Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've had a soft spot for them. They have a red scum in their city, and are the bighter lads in Liverpool compared to the neanderthals. Truly the Northern Spurs.
I know what you mean.... Used to feel that way about Man City too... until they reinvented themselves in to the Mon€y ¢it¥ 'brand' we know today!

Spurs and Everton do have similarities (except all the titles we didn't win in the '80s!!!)

Our fall from grace as one the original "Big 5" to where we've gone since then is also quite similar..

...and we both hate anything in red!

I know what you mean.... Used to feel that way about Man City too... until they reinvented themselves in to the Mon€y ¢it¥ 'brand' we know today!

Spurs and Everton do have similarities (except all the titles we didn't win in the '80s!!!)

Our fall from grace as one the original "Big 5" to where we've gone since then is also quite similar..

...and we both hate anything in red!
Both big time bottlers

Everton was dominated by Wolves in last game. Is Wolves that good? I think we can beat Everton tomorrow. My prediction 6:7

Both big time bottlers
shut-up-you-tart.jpg

🙄🥱

Thought I was going to miss this, father-in-law's birthday, long family lunch.

"Family is much more important than football" I told everyone to approving nods.

Now I find out that the lunch is actually today, not tomorrow. "Loads better" I say "I can watch Spurs now!"

Tuts are tutted, shoulders shrugged, the words "Sad bastard" (well "Eres patético" more accurately) run through people's minds.

Couldn't give a gnat's twat. I'm over the moon Brian.

shirtless-celebration-soccer.jpg

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same XI as Thursday, though I’m hoping Ndombele is in for either Lucas or Skipp. Put him behind Kane and Son.

With everyone Everton have missing, I see them going 4411.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Townsend Allan Delph Iwobi
Gray
Richarlison

That is a lineup we should be beating pretty easy tbh.

I actually think this is an easier matchup than some of the other ones we have coming up. They are low on confidence and I expect them to play a little more open than teams like Burnley we have to break down.

You can’t compare previous results. Against Palace we were lacking direction and passion. Seems like the players are now energized and hopeful again.
Hmmm, as one hour of that match showed, that new energy doesn’t last long.
We were outplayed by Vitesse, Everton away is going to be an extremely tough game.

The difference is that I do not see Everton playing as open as Vitesse did. I see Everton sitting back to try playing long balls on the counter, giving us plenty of possession and a slower match overall.
Vitesse shouldn’t be playing us off the park in any scenario. Everton won’t sit back, because we aren’t very good

Everton away is a hard game.

Conte is not a magician but there should be a bit of a bounce, as we saw on Thursday.

The problem may be fatigue and lack of options.

We needed to change manager. We have.

The next bit is nore difficult but the hope is that Conte sets us up to play to the players' strengths

Then when he gets the chance he will try and bring in his own players, because some of the current bunch are not what is required.

Tomorrow? A draw most likely in my book.

Back
Top Bottom