Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We all desperately want him to do well, however I can't deny the evidence of my eyes. Slow in thought and movement. Did you watch the Jenas' analysis from last weekends MOTD? Whatever you think of Jenas, he was spot on.

After tomorrow Dier will have had seven games on the bounce in a 30 day period, enough, in my view, to gain 'match fitness', so that can't be used as an excuse any more.

We all desperately want him to do well, however I can't deny the evidence of my eyes. Slow in thought and movement. Did you watch the Jenas' analysis from last weekends MOTD? Whatever you think of Jenas, he was spot on.

After tomorrow Dier will have had seven games on the bounce in a 30 day period, enough, in my view, to gain 'match fitness', so that can't be used as an excuse any more.

He's been improving though - with the last game being his best do far, so I'd expect him to continue to improve for a number of months yet.

If we can get a better DM in January ( remembering we need to move on overseas players in January if it's an overseas trained player as a DM we want) then I'd agree it's a position we want to fill.

If not we may need Mourhino to start to rotate Skipp in for some games - didn't look out of place starting a couple of PL games last season, had a good pre season and looked good coming off the bench v Bayern, so not the worst option even if not ideal

Well that's seven games on the bounce and he's been OK (at best) in some of them, and downright poor in others (including today)

He's match fit (7 games in 30 days gets you fit), so that excuse is out the window.

Whatever the question is, Dier and Sissoko as our defensive midfield pairing isn't the answer.

Why two DMs at home? We're expected to take the game to the opposition to secure the 3 points - or didn't we believe we could win today?

Well that's seven games on the bounce and he's been OK (at best) in some of them, and downright poor in others (including today)

He's match fit (7 games in 30 days gets you fit), so that excuse is out the window.

Whatever the question is, Dier and Sissoko as our defensive midfield pairing isn't the answer.

Why two DMs at home? We're expected to take the game to the opposition to secure the 3 points - or didn't we believe we could win today?
Sissoko is not a DM and Dier is meant to be a Dm but hes absolutely shit so really we had no dm's today.

At one point in the first half he was tripped and it took him about 10 seconds to get up, it's all very strange and embarrassing to see such a player in our midfield and extra painful when you see a player like Kanté playing for the opponent.

Good lad but he's a huge handicap to have in midfield. Makes moving the ball forward to our front in a quick manner almost impossible. Starting him against teams like Chelsea who've got a superb midfield is just suicidal. We didn't even bypass them once until Eriksen/Ndombele came on.

They had 3 shots on target today. Aurier and Gazza at fault for the 2 goals and cannot remember the other one. We lost because of Aurier, Gazza and Son and not Dier or Sissoko. However hopefully we will see different players in the next match in CM.

They had 3 shots on target today. Aurier and Gazza at fault for the 2 goals and cannot remember the other one. We lost because of Aurier, Gazza and Son and not Dier or Sissoko. However hopefully we will see different players in the next match in CM.
you are actually completely lost and probably need to find your missing brain cells.

By the time Son got a redcard the match was done and finished.

we have no midfield. we are resorting to longballs because our midfield is non existent. Dier keeps passing it back.

Back
Top Bottom