Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is fantastic content from Spurs!!! Accountability at last! Don't care if you agree or disagree with the work done in the window but this is arguably one of the best pieces of content that the Club has put out. A DoF that's accountable, that dose interviews, that's a face open and communicative!!

Translation - Levy only gave me a few bob for youngsters

How is it damning on Jose when he inherited shitters Levy assembled?

Yes - Jose was terrible but players like FatBerg and Doc were all Levy
Just in terms of basic fitness. You would think they would have pushed it way more. Maybe being passive and sitting off dropped their levels.

Still, I’m not one to blame Jose for everything. I think he became a convenient scapegoat for some absolute dogshit served up by certain players.

Just in terms of basic fitness. You would think they would have pushed it way more. Maybe being passive and sitting off dropped their levels.

Still, I’m not one to blame Jose for everything. I think he became a convenient scapegoat for some absolute dogshit served up by certain players.
It was a gamble in a moment of desperation and the dice came up snake eyes.

And tactics aside, I think Jose is much more of an X’s and O’s “you go there, you do this” kind of coach, whereas Nuno places much more emphasis on the culture and attitude of his team.

Obviously any manager does both, it’s a 60/40 type question. But the dressing room needed a culture change and Nuno seems to have had real success in that regard.

Not an ideal window by any stretch, but he's identified and addressed the core issue in defence with a quality CB and what looks like an actual RB. I'm happy with that.

Plus the French kid looks like an exciting prospect for next season, and is exactly the kind of signing so many of us have been crying out for.

Yep. Good stuff.

Nice to hear the focus on youth; Sarr, Gil and Emerson. Our interest in Moriba makes sense too.

It’s damning on Jose. The talk on having to work on physicality and organisation. You would have thought that’s the one thing Jose *would* have done, as it’s the basics.

You can see how much more aggressive we are off the ball already.
Add Romero to that list too.

Seems like a vet given his recent exposure but is only 23. Quality now and long term potential.

Moriba would have been lovely.

It’s an utterly galling failure to not end with a squad capable of putting out a credible lineup in four competitions.

Value in value out he seems to have done well, but that will ultimately come down to the quality of the scouting where Hitchen wields considerable influence.

He didn’t get himself caught in any intractable bullshit and made the moves he did make with a minimum of fuss, that was good, that’s a big benefit of moving Levy further to the margins.

This phrase really doesn't mesh well with the rest of your post.

We 100% lose that final with Jose.
With Mason we threw the dice on a new manager bounce. I can see the logic.

It had gotten so bad under Jose by the end.
No logic in that at all

Replacing a proven winner with an absolute novice shortly before a cup final bearing in mind we had won one trophy in 20 years was madness

You might get a new manager bounce when you actually appoint a recognised manager

Not Mason!

We all know the outcome if we start using Kane like that.

Look I'm less that impressed that no goalscorers were added to the squad this summer, but see previous comment about about Scarlet..... You're being harsh and hasty in that respect.

Slot him in the middle of 2 of Lucas, Stevie, Son, Gil with a proper MF behind them before making your mind up.

Look I'm less that impressed that no goalscorers were added to the squad this summer, but see previous comment about about Scarlet..... You're being harsh and hasty in that respect.

Slot him in the middle of 2 of Lucas, Stevie, Son, Gil with a proper MF behind them before making your mind up.
I wish us and him the best of luck under those circumstances and stranger things have happened than pulling a quality performance out of a promising kid, but I’m sorry I will not wait to make my mind up about the propriety of relying on that outcome.

The club doesn’t give a shit about competing in the only competitions it can actually win and I hate it.

Like with Kane this summer yeah?

and Eriksen, and Dier and Alli etc all sold for big money to reinvest eh?

