FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
We should still try for both.
The problem with the EL is you pin all your hopes on a one off game whereas 4th is about what you do for the whole season.
No reason why we can't try both.
We can try for both, but the lack of squad depth is easily exposed in the league, while it is easier to have a fairy tale run in a cup

We should still try for both.
The problem with the EL is you pin all your hopes on a one off game whereas 4th is about what you do for the whole season.
No reason why we can't try both.

But there is - squad depth. And it’s what has continuously cost us cup (runs) in the past.

Playing and relying on the same players just leads to injuries and or tiredness / fatigue.

It’s why City continuously compete because they keep going out and spending top dollar on new players. We just don’t have that luxury.

From the 10th -24th (15 days) we have 3cup games and 2 league games. 4 of those games are away. Not doing any sort of rotation will lead to problems. 100%.

Honestly the round before beating Liverpool with Ted and Klinsmann scoring was one of my favourite Tottenham games, I never saw Everton having a chance, I was 14 and absolutely crushed
Agreed, I can literally remember listening to the quarter final on the radio in my bedroom and going crazy when Klinsmann scored the winner. I'd have been 11 or 12. Footage from that day is up there with Crouches header at City, and the goal wasn't even in front of the away end. Proper limbs, imagine the VAR check nowadays!

I am really looking forward to this. It should be a very decent cup tie. Just imagine though if we had 6-8k fans there. It would be immense. Old school ground. Cold evening. Spurs in the FA Cup. Lush.

Not looking forward to this at all, match threads started by SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs never end well
Really? 11 wins and a draw from 13. Your boys at Watford could only dream of that success.

Surely you haven't been banned again???

Im Sure we can go all out for the next two games. The city gane will be sitting back anyway. The EL is two leg game so a little rotation there but make sure we get something from the away leg. Apart from davies most of the defenders have been rotated/not played too many games. CM is prbly the hardest to rotate but I’m sure in the EL game we could get away with winks and sissoko. Shame GLC is not fit. Always option to play dier in there as well. Lamela and lucid have not played much so they should be able to handle another two games this week. We can start berg and bale in the EL. It’s gonna be the sane fir everyone else as well Leicester, Chelsea , manure and pool. Only spam and Everton don’t have Europe. No need to think we are the only ones with a tough schedule. Need to have a stinger mentality and get ourselves up for these games. Don’t we are in a position to start picking and choosing what we go for as that is a dangerous attitude and we”ll end up with nothing. Plus we need to make sure we keep picking up points in the PL. A draw with citeh would be a good result.

Back
Top Bottom