European Championships 2024 ⚽ 🏆 ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never want the Germans to win. Never.

If you do, don't call yourself Englishman. Scots love em though.

:pochsmirk:

They'll win though, Denmark are nothing special. The other game should be tighter and Swiss have been playing well but Italy are so fucking jammy and I suspect they'll get lucky again.

I have the Germans and Italy in work sweepstake so….

john cleese people are over GIF

To be fair, Füllkrug is a beast for Germany. I'm always so disappointed when I see him for Dortmund as he generally looks half the player. Proper old school striker though.
I'm glad Füllkrug is alive, otherwise I'd be the ugliest person in the world!

I'd let him, Füllkrug, and Müller play together.
Havartz is what he is - a Gooner!
My tip for the game Germany 2 - Denmark 1 (messed up by Schlotterbeck)

I'm glad Füllkrug is alive, otherwise I'd be the ugliest person in the world!

I'd let him, Füllkrug, and Müller play together.
Havartz is what he is - a Gooner!
My tip for the game Germany 2 - Denmark 1 (messed up by Schlotterbeck)

I don't like him since he disrespected Bellingham recently. What was Füllkrug doing at 20/21? Certainly not shining for the biggest club in the world and winning trophies.

I don't like him since he disrespected Bellingham recently. What was Füllkrug doing at 20/21? Certainly not shining for the biggest club in the world and winning trophie
That makes two of us who won't be founding a Füllkrug fan club!

Bundesliga? "One of many!"
In the national team? Things are going reasonably well at the moment, but that too will calm down again.

That makes two of us who won't be founding a Füllkrug fan club!

Bundesliga? "One of many!"
In the national team? Things are going reasonably well at the moment, but that too will calm down again.

I think Germany have as good a chance of winning it as anyone left. But they also have as good a chance of getting knocked out as 5 or 6 other teams also. I've never been a massive believer in this 'home advantage' because it can also bring massive pressure and expectation. If Germany are having a bad game and losing, that home advantage can suddenly turn into a negative if the crowd reacts negatively and get on the players backs. You see that happen in football all the time.

I think Germany have as good a chance of winning it as anyone left. But they also have as good a chance of getting knocked out as 5 or 6 other teams also. I've never been a massive believer in this 'home advantage' because it can also bring massive pressure and expectation. If Germany are having a bad game and losing, that home advantage can suddenly turn into a negative if the crowd reacts negatively and get on the players backs. You see that happen in football all the time.
The last two teams to play most home games/host were losing finalists. The scenes if Germany are losing finalists this time because it could be England, Austria or the Netherlands who inflict it.

The last two teams to play most home games/host were losing finalists. The scenes if Germany are losing finalists this time because it could be England, Austria or the Netherlands who inflict it.

People will disagree but I never saw playing Italy at Wembley as a big advantage at all in the last Euros final. The England fans got on the teams back after half an hour, for sitting back, and being outnumbered in the stadium also gave the Italians even more of that siege mentality they love so much. Playing at home can obviously be a big advantage but I don't think football is that simple that it's the case every time.

People will disagree but I never saw playing Italy at Wembley as a big advantage at all in the last Euros final. The England fans got on the teams back after half an hour, for sitting back, and being outnumbered in the stadium also gave the Italians even more of that siege mentality they love so much. Playing at home can obviously be a big advantage but I don't think football is that simple that it's the case every time.
Home advantage is a thing but I’m not sure discussion will lead to anything productive!

I thought Wednesday night was Ange’s last night on ITV

Turns out he’s on again tonight from 7pm

Bonza :ange-arms:

The punters in my local boozer are wondering why I keep turning up for Euro matches mounted on the back of a kangaroo with my corked hat on......

:ange-arms2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom