Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These players aren't good enough mate, this squad needs major surgery and I am pretty sure Conte would not have joined us if there wasn't money to rebuild.

That being said, if Conte coming here is a play by Levy thinking this team is good enough and we don't need a major rebuild, just a manager like Conte, then he is in for an absolute shock.

We need to be active in January and very active in the summer, 18 months, that's how long imo it will take to turn this club around and make us a champions league side again and that's with full backing on first targets in every window.

After that, I think we will be setup to win something, until then, this is the situation.
Well conte will have absolutely no problem walking away if he doesnt get what he wants or was promised. That would be some embarrassment for levy. Hence why i think he will actually free up funds

Blimey, CONTE'S still sleeping at the TRAINING ground... Give him half an hour to settle back into London!

Progress was NOT conceding late to them .. which we've done recently ...
Not the barnstorming 6-2 we all wanted, but it was never gonna be... YET!

More to be happy about than annoyed with ATM.
I’m not having a swipe at Conte, mate - but the same mental midgets played who’ve underperformed now under 5 managers in a row

I couple of you have said… heavy touches and poor passes the result of being gassed from the new intense training style. Trying to bust ass today… they are not fit enough. We won’t know who passes and who fails the Conte test until they are fit enough to take the exam. Maybe in a month? Two? In time for January at least.

I get the impression that a few misguided souls are under the impression that we can buy players before January.

I’m not having a swipe at Conte, mate - but the same mental midgets played who’ve underperformed now under 5 managers in a row
Neither am I.... The fact he's only JUST set foot in the place means surely those 'mental midgets' have a lot still to learn...
The 'new manager bounce' is exactly that... A short lived feelgood feeling until reality sets back in.

HAD we won today, most would've bemoaned the fact the players only try NOW, and not for the last few years.

What today (and Thursday) showed me is that they're prepared to learn... Just that it won't be an instant quick fix .. and nor should it be if we're in it for the long haul!

Anyway, with my magic 'Coulda Woulda Shoulda' hat on, I'm preferring to think of today as an encouraging 1-1...

They score from a pen (that WAS given), and Lo Celso curls one IN off the post with 2 mins left...
That would be WAY more positive! ...and yes, before you ask, my Aunty DOES have bollocks, and he's my Uncle!!

Unfortunately we will be stuck with guys who are on decent contracts and will not move readily so it will take quite a while to really upgrade the team.I have faith in Conte but he is unlikely to be here long so we really need two good transfer windows to give us a chance .I hope that the fact he is on an 18 contract doesn't put players off .

It's Conte's first EPL in charge for Spurs and he's only been at the club for a few days.
It was not an exciting game, that's for sure, but at least the defense was solid. And Spurs had their chances that could have won them the game.

Unfortunately we will be stuck with guys who are on decent contracts and will not move readily so it will take quite a while to really upgrade the team.I have faith in Conte but he is unlikely to be here long so we really need two good transfer windows to give us a chance .I hope that the fact he is on an 18 contract doesn't put players off .
Yeah, but Aurier was shipped out regardless...only had a year left though...

I've only just seen the result and haven't read through any comments. Did we play OK or did the team sleep through it, like me?
GIF by Originals
An away point in any shape or form is respectable considering how we’ve been playing add a new manager into the mix (-10men Kane did play but….) if you carry on reading you’ll get the jist some galoots on here would find a negative even if we‘d won 5-0 but hey you know that already game dull but hey ho, two weeks break then we can all start again:contethumb:

Pay their contracts up and ship them out

We all know who

Just fucking do it

There's defo more intensity and movement and we're moving the ball more quickly too but it'll take a bit of time to turn things around beyond that.

I thought we were comfortably on top until the non penalty, when the idiot ref just wound their crowd up by giving it - thank fuck for VAR (also Reg played everyone onside too).

We ran out of some gas but he'll get us fitter given time.

Final balls were generally pony and we need a more creative midfielder in there, agree with others who would make us 3-5-2 and stick Ndom in.

Ses coming back will give us an alternative to Reg, Doherty is clearly not the answer there.

Lo Celso needs a run of games to get up to speed but i'm just not convinced he has what it takes to deserve a run of games - one for Conte to work out.

What I'd give for a 2018 Eriksen right now, we're crying out for a bit of consistent creativity, brains and composure.

Back
Top Bottom