Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There isn't 1 sole solution for us, but.

- Dier back to marital the CBs
- Skipp back
- 3 CMS

Can collectively make a world of difference:

Hugo
Romero / Dier / Davies
Berg / PEH / B'cur / Skipp / Reg
Kane / Son​
No doubt we've missed Dier, mainly his organisation and I also think we've missed Romero (gives better balance than Sanchez dose on the right, better passer of the ball etc, so build up should be similar to that we've seen on the left because Davies has made runs in support of our attacks down this side.

But it's the system that gells this together.

Sanchez for all of his faults has been more than OK when we've played 3-5-2, he's been less adventurous than Davies but lets not forget he's really improved.

Davies to had been really useful with his under/over-lapping runs.

The underpinning factor has been because we've not been overrun in midfield, even in games that were close we've still been able to control large portions of the game, not be overrun. This is the foundation that dictates the game state.

The only real question mark position is for me is both the wingback positions. I think Emerson is better than Reggie (Emerson is a lightning rod for criticism right now, just look at the Southampton game, both our goals were scored as a consequence of him, yet you wouldn't believe it, he didn't have a good game but why didn't Reggie get called out, who has involved in ONE good attack all game, a cross to Kane at the back post, and was just as shit at the back!!).

But I'm pinning my hope that with Romero as RCB that his build-up would be better than Sanchez, we've not seen this yet!

Question marks on whether we bring in Berg, Kulu or Lucas instead I'm totally open and look forward to see how Conte uses these options. Options are good and are something it could be argued he hasn't been afforded many.

Last edited:
There isn't 1 sole solution for us, but:

- Dier back to marital the CBs
- Skipp back
- 3 CMS

...Can collectively make a world of difference:

Hugo
Romero / Dier / Davies
Berg / PEH / B'cur / Skipp / Reg
Kane / Son​
Exactly my thinking. Just need conte to stop using Son to build up attacking play. Just do like Mou did last season, minus the constant bus parking. Kane drop, Son run in behind.

Having Dier back (by now you all should know I've been in his corner) will not fix THIS.................................

FLjQroxWQAEKci2

Look where everyone else is apart from our defenders!! What the fuck are they doing????

This is a 5vs3 in our own box!!! You could put Barsi, Madini and Beckenbauer as out back three and we would still be fucked.
Surely that's photoshoped? That's diabolical positioning.

Spurs have leaked goals in recent matches without Dier and his return comes just as the north London club prepare to take on the runaway Premier League leaders Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday evening.

"This is good news and important news for us, as you know very well Eric Dier is an important player for us as he has a strong personality, good quality and is strong physically," explained Conte.

"He is an important player for me. Tomorrow for the second time since I arrived in the league they are going to play together, Eric Dier and Cristian Romero.

"For one reason or another they were not able to start together. Tomorrow it will be a good game also because the game is difficult and we need Eric to play and also Cristian."

As much as I love the guy, I don't think he'll raise our level that much. Noticable, but not meaningful.

He still needs Skipp to do the hard running and tackling for him.

Back
Top Bottom