European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legions of fans...belted out "Flower of Scotland" beautifully....but all for a team that didn't dare play any actual football.

I had money on the game they played against the Swiss. They did fuck all there as well. Both sides wanted the point.

Tonight's game was total muck and it's a pity both of them weren't knocked out.

People keep saying this, that Scotland didn't try to play etc, but the truth is they are a really, really poor side, lacking in quality all over the pitch.

Commiserations to Scotland.

Now look forward to all Scotland fans pivoting to support Gareth and the lads.

I know how much you'll all love the amount of coverage devoted to Engerrland in the breaks in other countries' games, and the presenters and pundits calling England "us" and assuming that the whole of their audience in the UK is behind the Three Lions.

Get your St George's flags out and get ready ready to chuck your beer in the air when it goes in off Kane's arse.

Embrace it, before it consumes you.

The four best third-placed teams go into the last 16, with the bottom two going out.

At Euro 2016 and 2020, every team who finished on four points or three points with a goal difference that was not negative went through.

As it stands...

d7110870-31a4-11ef-bdc5-41d7421c2adf.png.webp
Playing your games last really is an advantage then as you'll know exactly what you have to do.

Scotland did well with players available. I wish our lot played with as much passion
Not sure what you were watching but they didn't play well at all. They were beyond garbage against Germany, average against Switzerland and in a game they had to win, were pathetic again against Hungary.
The passion started and finished by singing the national anthem loudly.

We have been dull but in no way would I use Scotland as an example we should follow.

This whole bloody best third placed goes through is a bit of an excitement killer.

Italy v Croatia would have been a belter tonight with Italy going out if Croatia were to win. However.....because Italy have one win against Albania and three points, even if Italy lose tonight, they'll probably go through???

They could go through with a single solitary win against .... Albania.

I don't know, just takes a bit of the excitement out of anything till the knockout stages.

Commiserations to Scotland.

Now look forward to all Scotland fans pivoting to support Gareth and the lads.

I know how much you'll all love the amount of coverage devoted to Engerrland in the breaks in other countries' games, and the presenters and pundits calling England "us" and assuming that the whole of their audience in the UK is behind the Three Lions.

Get your St George's flags out and get ready ready to chuck your beer in the air when it goes in off Kane's arse.

Embrace it, before it consumes you.
I would think many Scotland fans are very much in favour of Southgate remaining England manager...

This whole bloody best third placed goes through is a bit of an excitement killer.

Italy v Croatia would have been a belter tonight with Italy going out if Croatia were to win. However.....because Italy have one win against Albania and three points, even if Italy lose tonight, they'll probably go through???

They could go through with a single solitary win against .... Albania.

I don't know, just takes a bit of the excitement out of anything till the knockout stages.
If Scotland had scraped a draw last night they could still have gone through with two points. Admittedly, a number of other results would have had to go their way, but even so, it's ridiculous.

People keep saying this, that Scotland didn't try to play etc, but the truth is they are a really, really poor side, lacking in quality all over the pitch.
We came into the tournament as one of the pot four teams. Already showing our lack of quality.

We lost Lewis Ferguson to injury. Also injured are our first and second choice right backs. Our first choice striker (and he’s Lyndon Dykes- hardly Ronaldo). Then lost Tierney. Hanley, playing like a lunatic, has been injured for a year.

Our best player, maybe after Ferguson, is Robertson, who would get into the England side; but plays a different game for us than he does for Liverpool. Other than him, we rely on Mctominay and McGinn. Awesome. 🙄

How far down the list would Angus Gunn and Che Adams be in any other squad in the tournament? Miles.

Yet, apparently, we should have “played better”. The guys tried. Hard. Looked like they gave a fuck. But aren’t talented enough to do any more. Honestly no idea how the side got through to the tournament in the first place. Beating Spain is wild. As is beating Norway.

Yet there are other teams, who shall remain nameless, who have talent in every position, yet have stank the place out.

Just not sure why this group of Championship level players are suddenly expected to turn in a world class performance. Ridiculous.

We came into the tournament as one of the pot four teams. Already showing our lack of quality.

We lost Lewis Ferguson to injury. Also injured are our first and second choice right backs. Our first choice striker (and he’s Lyndon Dykes- hardly Ronaldo). Then lost Tierney. Hanley, playing like a lunatic, has been injured for a year.

Our best player, maybe after Ferguson, is Robertson, who would get into the England side; but plays a different game for us than he does for Liverpool. Other than him, we rely on Mctominay and McGinn. Awesome. 🙄

How far down the list would Angus Gunn and Che Adams be in any other squad in the tournament? Miles.

Yet, apparently, we should have “played better”. The guys tried. Hard. Looked like they gave a fuck. But aren’t talented enough to do any more. Honestly no idea how the side got through to the tournament in the first place. Beating Spain is wild. As is beating Norway.

Yet there are other teams, who shall remain nameless, who have talent in every position, yet have stank the place out.

Just not sure why this group of Championship level players are suddenly expected to turn in a world class performance. Ridiculous.
"Yet there are other teams, who shall remain nameless, who have talent in every position, yet have stank the place out."

I'm not as polite as you. I'll name names.

ENGLAND.

I think your manager is a bit shit and really has negative aura which probably rubs off onto the players.

I wouldn't say a team like Albania are miles away from Scotland but their manager has set them up to be more attacking and have a go.

Back
Top Bottom