A) We didn't buy Kane.
B) We absolutely would have sold him if the money made sense to us. But the offer didn't come.
C) Eriksen was bought with the profit made on Bale. He was sold for more than we paid for him, and if he left when we wanted him to, would have been sold for a lot, lot more.
D) Still time to make a lot of money on Dier and Dele, who combined cost less than £10m

On a personal note, I was gutted when we turned United down for Dier and we'll now never get that level of money for him again.

would hope most would agree it was the wrong time to sack him, could have waited a week or done it earlier in season
its says more about the ego of the board (Levy) than Jose's ego

I have no doubt that the players who left needed moving in to help a squad rebuild.

Other than Gollini none of incoming players have played in PL before so we need to give them all time to adjust before we can make any kind of judgement on them.

But I can certainly see why Gil was bought - only about 50 appearances in La Liga so still inexperienced but looks highly skilled and really tries to make things happen. I assumed he was a winger before he arrived but he is more like an Eriksen ( albeit playing in a different way) with his potential effect on the game. Potentially a game changing signing for us.

My general feeling is he changed out older players ( Sissoko, Aurier, Aldereeireld, Rose,Hart, Lamela ) to bring in much younger players ( other than ,26 year old Gollini all others are under 22) who with returning Loaners 20 year old Skipp and 21 year old Sessegnon, really invigorates the squad allowing more energy consuming tactics such as pressing to be more widely used. And by keeping Kane we ended up with a stronger squad than last season - and a squad which can be more easily strengthened next summer as we have fewer obvious deadwood to move on.

Going into this window it was obvious to me we could not expect to move on the maybe 10 players who ideally should have moved on - so with the moves made its a good solid '6.5 or 7 out of 10 for the transfer window.

And Nuno seems to have Dele more enthused and useful as an attacking CM than he has been for a couple of years, whilst our CB duo of Sanchez and Diet have looked far more reliable and capable than they ever looked under Mourhino. Only disappointment so far is Ndombele has not yet responded to Nuno - but 3 substantial improvements out of 4 players is good news
Looks like Ndombelly is in the last chance saloon so hope he responds but not confident he wants to

Looks like Ndombelly is in the last chance saloon so hope he responds but not confident he wants to
how is Ndombelly in last chance saloon ? he has a contract for 3 yrs on £200K a week we have to buy it back or keep him
its us that are in a problem there is the contract and we agreed to pay £56M for him so we are £100M down until we sell him and who buys him agrees to pay his wages £200k pw

Good post
But one slight quibble. I'd say that Dele has made Dele more infused.
Came back earlier than he needed to for training and is working his socks off.

Not knocking Nuno, but I have to give credit to Dele, whether it works we'll wait and see.

Fair point.

Players improve because they are motivated to do so - I've assumed the manager has been part of that motivation but that may not be the case. I'm just glad that Dele, Dier and Sanchez have all been playing so much better this season.

Here's the whole article about Paratici being on the bench. Maybe them being there keep the subs' minds on the field rather than off-field activities :cool:
Personally, I think this really is a non-issue planted by someone who wants to upset Spurs. Not long ago it was Kane the players were upset about, then it was Nuno and now it's Paratici & Hitchen.
Soon The Sun will write an article about Spurs players (on the bench) being unhappy about noisy Spurs fans as they can't hear each other talking due to the noise...

And although Tottenham are on a high — top of the league with three wins from three — some players are said to be uncomfortable with the presence and behaviour of Paratici and Hitchen.

A source said: “It just doesn’t sit right with the players.

"The substitutes on the bench don’t feel they are able to speak freely among themselves with those guys sitting next to them.

“The players as a whole don’t like it when the two of them are on their feet shouting at the match officials or the team.”

But they will have to put up with it until at least October.

It is understood that the pair are on the bench because the Premier League’s pandemic protocols require all players and staff in the “red zone” testing pool to be seated together in designated areas.

The league is hoping it will be able to modify the regulations next month.

Comment section (from Daily Mail):
Nanny State, Broken Britain, United Kingdom,
This story is from Dan King of The Sun, he's always throwing dirt at Tottenham but it very rarely sticks. Saddo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom