FA Cup - Everton Vs Tottenham, Wed 10th Feb 8:15pm (BT Sport).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who goes through?

• Total voters
Lloris
Doherty - Alderwiereld - Rodon - Davies
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Lucas - Lamela - Son
Kane
Go with a similar team from today. I assume Aurier is injured so will probably be replaced by Doherty for this one. Rodon in for Sanchez to be a bit more of a physical threat to Calvert-Lewin.

The 1995 semi final still gives me nightmares. Horrific journey up there with my Dad stuck in traffic for hours. Got there just seconds before kick off. Dad took a parking ticket hit.
Awful on the day. Dream over. Long journey home. Had queued up at WHL on a school night to get tickets as well.

Lloris
Doherty - Alderwiereld - Rodon - Davies
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Lucas - Lamela - Son
Kane
Go with a similar team from today. I assume Aurier is injured so will probably be replaced by Doherty for this one. Rodon in for Sanchez to be a bit more of a physical threat to Calvert-Lewin.

Going to be tough to keep with the same team given our schedule for the rest of the month is playing every 3 or 4 games - so Everton (mid week), ManCity (weekend), EL (midweek), Wham (following weekend), EL (mid week), Burnley (weekend)

Whilst I am sure we will try to play our B team against EL teams, the likes of Kane get dragged on to score goals, so think we may need to plan on rotating at least one player in PL matches just to give players a rest.

Not easy to do and could really do with getting Reguilon, Lo Celso and a playing Dele back to help that - although Lo Celso's return date seems to always be moving backwards

You're playing a risky game by setting this up before the WBA game.
Anyway, hoping for a win but not expecting it!!! The only good thing is Everton are as flakey as we are, let's hope we catch them on a bad day!
Very unpredictable teams. Both dodgy at the back. Its who wants it more & is at it on the day. Can easily be a low quality 0-0 or a high quality 3-3. Obviously also depends on who picks a stronger team.

For people not greedy, would you rather beat Everton or city? Cup progress or another 3pts. The choice is yours.

The 1995 semi final still gives me nightmares. Horrific journey up there with my Dad stuck in traffic for hours. Got there just seconds before kick off. Dad took a parking ticket hit.
Awful on the day. Dream over. Long journey home. Had queued up at WHL on a school night to get tickets as well.
Same boat. Took 3 hours to get off the motorway. Wasn’t allowed in with a flag we’d just bought... so we had to give it to a steward. Cunt snapped it in two and chucked it away. What an utterly dreadful day.

:klinsmann:

Terrible memory. Got in the ground just as we kicked off, had a bad feeling as I felt we were outnumbered as Everton were on three sides of the ground. None of our players seemed to be up for it, and it was a long journey home. Really thought it was going to be our year, as we had such a good win at Anfield - was that the year we were initially banned from the FA Cup? I thought Klinsmann might have stayed for his second year if we had won it, and the likes of Barmby and Sheringham might have hung around too. My mind might be playing tricks with me - blimey, that's 26 years ago! - but that's how I remember it. Shocking game, shocking result, let's hope for a different outcome this time around.

Terrible memory. Got in the ground just as we kicked off, had a bad feeling as I felt we were outnumbered as Everton were on three sides of the ground. None of our players seemed to be up for it, and it was a long journey home. Really thought it was going to be our year, as we had such a good win at Anfield - was that the year we were initially banned from the FA Cup? I thought Klinsmann might have stayed for his second year if we had won it, and the likes of Barmby and Sheringham might have hung around too. My mind might be playing tricks with me - blimey, that's 26 years ago! - but that's how I remember it. Shocking game, shocking result, let's hope for a different outcome this time around.
That’s all spot on. After Anfield, it seemed to be written in the stars. But, of course, it wasn’t.

I won’t ever stop moaning about these kick off times but 8.15 on a Wednesday?!
I hope this crap doesn’t carry on when fans can get back through the turnstiles.

Full strength please.
Similar team as today, but with Rodon or Dier coming in for Sanchez.
Possibly Bergwijn for Moura too, for defensive duties.

Yeah I think I'd rather that too as we ain't getting top 4 anyway. Beat wba, next everton but then lose to city will be a good week. Also then only 2 games away from another final.

One of my main issues with pochs reign was our apparent dismissal of the cups including the EL.

I honestly think with more cup final experience the CL final could have gone differently.

If we can get to two finals even three finals this year then the team, club as a whole becomes a bit more prepared for those type of occasions.

And on our day we can match up most teams. Be good for them to have that belief and know how when needed.

Back
Top Bottom