FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
Yeah I think I'd rather that too as we ain't getting top 4 anyway. Beat wba, next everton but then lose to city will be a good week. Also then only 2 games away from another final.
We're 4 points off 4th with a game in hand...... Don't throw in the towel just yet, especially in this frankly bizarre season.

OK, we have City next, but there's still 48 points to play for.

But we should definitely go full strength for this one and go all in.

We really shouldn't be fearing Everton, but one of our defenders need to actually start defending, and deal with Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Despite it being only WBA yesterday, that should have done our confidence some good.

Go full strength. We have a very favourable premier league schedule after the city game. The city game is a free hit imo.

Spam, Burnley, Palace, Gooners, Saints, Newcastle.

We can rotate & rest in the EL fixtures against Wolfsberger too.

Go full strength. We have a very favourable premier league schedule after the city game. The city game is a free hit imo.

Spam, Burnley, Palace, Gooners, Saints, Newcastle.

We can rotate & rest in the EL fixtures against Wolfsberger too.
I think if I was in charge I wouldn’t take any risks with the Wolfsberger game, for the first leg at least. Establish a good lead and then rest some players in the second leg if we can.

Beat everton, top 4 isnt a trophy, thats whats wrong with the premier league the fact teams consider top 4 an accomplishment..
Spurs are not going to win the league this year so getting far in all cups should be priority?

Just imagine winning the league cup and fa cup/europa league, or all 3, to me thats a successful season.

Ovbiously getting top 4 and doing both would be sweeter! But cant see this team having the consistency to get top 4 and a trophy, especially destroying kanes fitness in the process..
Yep. In a way it might be a good thing if in a few games time its pretty clear top 4 is gone. We can then go all in for the cups.
I am happy with that for a change.
But I know in the long term levy/ENIC will want top 4 for the CL £££. & also some of the players feel they should be playing CL football. So I think this might be a 1 off unique season of prioritising cups for us.
Its the old top 4 or cups debate.
We have had lots of CL football but very little silverware. So the more cups the better this season. Then I think its back to reality & we will prioritise top 4.

Worst case scenario is go strong in league & cups, spread yourself too thin. Go far but out of cups in the end & league form suffers so don't finish top 4 either.

Last edited:
I think if I was in charge I wouldn’t take any risks with the Wolfsberger game, for the first leg at least. Establish a good lead and then rest some players in the second leg if we can.

That's fair enough. Personally I think a line up including Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Bergwijn, Vinicius, Sanchez etc should be enough to see them off.

We're 4 points off 4th with a game in hand...... Don't throw in the towel just yet, especially in this frankly bizarre season.

OK, we have City next, but there's still 48 points to play for.

But we should definitely go full strength for this one and go all in.
True. Its very doable but hard to feel confident after what we have seen. But yes I keep forgetting how bad the other teams have been so despite how bad we have been, we are only 4pts from top 4. We should be at least 15.
I think the 2 Manchester clubs will easily get top 4. Then it's liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea & on the edge us... all fighting for final 2 spots. Hammers & Everton will fall away I reckon.
This game is ok to go strong with city afterwards. But I think soon we will have to start prioritising especially with the europa games too. So it will get trickier.
Like thursday Wolfsburg away, sunday west ham hmmmm

If it’s even played. Liverpool’s game in Germany has been shifted to Hungary and ours will probably have to be moved or cancelled too due to Austria’s Covid rules.

Thought the Liverpool game was being played at WHL?
It was an option, but Budapest was chosen instead. It may have been that the German team would have to undergo quarantine when they went home if they entered the UK. Could also be a problem for the return match. The CL and Europa could become a nightmare if this affects many more ties.

Last edited:
I can't remember, did the draw the next round at the same time as this match or was this the next round I'm thinking of?

Basically, has the 6th round been drawn?

Lets pretend its a Champions League match, time and date is just right. And Lucas might score a few.

Not so confident anyway about this one. I think Everton are pretty good in the air, so they will cause us problems just like West Brom did with their limited chances.

The 1995 semi final still gives me nightmares. Horrific journey up there with my Dad stuck in traffic for hours. Got there just seconds before kick off. Dad took a parking ticket hit.
Awful on the day. Dream over. Long journey home. Had queued up at WHL on a school night to get tickets as well.
Honestly the round before beating Liverpool with Ted and Klinsmann scoring was one of my favourite Tottenham games, I never saw Everton having a chance, I was 14 and absolutely crushed

Back
Top Bottom