European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think your manager is a bit shit and really has negative aura which probably rubs off onto the players.

I wouldn't say a team like Albania are miles away from Scotland but their manager has set them up to be more attacking and have a go.
I don’t think Scotland have the quality that sides like Albania and Georgia have - they are fucking shit, even their best players have little ability and are just hard working triers, Robertson aside. I thought they did as well as could be expected tbh. They were v close to qualifying

I don’t think Scotland have the quality that sides like Albania and Georgia have - they are fucking shit, even their best players have little ability and are just hard working triers, Robertson aside. I thought they did as well as could be expected tbh. They were v close to qualifying

They created 0.9xg over the 3 matches, come on - they can't be that bad.

Scotland seemed far too risk adverse. Last night so many times it went backwards when it needed to go forward either from the centre mids receiving the ball or once they'd actually progressed further up the pitch they just passed it back . I felt that they under committed and showed a lack of invention. Even with a lack of quality I expected them to have more of a go once they lost the first game.

They created 0.9xg over the 3 matches, come on - they can't be that bad.
Yes they can. Look at their players, all wank. They did well vs Switzerland who have far better individuals. They should have played that 9 over Che Adam’s, he looked much better when he was on

Adam’s would struggle to get into my Sunday side

I think your manager is a bit shit and really has negative aura which probably rubs off onto the players.

I wouldn't say a team like Albania are miles away from Scotland but their manager has set them up to be more attacking and have a go.
He’s probably right for a side of our level. As for negative aura, he’s Scottish. You never met one of us? We’re all negative.

Comparisons to Albania are probably fair. They’ll end up on the same points as us. And they’ll be knocked out like us. They maybe playing more on the front foot than we have, but the results will be the same. Scotland are just set up to play defensively and try to score on the break. Is it pretty? No. Is it effective? Sometimes. Do we have the players to do anything else? Nope.

Scotland seemed far too risk adverse. Last night so many times it went backwards when it needed to go forward either from the centre mids receiving the ball or once they'd actually progressed further up the pitch they just passed it back . I felt that they under committed and showed a lack of invention. Even with a lack of quality I expected them to have more of a go once they lost the first game.
A lack of invention? Nothing can be done about that. Players aren’t capable.

Trying to “have a go”? Maybe. Although we’d probably have been 3-0 down at half time. The game-plan nearly worked, it as always, we managed to Darwin Award ourselves into defeat.

It's not fitness. Most of these players are coached by decent coaches in the PL. Guardiola, Arteta, Poch, etc these players are fit enough to press, at least in phases. They do it for their clubs. Ange turned us from a bus park to the hardest pressing team in the PL in one summer. It's about coaching and tactical coaching. Ragnick has Austria pressing like cunts after a few months in charge.

It's fucking ludicrous that England would give the top job to a novice coach with one job on his CV where he got his club relegated. He didn't even have coaching badges when he took that Middlesboro job. I can't think of any other industry where novices are given such huge responsibilities - And England is one of the worse for doing this - just promoting players because they were high level players into top jobs.

What's Southgate's coaching philosophy or ethos? Who fucking knows. His Middlesborough had no identity and neither do his England side.

Going into a tournament without a back up LB, thinking you can play Rice and TAA in midfield together, Trippier as a LB, pushing Foden onto the left wing just because he's a good player and he doesn't want to drop him. It's fucking nuts, schoolboy stuff.

Once again he's totally lucked into a cracking draw, and possibly won't play a decent team until the semis, and it will help partially gloss over his incompetence once again.

I haven't or won't disagree. There's a multitude of reasons why we've been cack so far, and most of them on Southgate. But it's also clear that a few key players aren't even near to being 100%, which never helps. I've been saying since the beginning that he got his squad selection completely wrong. Grealish, Rashford, Branthwaite and an actual left back should all be in our squad.

This whole bloody best third placed goes through is a bit of an excitement killer.

Italy v Croatia would have been a belter tonight with Italy going out if Croatia were to win. However.....because Italy have one win against Albania and three points, even if Italy lose tonight, they'll probably go through???

