poch's system with wingbacks and wide-set CB's. If we go into next season with one of Kaboul or Dawson in that RCB slot in such a system, that is intentionally asking for the opposition to swiftly counter down their left side. Would be too easy.

Could not agree more with you, and especially in Poch's system with wingbacks and wide-set CB's. If we go into next season with one of Kaboul or Dawson in that RCB slot in such a system, that is intentionally asking for the opposition to swiftly counter down their left side. Would be too easy.

I don't think you can compare Kaboul & Dawson in that respect: they both have frailties but I'd argue they are different e.g. Kaboul = injury-prone but still reasonably fast; Dawson = trouble turning quickly

I don't think you can compare Kaboul & Dawson in that respect: they both have frailties but I'd argue they are different e.g. Kaboul = injury-prone but still reasonably fast; Dawson = trouble turning quickly

They do have different original causes, you're right, but what does it matter if the end is the same? They're both poor at this stage at engaging and holding up a swift and countering throughball, as evidenced by that multiple times this season. The very nature of Bielsa tactics is such that they creates such circumstances that the best way to get through it is to counter while the Bielsa team is still in high press. The CB's are high and spread, and there's less numbers to defend because the wingbacks and wingers are in advanced periods of the pitch. Therefore, on a quickly transitioned throughball, you've caught all ten field players essentially out of position. Kaboul and Dawson, in their current states, should not be first choice as they will not physically be able to handle this kind of specific pressure targeting the weakest link of the formation due to its own nature.

No my good man, there is a reason why we've seen so much ITK from both us and Saints that we are actively pursuing Lovren, a player that will not come cheap.

They do have different original causes, you're right, but what does it matter if the end is the same? They're both poor at this stage at engaging and holding up a swift and countering throughball, as evidenced by that multiple times this season. The very nature of Bielsa tactics is such that they creates such circumstances that the best way to get through it is to counter while the Bielsa team is still in high press. The CB's are high and spread, and there's less numbers to defend because the wingbacks and wingers are in advanced periods of the pitch. Therefore, on a quickly transitioned throughball, you've caught all ten field players essentially out of position. Kaboul and Dawson, in their current states, should not be first choice as they will not physically be able to handle this kind of specific pressure targeting the weakest link of the formation due to its own nature.

No my good man, there is a reason why we've seen so much ITK from both us and Saints that we are actively pursuing Lovren, a player that will not come cheap.

I agree with your overall post gibbsy/cah (whichever account you're logged in on) but I still think Kaboul can cope easily within the system if he can stay fit.

As an aside, Kaboul would be my first choice for cover for Walker (controversial i know)

I agree with your overall post gibbsy/cah (whichever account you're logged in on) but I still think Kaboul can cope easily within the system if he can stay fit.

As an aside, Kaboul would be my first choice for cover for Walker (controversial i know)

Cope maybe, but the point is I don't think he'll start, while I wouldn't be surprised to see Poch try to make Rose work. I remind anyone, Poch reintegrated into his lineup an older English player that had been replaced by a foreign import, and that player is now being pursued by Liverpool for a massive fee. Therefore, who's to say Poch can't at least improve Rose into a decent player? What he can't fix however, is Dawson's aging legs and the menisci in Kaboul's knee.

I'd much prefer Younis Kaboul trying to follow in Ledder's footsteps by being an awesome CB, rather than turning into a physical wreck well before he's hit 30, but I'm concerned that he's just not reliable.

Been a funny season, so many CBs, so many problems with CBs!

Embarrassed? I'm embarrassed? Bro, you have never once been successful in discrediting me with a single one of your brainless attacks. Each and every one of them has been far too easy to dispel.

The manipulation comes from you citing my desire of a player that was clearly not my first choice for the position, against your "common knowledge" of what you wanted including points I haven't even argued. Laughable I even have to explain this to you.

As for Sherwood, you're entirely incapable of reading beyond the surface as has been my point all along. When has a manager ever said, "oh yeah, I like him and we're gonna go get him." Ever. My point was was that we had "expressed interest," which was entirely confirmed by a quote two days later from the one you're still clinging to, suggesting the club had been discussing the player and that "I'm not sure if it will happen, but that's why we've people working on this." Are you seriously that devoid of brainpower to make the connection here?

Oh this is rich. You have still refused to identify and comprehend any understanding of modern football tactics or especially Pochettino's by your own refusal because of your close-minded ignorance, yet you want to tell me who we should or should not bring in? Someone who has clearly read up on the matter? It is just unbelievable someone could be of such an incredulously unsubstantiated stance. Your level of self-fulfilling ignorance is fucking stunning to behold. You quite clearly have not learned any lessons from your previous bannings, sin-bins, and a sizable percentage of this board ignoring you, yet you still want to come after me with the same nonsense?

Look me in the eye son. You have never succeeded in building any sort of a case against me in your attempt to discredit as you have never even proposed a valid point, and you have only continued flaunting your own cognitive ineptitude. For your own sake, stop this nonsense. Your route to online Spurs community redemption is not through me, so move the fuck on.

Look at this wall of text. None of it explaining why you think CB is a FAR more important aspect to be addressed than left back. Seeing we had one senior left back at the club last season, when that ended Rose was probably mentioned the most often in the worst player thread.

