European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He played well.

Coulda got an assist without that super stop from the 🇷🇸 goalie.

Tracked back, put his body on the line...

Yeah, he did fine. Probably being harsh on him. But I just think in a game like that, one of Palmer or Eze should be coming on. They have far too much quality to sit on a bench for 90 minutes.

Last edited:
They "KNOW" that do they?

How?

Who exactly told them that.....? Gary or complacency?

Well I'm pretty sure they know as a team they were nowhere near their best and can play much better. Do you expect them to all cry at the end of the game because they won the game but didn't play particularly well?

That’s not really winning is it. It’s losing with points.

And Scotland have two more games before we take the short trip home.

:dembelefingers:

There's no such thing as losing with points at knockout tournaments, the result is the only thing that even slightly matters.

Portugal won a Euros having not won a single match in normal time, Greece won it playing shit on a stick the entire time. If we're crap to watch but prevent the opposition from creating a single thing like we did today whilst having moments of brilliance from Jude, Saka etc to win games that's fine by me. Points win prizes.

Don't be a wanker.
What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm a wanker because I'd like the players to actually acknowledge that they put in a poor performance and say that there's much that they need to improve on and that they're going to try harder in the next match.

I'd rather them do that then just pretend that they played really well in the game.

Fucking hell - you're a tough crowd

Watching TAA today was a clear example of just how difficult midfield is.

He’s a brilliant player with a very particular skillset but you can’t just drop him in a scrap like that and expect him to meet the same standard. He didn’t know what to do off the ball.

You could see him thinking too much. It has to be instinctive at this level.

There's no such thing as losing with points at knockout tournaments, the result is the only thing that even slightly matters.

Portugal won a Euros having not won a single match in normal time, Greece won it playing shit on a stick the entire time. If we're crap to watch but prevent the opposition from creating a single thing like we did today whilst having moments of brilliance from Jude, Saka etc to win games that's fine by me. Points win prizes.

Can guarantee that no team participating will give much of a shit how they play in the opening game just along as they win.

Some proper melts on here when it comes to England.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm a wanker because I'd like the players to actually acknowledge that they put in a poor performance and say that there's much that they need to improve on and that they're going to try harder in the next match.

I'd rather them do that then just pretend that they played really well in the game.

Fucking hell - you're a tough crowd

They will know we have loads to work on. They will not say that in public at all.

Yeah, he did fine. Probably being harsh on him. But I just think in a game like that, one of Palmer or Eze should be coming up. They have far too much quality to sit on a bench for 90 minutes.
I think Foden shoulda been subbed off, bring Eze on round the hour mark.

To be honest I think ENG shoulda tried something different and maybe even do what Carlo did at Real...put Jude upfront and have Palmer behind him. All Kane was doing was buy cheap free kicks, he wasn't retaining the ball or bringing his teammates into the game. Coulda done with more pace and trickery the last 20 or 30 mins.

But Gareth gonna Gareth.

Back
Top Bottom