Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what do they mean "with option"? his contract expires end of season.

unless those rumours about dier signing a new contract some months back and us not announcing it we're actually true??

They probably have a cheap option to buy before his contract ends, so that they can fend off any other clubs who might sniff around in the summer if he plays well.

Good luck Eric, auf wiedersehen pet👍👍💙

Chevy Chase Dancing GIF

Wish him well.. always thought he did the best he could... unfortunately he was one of the first ish high profile prem. right footed center backs to be exposed playing on the LHS..the fans never appreciated he was taking one for the team .. and unfortunately our fan base never got over it... As I said wish him well

Last edited:
There's a nasty strain of Spurs fandom who think shitting on players who do nothing but give 100% for the club is some sort of positive quality - like they are keeping it real or some shit.

It's embarrassing.

Lets be honest it not that far from the truth but yes comes across nasty from that guy, Eric was a top chap nice guy but was riddled with mistakes and brainfarts and in general a liability sadly.

No one is questioning him as a person on and off the field , but as a player on the field he prob did only have 2/3 decent seasons , the first 2 he had dembele by is side too and many years after that one season under conte.

I think context needs to be taken, was he a good player - not really, did he constantly make mistakes / unforced errors yes ... Was he a top bloke and human being yes.

Last edited:
At the time of his procedure, I went on a little rant, about the appendix being far from Vestigial, as often erroneously claimed by scientists. It is shown that when under duress, from bad bacteria, the friendly bacteria will use the appendix as a safe haven, so removing this causes issues.

This may well be why he needed to run off the pitch, that game, to have a number2, as his biome was/is somewhat compromised.

At the time of his procedure, I went on a little rant, about the appendix being far from Vestigial, as often erroneously claimed by scientists. It is shown that when under duress, from bad bacteria, the friendly bacteria will use the appendix as a safe haven, so removing this causes issues.

This may well be why he needed to run off the pitch, that game, to have a number2, as his biome was/is somewhat compromised.
Ok LOL. Over my head tbh but I don’t doubt this kinda injury isn’t straightforward and binary

When you have a bacterial shortage, especially the key strains, then it is more difficult to break down foods, and the Bacteria are life true alchemists, able to transform foods into the forms our bodies most need.

When you (Dier in this perspective) suffer this, often people will suffer bowel irregularities or issues, and then as a consequence over eat, as the body craves foods of high quality (and the bacterial replenishment which is incredibly difficult on any Western Diet).

An example I hope can be understood, a Carrot grown to full ripeness in great quality soil may have 500mg Calcium, a poor one may only have 50mg (or thereabouts, many years since I studied this). Also, the supermarkets have changed the dynamic, as previously green grocers would focus on high quality foods, but volume and price is the Suoermarkets way (some American supermarkets used to sell items with their Brix levels shown, not sure if they still do).

Brix is a demonstrator of plant sugars, if high and with a fuzzy line reading in a refractometer, this shows high quality (lots of minerals bound to the sucrose chains).

The worse the bacterial status of the host, the higher the need for high quality.

If fruits/vegetables are low quality, then they often take more energy to digest than they supply. Also if not harvested at adequate maturity they still have NPN (Non-Protein Nitrogen, where the toxic principle is Potassium Nitrite), this means that the Amino Acid chains in the Vegetable are not fully complexed and cause Nitrate burden (Nitrate bound to haemoglobin creates methaemoglobin which is the opposite form to that which carry Oxygen, as well as potentially not supplying the requisite nutrients.

This is a key the why there is such Obesity and issues with health, as we are inbuilt to crave sugars, as our bodies know that in nature the crucial nutrients come bound to those.

This is fundamentally why I think Dier has carried excess weight these past few years.

Riddled, wrapped inside a paradox.

Here is a Brix Chart, which gives growers a guide on their produce and its quality, it is based on LaMotte growing and testing (Originates from focus on Grapes, for Wine, I think, but expanded by Reams to include many Fruits and Vegetables :

drreamscompositechart.gif

(From Michigan Farm Fresh Produce)

What this doesn’t show is the “Fuzzy Line” aspect, which denotes TDS which should ideally be high (think of Water, that should be low, as that is to go to the the Kidneys chiefly to help wash us out, in plants it is the reverse as we are designed to uptake minerals/vitamins/traces from matter not fluid).

Anyway, that’s hopefully interesting to the odd reader, would be epic if the Vegetable growing area Tottenham set up these past couple of years, is using Biological Farming (Brix methodology), so our players can be sure to be eating nutrient dense, fully ripened at Harvest foods!

Any DIY growers, would highly recommend getting a refractometer and testing your produce, have done UK Supermarkets for a few things, and it is not good, mostly poor, sadly.

I remember Andros Townsend being asked who was the fastest runner over 50m in training and he surprisingly said Eric Dier. Well I’ve never seen that pace translate onto the pitch and he looks really slow now

Back
Top Bottom