FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
Terrible memory. Got in the ground just as we kicked off, had a bad feeling as I felt we were outnumbered as Everton were on three sides of the ground. None of our players seemed to be up for it, and it was a long journey home. Really thought it was going to be our year, as we had such a good win at Anfield - was that the year we were initially banned from the FA Cup? I thought Klinsmann might have stayed for his second year if we had won it, and the likes of Barmby and Sheringham might have hung around too. My mind might be playing tricks with me - blimey, that's 26 years ago! - but that's how I remember it. Shocking game, shocking result, let's hope for a different outcome this time around.
Yep all spot on as Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite says. They had 3 sides of the ground and we just had that jumbo mega stand. So they basically had both ends. Not sure if that helped them or it's just a weak excuse.

Think Ian Walker had a poor game. Might have scuffed a clearance that lead to one of the goals. Also think it got nasty in the stands as there was loose concrete hardcore rumble lying about for some reason. With the general mood in our end and celebration all around a lot of that got launched. Horrible day.

Now he's scored today I'm 100% certain in my mind Son scores again against Everton. Hopefully the win and change in personnel today signifies a change to some good form.

Yeah I think I'd rather that too as we ain't getting top 4 anyway. Beat wba, next everton but then lose to city will be a good week. Also then only 2 games away from another final.
*lose to City*
“we need owners and Poch”

*Don’t get Top 4 and win FA Cup”
”should have prioritised top 4”

No fans due to lockdown has me thinking away win but not with a lot of confidence on my part. :kanehand:

One of my main issues with pochs reign was our apparent dismissal of the cups including the EL.

I honestly think with more cup final experience the CL final could have gone differently.

If we can get to two finals even three finals this year then the team, club as a whole becomes a bit more prepared for those type of occasions.

And on our day we can match up most teams. Be good for them to have that belief and know how when needed.
Yeah its a tricky one as poch sacrificed cups for all those top 4s. Jose is all in for all of the cups, BUT that looks like being at the expense of top 4 & the league.
We haven't got the team to deal with all 4 competitions. So something has gotta give. Whether its the league or cups.

But yes you would hope the more finals we get to the better we are in them. City seem to be pretty reliable in finals.

Yep all spot on as Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite says. They had 3 sides of the ground and we just had that jumbo mega stand. So they basically had both ends. Not sure if that helped them or it's just a weak excuse.

Think Ian Walker had a poor game. Might have scuffed a clearance that lead to one of the goals. Also think it got nasty in the stands as there was loose concrete hardcore rumble lying about for some reason. With the general mood in our end and celebration all around a lot of that got launched. Horrible day.
Yeah played a heavily bandaged Anderton from the start instead of Ronny as well.

Well at least the team might go into this with a bit more confidence. Really hope this isn't another Jose shitshow. If we're gonna lose, can we throw a few punches.

I'd make a few changes to the lineup
Perhaps Bergwijn , Rodon in and maybe if other players have knocks etc but I'd keep the same sort of team and hopefully they try play the same way.

Man City at the weekend is such a tough game so I don't expect much out of that therefore I'd like us to try go all out for this game.

One of my main issues with pochs reign was our apparent dismissal of the cups including the EL.

I honestly think with more cup final experience the CL final could have gone differently.

If we can get to two finals even three finals this year then the team, club as a whole becomes a bit more prepared for those type of occasions.

And on our day we can match up most teams. Be good for them to have that belief and know how when needed.
Now you get why I am so positive regardless of what’s been happening. I believe this is a 2 year plan and we are fully in year one so let’s keep going.

Now you get why I am so positive regardless of what’s been happening. I believe this is a 2 year plan and we are fully in year one so let’s keep going.

Personally I think Jose was tasked with top 4.

But I’m not going to be Jose out within weeks of us being top. At this point we can win cups so I think our aim should be that. But I also don’t believe this squad should be getting 13 points from 12 games. I’m strapped in for the ride.

(The same as I didn’t when poch started last season so poorly)

I just wonder with their position in the league (two game advantage over Pool) will they be prioritizing the league games over cup games.....we’ll wait and see

For people not greedy, would you rather beat Everton or city? Cup progress or another 3pts. The choice is yours.
Beat everton, top 4 isnt a trophy, thats whats wrong with the premier league the fact teams consider top 4 an accomplishment..
Spurs are not going to win the league this year so getting far in all cups should be priority?

Just imagine winning the league cup and fa cup/europa league, or all 3, to me thats a successful season.

Ovbiously getting top 4 and doing both would be sweeter! But cant see this team having the consistency to get top 4 and a trophy, especially destroying kanes fitness in the process..

*lose to City*
“we need owners and Poch”

*Don’t get Top 4 and win FA Cup”
”should have prioritised top 4”
the sooner this fanbase realize that poch has gone and will never coming back ( which i am sure of cause after his success at PSG , many bigger clubs than spurs will try to get him ) the better

Back
Top Bottom