Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw almost none of the Shalke game. But I saw him a few times put players under a lot of pressure when he had easier options. How did he play on the whole?

I saw almost none of the Shalke game. But I saw him a few times put players under a lot of pressure when he had easier options. How did he play on the whole?
I really liked what I saw.

Yup, he was very direct in his passing, when he could have often layed it off, but I think that this is something that Pooch values, i.e. direct passing from the back line to jump-start attacks.

I was impressed by Dier today, we may well need him in the Prem let alone the Cups. To think some people wanted to loan him out, dearie me.:)
We should only loan him out if we keep Daws or Vlad. He won't get any playing time if he's behind Vertonghen, Vlad, Kaboul, (hopefully) Mustachio, and Daws.

I was impressed by Dier today, we may well need him in the Prem let alone the Cups. To think some people wanted to loan him out, dearie me.:)

You love a smug comment don't you Greaves. As Tdub said, if Dier is behind Kaboul, Vertonghen, Mussachio, Vlad, and Dawson, he might not get much playing time. Tbf he might well oust Dawson, what do you reckon about that? Also when I said that "it sounds like a loan might be good for him" it was based on the comments of a Sporting Lisbon fan who said Dier is good but still has lapses of concentration and needs to develop. His opinion clearly means nothing though since we have seen Dier play well in a preseason friendly. I'm sure you knew better all along anyway though.

He made a mistake, a bad pass I think it was, early in the second half, and it seemed to affect his game in the next few minutes, untill he hit a good tackle. Might be cause it was his first game, but to me it showed just a little bit of lack of maturity, that can cost us points in the PL. This is something that might be fixed during a good loan spell.

Other than that he did a very good job.

As I guess it is for many, the Schalke match was the first time I've seen Dier play and I was very impressed. Sure he made a couple of mistakes, but he did his up most to rectify them and made an awesome tackle towards the end of the first half, timed to perfection.

Hopefully he will get some opportunities to play this season as he certainly looks promising. Obviously playing alongside Kaboul helped, and that man probably the best game in a Spurs shirt for some time.

I am not someone who goes overboard the first time I see a player, and today won't be an exception. That said, Dier looked very good yesterday, and if he always plays like that, I can see him having a regular spot.

He made a mistake, a bad pass I think it was, early in the second half, and it seemed to affect his game in the next few minutes, untill he hit a good tackle. Might be cause it was his first game, but to me it showed just a little bit of lack of maturity, that can cost us points in the PL. This is something that might be fixed during a good loan spell.

Other than that he did a very good job.
I think it would be a massive mistake to send him out on loan. He's needed here right now, and will be throughout the season.

Back
Top Bottom