They could go through with a single solitary win against .... Albania.

I don't know, just takes a bit of the excitement out of anything till the knockout stages.
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

A lack of invention? Nothing can be done about that. Players aren’t capable.

Trying to “have a go”? Maybe. Although we’d probably have been 3-0 down at half time. The game-plan nearly worked, it as always, we managed to Darwin Award ourselves into defeat.

In fairness if Scotland convert a penalty that should have been awarded late on, or that Hanley chance had fallen to Shankland, and not a centre-back, everyone would be saying that Clarke got it bang on. There's a massive lack of pace and creativity in that team so I think they did about as well as to be expected against two decent teams in Switzerland and Hungary where there was little in it.

I haven't or won't disagree. There's a multitude of reasons why we've been cack so far, and most of them on Southgate. But it's also clear that a few key players aren't even near to being 100%, which never helps. I've been saying since the beginning that he got his squad selection completely wrong. Grealish, Rashford, Branthwaite and an actual left back should all be in our squad.
No way Rashford!...agree with the other 2.....👍

Yes they can. Look at their players, all wank. They did well vs Switzerland who have far better individuals. They should have played that 9 over Che Adam’s, he looked much better when he was on

Adam’s would struggle to get into my Sunday side

They literally took 4 points of Georgia in qualifying.

We came into the tournament as one of the pot four teams. Already showing our lack of quality.

We lost Lewis Ferguson to injury. Also injured are our first and second choice right backs. Our first choice striker (and he’s Lyndon Dykes- hardly Ronaldo). Then lost Tierney. Hanley, playing like a lunatic, has been injured for a year.

Our best player, maybe after Ferguson, is Robertson, who would get into the England side; but plays a different game for us than he does for Liverpool. Other than him, we rely on Mctominay and McGinn. Awesome. 🙄

How far down the list would Angus Gunn and Che Adams be in any other squad in the tournament? Miles.

Yet, apparently, we should have “played better”. The guys tried. Hard. Looked like they gave a fuck. But aren’t talented enough to do any more. Honestly no idea how the side got through to the tournament in the first place. Beating Spain is wild. As is beating Norway.

Yet there are other teams, who shall remain nameless, who have talent in every position, yet have stank the place out.

Just not sure why this group of Championship level players are suddenly expected to turn in a world class performance. Ridiculous.'ve been following these positively crazy guys ever since Scotland were eliminated from the 1974 World Cup without losing a game!When I met some of the fans in Frankfurt Central Station on June 14, 2024, we immediately started talking!Very pleasant fellows, these gentlemen, especially easy to recognize in their kilts.I hope with all my heart that they will be back at the World Cup in 2026.For Mr. Southgate's team, I hope that they can play more offensively and make what I dream of come true - become European champions in 2024!Nagelsmann found out on Sunday that not everything that comes from Switzerland has to do with cheese.I'm looking forward to the knockout round!
I've been following these positively crazy guys ever since Scotland were eliminated from the 1974 World Cup without losing a game!

When I met some of the fans in Frankfurt Central Station on June 14, 2024, we immediately started talking! Very pleasant fellows, these gentlemen, especially easy to recognize in their kilts.

I hope with all my heart that they will be back at the World Cup in 2026.

For Mr. Southgate's team, I hope that they can play more offensively and make what I dream of come true - become European champions in 2024!

Nagelsmann found out on Sunday that not everything that comes from Switzerland has to do with cheese.

I'm looking forward to the knockout round!

The problem with the excuse that a Scotland fan has just used on BBC News, that, " We're a small nation & this is success for us", is that Wales, a smaller nation, got to the semis of this very competition, in 2016.

The problem with the excuse that a Scotland fan has just used on BBC News, that, " We're a small nation & this is success for us", is that Wales, a smaller nation, got to the semis of this very competition, in 2016.
If Scotland had peak Bale they would still be in the tournament.

Now we don’t have him I wonder when we will qualify for a big tournament next.

Back
Top Bottom