Please TALK FOOTBALL: Stop hiding behind a wall of text about how my opinion is wrong, I'm a troll etc. Who is the lowest ranked out of the centerbacks? Fryers? Daws? Were they mentioned as often as Rose in the worst player of the season thread?

"Look me in the eye son?" haha. Cringe.

This season it was so bad at left back, 3 central defenders played there and a right back. Talk football: It's your football opinion that I am attacking, not you.

Therefore, who's to say Poch can't at least improve Rose into a decent player? What he can't fix however, is Dawson's aging legs and the menisci in Kaboul's knee.

You know what's funny? When Rose fell asleep and left his usual massive gap at the back, not only did Kaboul outstrip Rose for pace to get back, he also got sent off because of him. Roses dumbass passing putting Daws under pressure also got him booked which led to a goal.

Also since left back is not as big an issue for you as CB: Do you ever think these things through when say Jan, gets injured while playing left back? It's caused SO MUCH CHAOS this season. Rose stepping on the ball in no mans land vs the scum in the cup etc etc.

He's a liability...And he was our only recognized left back but nope! CB is FAR more important?

Look at this wall of text. None of it explaining why you think CB is a FAR more important aspect to be addressed than left back. Seeing we had one senior left back at the club last season, when that ended Rose was probably mentioned the most often in the worst player thread.

Please TALK FOOTBALL: Stop hiding behind a wall of text about how my opinion is wrong, I'm a troll etc. Who is the lowest ranked out of the centerbacks? Fryers? Daws? Were they mentioned as often as Rose in the worst player of the season thread?

"Look me in the eye son?" haha. Cringe.

This season it was so bad at left back, 3 central defenders played there and a right back. Talk football: It's your football opinion that I am attacking, not you.

You fucking serious? After how many times I have tried civilly engaging in dialogue pertaining to football with you, including yesterday on the No 10 matter, to which you have replied with blatant rudeness and refusal to even click on and read or watch the links I've gone out of my way to post for you during civil debate, much less engage in a discourse that implies you have any fair willingness to interact with and learn with the material? It is unthinkable you have the audacity to ask me for such, and even call me out for it Especially when you prefaced the entire conversation with this:

Thats true. In Jan we were crying out for another midfielder.

:goonermong:

No bro, your entire intent was to continue the rude and forcefully ignorant nonsense that has gotten you banned from four boards before, sin-binned here, and called out relentlessly for. Having a fair, thought-provoking, and engaging "football" discussion was never a part of your agenda. I am absolutely speechless that you would try such a maneuver. Good Christ almighty could any human being be any more clueless, hypocritical, contradicting, and rude. Unbelievable.

You fucking serious? After how many times I have tried civilly engaging in dialogue pertaining to football with you, including yesterday on the No 10 matter, to which you have replied with blatant rudeness and refusal to even click on and read or watch the links I've gone out of my way to post for you during civil debate, much less engage in a discourse that implies you have any fair willingness to interact with and learn with the material? It is unthinkable you have the audacity to ask me for such, and even call me out for it Especially when you prefaced the entire conversation with this:

No bro, your entire intent was to continue the rude and forcefully ignorant nonsense that has gotten you banned from four boards before, sin-binned here, and called out relentlessly for. Having a fair, thought-provoking, and engaging "football" discussion was never a part of your agenda. I am absolutely speechless that you would try such a maneuver. Good Christ almighty could any human being be any more clueless, hypocritical, contradicting, and rude. Unbelievable.

Still. All rage and no explanation why you think CB is FAR more important to sort out than left back.

You know what's funny? When Rose fell asleep and left his usual massive gap at the back, not only did Kaboul outstrip Rose for pace to get back, he also got sent off because of him. Roses dumbass passing putting Daws under pressure also got him booked which led to a goal.

Also since left back is not as big an issue for you as CB: Do you ever think these things through when say Jan, gets injured while playing left back? It's caused SO MUCH CHAOS this season. Rose stepping on the ball in no mans land vs the scum in the cup etc etc.

He's a liability...And he was our only recognized left back but nope! CB is FAR more important?

Still. All rage and no explanation why you think CB is FAR more important to sort out than left back.

Fuck off, I've given you plenty of chances to have decent discussion about football, each of which you've thrown back in my face with your forceful ignorance and rudeness. The sheer gravity of your contradicting nature in your request to ask for football discussion after all your rudeness is paralleled only by Hitler asking a Jew at a concentration camp for a bowl of matzoh-ball soup.

You fucking serious? After how many times I have tried civilly engaging in dialogue pertaining to football with you, including yesterday on the No 10 matter, to which you have replied with blatant rudeness

Here is a link to the "blatant rudeness" regarding the number 10.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/starting-line-up-in-tinos-system.10628/page-10

There was NOT a HINT of rudeness. Let alone blatant. What I said was a FACT: Prem teams have SPEED compared to the Swedes.

Like I said earlier, you are getting angry at the debate and at yourself for saying stupid shit like getting in a midfielder in Jan. And a Japanese one at that.

Last edited:
The sheer gravity of your contradicting nature in your request to ask for football discussion after all your rudeness is paralleled only by Hitler asking a Jew at a concentration camp for a bowl of matzoh-ball soup.
That is miles over the top. The CB v LB problem is a legitimate debate IMO.

Back
Top Bottom