Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm no Dier fan, not by a long stretch, but there's no denying we need him at the base of the defence right now. He has been a fairly steady presence since Conte came in and allows Romero to be on the right and be more aggressive.

Hope people don't turn on him when he has the odd mistake. He's been immense for us this season, like Lloris levels of immense.

Hope people don't turn on him when he has the odd mistake. He's been immense for us this season, like Lloris levels of immense.
Always had a soft spot for him but never imagined that he’d be the one holding our back line together. Night and day compared the the Dier that came back from a weird string of injuries that he couldn’t seem to shake.

If he keeps this up he’ll find his way into the England squad again. Based on the last few months alone he deserve to have Maguire’s spot.

I am sure that Dier reads this forum and when he read my defenses of him - which wasn't popular among a certain section on here - it must have given him that regained confidence he's playing with right now 😁

You're a strange cat. So who is your preferred back three then?

Romero- New CB- New CB

Honestly with Romero I don’t really care that much which of the other losers they play with them because none are good enough or really tgat different from the others.

I think Tanganga is clear the most talented but seems so low in confidence . Davies maybe gets in for being the only left footer. Rodon has done the least shit but hasn’t shown he is any good.

There really are no good options outside of Romero.

So you would be happier if we had spent $80mil on Maguire?

I don’t think Dier is world class, but he adds a sense of composure to our backline that we lack with Romero or Sanchez in the middle.

No because 80 million is ridiculous but for England their cost means nothing.

But taking away transfer fees Maguire is clearly a much better defender than Dier.

Back
Top Bottom