Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

------------------Lloris-----------------
---Romero------Dier----Tanganga---
Emerson-Hojbjerg-Ndombele--Reggie
--------------Lucas----Son--------------
-------------------Kane------------------

Player Valuation: £950k​

“Full strength team and we beat these comfortable. With the players that are missing I think we will need a massive performance, these are crap but so are we. Hopefully we can sneak a 1-0 scrappy win.”

———————

Laughing Man Lol GIF

With a back 3, I don't think Skipp and Hojbjerg is the right midfield. Both defensive, we need someone to press forward.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Hojbjerg - Ndombele - Reguilon
Lucas - Son
Kane
I choose Davies as he think he adds balance, being left footed, and covers for Reguilon.

Agree on both points. God knows Reguilon needs some cover. Appreciate he will lose the ball from time to time when getting forward but it didn't half seem like he gave it away a lot last night.

To say these guys are not confident would be a wild understatement…..

Although the guy I quoted thinks Everton with a strong team would beat us with ease 😂😂😂😂 don’t get me wrong, we ain’t great by all means, but an Everton fan thinking they could easily beat us with a strong team pahahahaha

------------------Lloris-----------------
---Romero------Dier----Tanganga---
Emerson-Hojbjerg-Ndombele--Reggie
--------------Lucas----Son--------------
-------------------Kane------------------
Honestly, I can’t take Dier no more. Can’t you replace him with anyone else?

Think we could play Tanguy instead of PEH or Skipp with this formation. 3 at the back with two holding midfielders is a bit overkill i.m.o, but I liked the shape of this system last night.

Really nice to see Emerson & Reggie hugging the touchline in attacking areas giving us width & options.

it needs work clearly & obviously but I think Conte ball is gonna be a great success. COYS!!!
The players out wide also opens up space for our midfield where the opposition are forced to spread out and we were trying to find passes from the fullback positions into central midfield which was nice to see. Also the way we moved the ball quickly side to side in attack. Conte already has them working on pulling the opposition around to create attacking options. So good to see.

Apart from at times under Poch (but not at all times) we haven't done that since Redknapp. Crazy when you think about it. So many managers playing slow attack football which is dull and hopeless. I think those days are gone at last.

We really need to score first and make them attack. If they score first it will be a long day of trying to break down a block.

Lloris
Tanganga Romero Sanchez
Emerson PEH Skipp Reggie
Tanguy
Kane Son

I know it’s not the usual 343 but a 3412 would suit us really well. Provides plenty of midfield cover and allows Tanguy to have freedom to make plays happen.

Think Tanganga would be perfect for the right centre back role, Romero in the middle and Dier or Sanchez on the left (Dier a better fit and played ok last night)

Would also like to see one of Skipp or Hojbjerg dropped for Lo Celso or ndombele, whilst neither have impressed me at least they are both somewhat more attacking

Hope to see the 3-5-2 although not sure who I put in the deep lying MF role, maybe Ndombele although I don't think it is the right role for him. I expect we will see the 3-4-3 again although I don't want to and don't think it suits us at all because we have no RW.

Hope to see:

Lloris
Tanganga-Romero-Rodon
Royal-Skipp-Ndombele-GLC-Reguilon
Kane-Son​

Expect to see:
Lloris
Romero-Dier-Davies
Royal-Skipp-PEH-Reguilon
Moura-Kane-Son​

Back
Top Bottom