Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

88360921_3122730117745891_3454019352347541504_n.jpg

I think he had a really good game last night. One of a few players who really played with his heart on the shirt.
The trouble he went into after also shows passion and desire which is really what this teams need right now. He and Jan was like the outcasts that stood up when nobody else dared to do. Players like these are the ones who I want to follow into battle.

Most aggression any of our players have shown this season...

On a serious note, entirely understandable reaction given the context but he shouldn't have done it as a professional. I suspect he'll get a ban, which I hope isn't too long, not least as he was one of our better players Wed night.

The more urgent inquest should be why a premier league player can't kick a ball twelve yards...

Because despite a whole blatant majority of Spurs fans being decent blokes, another way to big minority are proper scumbags.
They might be scumbags but I defend their right to call a player shit
I wouldn't do it myself as I don't think it helps the team, but they pay their money they are entitled to yell abuse within reason.

Do we want football to turn into a sterile environment where a polite ripple of applause applause is the done thing? Like snooker or the theatre?

players are supposed to be professional and not engage with the fans

OK, I've just watched the videos again and that isn't the Tunnel Club seats. They are immediately behind the "dug out" area. I think this is off to the side of that. Possibly block 103?

I heard the FA have announced they are going to investigate the incident. I understand it's not ideal for a player to enter the stands, but if he hasn't threatened or harmed anyone has he actually broken any rules? Bringing the game into disrepute? I dunno. I suppose we'll all just wait for the outcome of the investigation. Just such a shame that it was after his MOM performance.

WHAT??!!

You can’t honestly be justifying his behaviour?

having said that, people who call out individual players all the time are dicks, it’s a total drag when you sit near one of them.

Last edited:
I'm convinced some of our players and manager are just playing to the camera's for the amazon documentary.

These guys are meant to be fucking professionals, I've been called all kinds of stuff from spectators on a Sunday afternoon down the park playing in front of 10 spectators and a sheepdog and I didn't engage.

What are fans not allowed to say that somebody Is shit now without the expectation that the player might jump into the stand??

Games going to shit, people on here actually defending him as well...
:mourfacepalm:
i completely forgot about this amazon piece of shit. There could be something in it... and if this is all about playing up to the cameras then im gonna be super pissed off. Our clubs being used as one big fuckin holyoaks drama series if its true... for all we know that geeza in the crowd could have been hired to play a part.

🤬

In the east lower it was equally embarrassing, watching ' supporters' amble back to their seats after the much needed food and drink at half time, some five minutes after the second half had kicked off.

Our very own little Wembley style area, where once the shelf stood.

well, they knew they weren’t going to miss anything didn’t they?

Most people are, from other professionals (ex and current), media and fans, not to mention the Manager too.
Let me remind you when Suarez bit another player. Liverpool defended him. Are we going to that level of shithousery? I am not supporting a club with hooligans.

Back
Top Bottom