Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, not to open a giant can of worms, what are your feelings on the Fed?
Complex and nuanced. Somewhat hostile and skeptical.
Yeah VS, you an Alex Hamilton or Aaron Burr?
Hamilton, but that's a different era entirely.

Basically, I spend a significant % of my work week listening to economics lectures and discussions. Have learned probably 10x what I picked up in college.

For fuck sake, not other conversation about the colour of boots. How boring do you have to be to give a shit about the colour of boots?
Thank god this has been revived with a conversation about econom.... oh

:pochbye:

If the world economy was a school ground game of football, the USA is the kid with the ball.

When they decide they want to stop playing the game, we all suffer :dawsonmean:

(and now we're back to football....)

:fingers:

If the world economy was a school ground game of football, the USA is the kid with the ball.

When they decide they want to stop playing the game, we all suffer :dawsonmean:

And there's a Chinese kid rapidly accelerating towards him smirking at the gnarly tackle from behind he's about to deliver.

Macs. Made in China designed in America. It's an irresistible combination.

These ones?
flowers0006-v7.tif-517559a1b3bc8.jpg

Zimbabwe's currency has stabilized, thanks to them pegging their currency at a fixed rate to the US dollar.

The USD is sound. Not sure what sort of propaganda you lot have been reading.
We would rather burn dollars than buy Russian gas. This is our level of commitment to the 'special relationship'.
Not many people over here read by the way.

And there's a Chinese kid rapidly accelerating towards him smirking at the gnarly tackle from behind he's about to deliver.
Meh, I'm not worried.

In one sense, it's wrongheaded to view Chinese and American prosperity as mutually exclusive. In another sense, I am deeply skeptical of China's ability to sustain their recent trend of growth over the next few decades.

In gross terms it's probable that they will very shortly overtake the US in terms of gross economic output, however poorly that statistic is compiled. But, in real terms their per capita rate of prosperity is still quite low.

There are some quite serious issues underlying the fundamentals of the Chinese economy, and in particular their chief policy tool for growth (stimulation of the construction sector) over the past decade or so seems to be going off the rails, if the past few months are any indication.

Back
Top Bottom