European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it was more that the ref saw Armstrong do a stupid little bunny hop into the path of Orban, and having watched it back post match I get it, because he did. I still think 9/10 of those would get given but I think it's fair enough, the stupid cunt should have just tried to score, or at least been a little bit more subtle about making g sure Orban clattered him. I'm pretty sure they'd have fucked up the penalty anyway.
Totally agree,why wouldn’t he just take it on and score. Would be a hero for life with Scotland fans. Its is a penalty though.

The four best third-placed teams go into the last 16, with the bottom two going out.

At Euro 2016 and 2020, every team who finished on four points or three points with a goal difference that was not negative went through.

As it stands...

d7110870-31a4-11ef-bdc5-41d7421c2adf.png.webp

I know he's unproven but Shankland looked far more dangerous than Adams. Should have got far more game time over the three games.
He’s only had a dozen games for Scotland, but he’s been around more than a decade. Scored around 50 in the last couple of seasons for Hearts. But is most famous for picking up a pie that was thrown at him during a match and having a bite.

But he certainly should have seen more game time.

I know he's unproven but Shankland looked far more dangerous than Adams. Should have got far more game time over the three games.
Adams is a plodder that isn’t goajscorer,slow,can’t hold the ball up and doesn’t make clever runs. Shankland is the opposite apart from the pace but he’s clever and he can score a goal out of nothing. Our subs were negative tonight.

He's got to be their next manager you would think.
I reckon he'd get them to quality, at least.
I think Moyes would be a great international manager.
It’s agricultural football most of the time anyway.
It would suit his style perfectly. Hard to beat team.
I was hoping he’d get the Irish job but id say he wants big money.

Every other teams’ players look fitter and faster than England.

We’re complete cloggers in comparison.
I know a lot has been said about the tactics and Southgate.
But for me one of the biggest issues with how poor England have been revolves around their poor fitness. I'd put them in the top 3 for most unfit at the tournament.

You can't play a pressing game if you're not fit. The preparation going into the tournament has been poor. Asking Maddison to play when he wasn't going to be in the squad says a lot. Then Kane comes out saying they don't know what to do as a team off the ball. They obviously aren't well prepared for this tournament and reeks of a plan which is centred on over reliance of individual players coming up with something.

Denmark beat them to every 50-50. Serbia fought tooth and nail. Slovenia will also do the same.
England come up against Austria, Georgia they will struggle. Quality of control and passing is affected by this tiredness and fatigue they seem to have. Rice, Walker are the biggest culprits and yet I'd say they are probably the 2 fittest in the squad normally. Something feels very wrong.

I know a lot has been said about the tactics and Southgate.
But for me one of the biggest issues with how poor England have been revolves around their poor fitness. I'd put them in the top 3 for most unfit at the tournament.

You can't play a pressing game if you're not fit. The preparation going into the tournament has been poor. Asking Maddison to play when he wasn't going to be in the squad says a lot. Then Kane comes out saying they don't know what to do as a team off the ball. They obviously aren't well prepared for this tournament and reeks of a plan which is centred on over reliance of individual players coming up with something.

Denmark beat them to every 50-50. Serbia fought tooth and nail. Slovenia will also do the same.
England come up against Austria, Georgia they will struggle. Quality of control and passing is affected by this tiredness and fatigue they seem to have. Rice, Walker are the biggest culprits and yet I'd say they are probably the 2 fittest in the squad normally. Something feels very wrong.

You're right in a sense. But it's more the fact that too many of our starting players aren't 100% fit right now and it shows. Bellingham has been struggling for months and runs out of steam in games. After the tournament he's likely to have an operation on his shoulder. Kane, despite what he says to the media, is clearly struggling a bit after his recent back injury. Saka only just came back from injury and isn't as lively as he normally is yet. Stones missed a lot of football last season...

If Gareth actually picks the right players we'll be able to match any side for pressing and energy. Gordon, Watkins, Wharton or Gallagher and Gomez would make a world of difference. He just has to be brave enough to drop a couple of big players for the odd game, for the good of the team.

Legions of fans...belted out "Flower of Scotland" beautifully....but all for a team that didn't dare play any actual football.

I had money on the game they played against the Swiss. They did fuck all there as well. Both sides wanted the point.

Tonight's game was total muck and it's a pity both of them weren't knocked out.

You're right in a sense. But it's more the fact that too many of our starting players aren't 100% fit right now and it shows. Bellingham has been struggling for months and runs out of steam in games. After the tournament he's likely to have an operation on his shoulder. Kane, despite what he says to the media, is clearly struggling a bit after his recent back injury. Saka only just came back from injury and isn't as lively as he normally is yet. Stones missed a lot of football last season...

If Gareth actually picks the right players we'll be able to match any side for pressing and energy. Gordon, Watkins, Wharton or Gallagher and Gomez would make a world of difference. He just has to be brave enough to drop a couple of big players for the odd game, for the good of the team.

It's not fitness. Most of these players are coached by decent coaches in the PL. Guardiola, Arteta, Poch, etc these players are fit enough to press, at least in phases. They do it for their clubs. Ange turned us from a bus park to the hardest pressing team in the PL in one summer. It's about coaching and tactical coaching. Ragnick has Austria pressing like cunts after a few months in charge.

It's fucking ludicrous that England would give the top job to a novice coach with one job on his CV where he got his club relegated. He didn't even have coaching badges when he took that Middlesboro job. I can't think of any other industry where novices are given such huge responsibilities - And England is one of the worse for doing this - just promoting players because they were high level players into top jobs.

What's Southgate's coaching philosophy or ethos? Who fucking knows. His Middlesborough had no identity and neither do his England side.

Going into a tournament without a back up LB, thinking you can play Rice and TAA in midfield together, Trippier as a LB, pushing Foden onto the left wing just because he's a good player and he doesn't want to drop him. It's fucking nuts, schoolboy stuff.

Once again he's totally lucked into a cracking draw, and possibly won't play a decent team until the semis, and it will help partially gloss over his incompetence once again.

Back
Top Bottom