Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, utterly bizarre. You know .. the same decision the VAR team of actually qualified people made at the time.

It wasn't a red, and I bet nobody outside some Spurs fans will even talk about it being a red.

You've resorted to using the VAR team as a defence, honeslty :roflmao:

The reason they didn't bring it back was because it wasn't clear and obvious, not because it wasn't a foul, if you actually watch the incident your logic of 'getting the ball' totally falls flat on it's face seeing as the positions of his studs are at an angle which defies logic of actually getting the ball.

That's NOT a red card. Two players competing for the ball, he's missed the ball, it's not dangerous or endangering an opponent.

Please don't turn in Woolwich fans lads ehhh.

(The red card that was given was 100% a red).

It's just embarrassing. He goes for the ball, accidentally catches a bit of the man, realises quickly and stops doing it. No intent whatsoever, easy to make this kind of thing look bad when its super slo mo'ed but it's not a red card in any universe.

That's NOT a red card. Two players competing for the ball, he's missed the ball, it's not dangerous or endangering an opponent.

Please don't turn in Woolwich fans lads ehhh.

(The red card that was given was 100% a red).

Look at the position of his studs and where it ends up, you may think he's figting for the ball but he's gone in hard initially and gone OTT hence why his studs end on Son.

Think we can cut the players some slack, they are still getting used to it. We're playing a compltely new system and they've had one training session under Conte.

Let's see how they look after the break.
A new system of playing with greater intensity, making they'll actually get a shot on target in the game and show some heart. Yeah that'll take a while.

Everyone saying this is a good result needs to remember that this mob got slapped by 5 at home to Watford, and lost their last game to Wolves.

Is this our level of expectation now? I don't even want to look at the league table we are drifting so far off the pace behind the likes of the goons and west ham now.

Not blaming Conte in the slightest before anyone jumps on me, but this isn't good enough from the players.
These players aren't good enough mate, this squad needs major surgery and I am pretty sure Conte would not have joined us if there wasn't money to rebuild.

That being said, if Conte coming here is a play by Levy thinking this team is good enough and we don't need a major rebuild, just a manager like Conte, then he is in for an absolute shock.

We need to be active in January and very active in the summer, 18 months, that's how long imo it will take to turn this club around and make us a champions league side again and that's with full backing on first targets in every window.

After that, I think we will be setup to win something, until then, this is the situation.

Put me on ignore you melt.

He didn't complete a single pass, didn't win a single ball, got stupidly booked and was blowing out his arse after literally 10 minutes. Shockingly bad.
Nope, i don't put anyone on ignore. Even a sad cunt like you. But you've repeatedly said i'm on ignore and then you can't help proving your own stupidity by responding to me can you? Which proves what a sad, little idiot you are.

The only thing blowing out of anyone's arse is the bullshit from you talking out of yours.

Frustrating result, but I’m staying positive today.

You could see what Conte is trying to do—the shape, the movement of the ball. Yeah, our execution was bad—but it’s been all of a few days. He now has an international break, and with a lot of our players not good enough to actually be playing on this break, hopefully this will be a chance to tighten us way, way up.

It's just embarrassing. He goes for the ball, accidentally catches a bit of the man, realises quickly and stops doing it. No intent whatsoever, easy to make this kind of thing look bad when its super slo mo'ed but it's not a red card in any universe.
Honestly don’t think Godfrey was going for the ball. He knocks son over, kicks him in the leg and then stamps on his ribs.

Looked awfully suspicious but wasn’t clear enough for VAR to intervene.

100% - By the letter of the law, however "intent" means fuck all but that's not endangering a player, it's a foul. End.

Back
Top Bottom