Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs time. He comes with a great pedigree from Juve. a New DOF can’t change stuff in one transfer window for goodness sake.

the good news:
- Paratici means Levy steps back from football operations.
- Paratici is not Edu
- Paratici has an impressive record of success.
- it will take time him to influence the direction.

Let’s keep things real. Nuno wasn’t his first choice. Gattuso was preferred but couldn’t proceed because of his previous transgressions. I respect the fact that he didnt Believe Fonseca was the guy. Paratici backed himself and over-ruled Levy. This is a good sign.

Just read the last few pages and realized that nobody knows fuck all about anything...the guy is either shit hot or fucking useless...

It is reported he stormed off at 2-0 on Saturday. Nuno was the wrong choice, but by all accounts Conte was his first choice in the beginning. We've certainly moved quickly to rectify this mistake.

As usual there are always a few positives but I would say the negatives easily outweigh the positives, especially when you look at his history at Juve.

1. Nuno can be his 200th choice, it sure looks like it was his idea to bring in Nuno and have a more pragmatic focus. Even if it was his 4/5th choice the guys in front of him outside of Conte which any of us could have picked, were terrible as well.

2. Not addressing so many of our issues is inexcusable. Yes Romero looks good but no RW, no creative MF, only one CB, no starting level RB and no back-up striker meant we had an absolute shit summer.

Paratici is still far in the negative in terms of his job so far at Spurs.
At Juventus Conte created the foundations for the Allegri years. He took Del Neri's Juventus, an embarrassing team, and built a war machine.

He then went off like a madman, slamming the door I think because Juventus hadn't bought him Cuadrado from Chelsea, but his follies on the way out are another story.

Trust in Paratici

My Ass

Daily reminder
1) He didn't think we needed a backup ST
2) He lobbied for Nuno and persuaded Levy to get him when Levy didn't want him
He's on the road to redemption.

But for all of you getting over exciting about his role. You have to remember he made 2 major mistakes that have so far defined this season.

He's made a good decision now but you can't just ignore what happened before that.

Hopefully, although I am not that big a fan of these kind of tactics.

For example, if we go to Inter and start talking about Brozovic are they going to say "oh ya Paratici said they are good enough so lets sell them Brozovic for cheap"?

Just seems like silly, needless games that aren't needed or effective.
I don’t think they’d sell him for a discount, but they could hike the price if they perceive us as desperate.

Imagine if Paratici Just announce that an army of new players is marching into Tottenham in January - (there might not be) the effect that has on the players that are here that Conte has two months of season with this group before the window opens. Do you think that makes Conte's job harder or easier? Do you think if Conte is asked exactly this question in his 1st presser that he would repeat the line of Paratichi or do you think he will announce the army of new signings?

There is a difference between saying we are lining up hundreds of millions of pounds and remaking the squad and saying no January moves the squad is good enough to compete. He could easily say we will do what is best for the club and make moves we think improve the club. It is an empty sentiment but doesn't raise expectations.

His comment continues to show that they are clueless when fans want something to try and believe in.

You raise a valid point but he can only do so much if the powers that be aren't willing to have greater flexibility with the finances they make available to buy the players that are necessary to bring the club forward.

We could have bought a cheap striker as a back-up so we didn't have to rely on Scarlett alone in the ECL or forced to play Lucas, Bergwijn two guys who couldn't score in a brothel with Jeff Bezos wallet in their back pocket.

Finances did not stop him from bringing in a striker.

I think in context, Paratici’s comments come across more like ‘let’s see how we do and then we’ll decide if players are needed.’

That sounds slightly better, still a little weak for me but better than the earlier quote.

I just wish he were honest, the team is not competitive that is complete crap and obvious to everyone. He doesn't have to say everyone sucks but at least try to be a little honest and not treat the fans like morons.

The problem with the Paratici comments, especially the competitive team parts is that it comes off as though he did his job and this is all on Nuno. If he cuts those parts out then his comments are fine, but we all know he did a shit job in the summer, the team is not competitive, we have massive holes due to his ineptitude.

He doesn't have to say that we are ready to overspend on any and every player, but he also doesn't have to spin it like he built a competitive team that is ready to compete when that is so clearly BS.

Of COURSE he's not gonna come out and say we'll buy shitloads of players.... Cos the window doesn't open for 6 weeks!!

Let's see who buys into it and knuckles down, before we start spending money we don't necessarily have!

We MIGHT be pleasantly surprised!

For one, I think the likes of Ndombele, Hojberg, Dele and Lo Celso will want to prove themselves to Conte... Hopefully Kane does too!!

Which is basically what Paratichi said!!!

I think you or the quote you've read might have got the wrong end of the stick.

He was asked "have you spoken to Conte about transfers"? He answered, "not at all".

He then goes on to talk about trusting in the players (the squad today) and for the focus for them to be better.

No he said the team is competitive and the quote said he ruled out January transfers.

Another with the ignore option activated.

He's chippy, argumentative and repetitive. Worse than that he is completely and utterly clueless about football.
It would be like me joining a forum on Childbirth and giving them my opinion. I seen a couple but have no fucking clue whats going on or why.
Yep. His inability to understand the basics of football is almost impressive. I assume it's just a troll account.

Already have him on ignore. He posts like he's never actually watched a game of football.

Another with the ignore option activated.

He's chippy, argumentative and repetitive. Worse than that he is completely and utterly clueless about football.
It would be like me joining a forum on Childbirth and giving them my opinion. I seen a couple but have no fucking clue whats going on or why.

Yep. His inability to understand the basics of football is almost impressive. I assume it's just a troll account.

LOL

Clueless posts like this are the ones that make me laugh the most especially when they have repeatedly been shown to be false.

Pretty predictable really.....

KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy - Told you a couple of weeks back you'd be making your top 20 debut soon enough. :tanguythumb:
That's a bit rich of you, seeing as you're Number 2 on the list (yes I know it's in alphabetical order but even so, it's not a good look)

nice-to-meet-you-kettle-kettle.gif

:sonpoint:

That's a bit rich of you, seeing as you're Number 2 on the list (yes I know it's in alphabetical order but even so, it's not a good look)

No lack of self awareness on my part. Me being on the list is nothing new...... Point is KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy had been teasing me about being on the list and I said I wouldn't get too cocky as he'd be on there soon enough the way he's been carrying on trolling every thread with Kane-hate...... Lo and behold; poof! Pretty 'impressive' work with such a low post-count and no racism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom