Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he cannot understand the prem and modern attacking football and the nature of Spurs and Spurs fans wanting entertainment he needs to be sacked. He comes across as putting ice cream into the roast dinner, just not compatible.

I liked some of his signings so maybe scouting he can remain if he wants that but the philosophy of the club needs to be positive.

Never a good sign when you can be sure your managerial appointment is a bust after 10 games. I like some of his signings, so I wouldn't judge squad building for a few windows yet, but the Nuno call looks to have been a very bad one.

I think he's brought in some promising talent so I don't have any beef with him just yet. Imagine the job he's got trying to pimp an over-valued Winks and half-awake donkeys like Sanchez.

I don't know how you can say he didn't significantly improve the squad. It's too early to judge one way or another, but if I had to decide now, I'd say Romero, Emerson, and Gil are a big improvement. Romero and Emerson are much better than their alternatives, and Gil is a good rotation player on top of being a young talent with obvious potential.

We upgraded CB & RB whilst adding a player who is one for the future, but also lost Bale from last season who was by a distance our 3rd top scorer, and lost CF depth in Vinicius who was providing cover for Europe. Sissoko and Lamela were pretty useless, but again .. depth which wasn't replaced.

So 'significantly' improving the squad from last season is certainly debatable. As is saying Emerson is 'much better' than the alternatives when so far for my money he's had one solid game and one poor/meh one. I fully expect him to be better, but the jury is still very much out.

Poch did have the ability to turn some problem children around attitude vise. Maybe he could have done it with Tanguy but what is done is done.

Perhaps, but we were also led to believe players like Tielemans, Maddison (eg) were being frowned upon for similar reasons..... Just lacks consistency for me.

Who did Poch straighten out whilst here? Binned the naughty boys off as far as I recall..... Until it came to Rose, Toby and one or two other faves that basically got given the 'golden boy pass'. .....Who am I forgetting?

Last edited:
Perhaps, but we were also led to believe players like Tielemans, Maddison (eg) were being frowned upon for similar reasons..... Just lacks inconsistency for me.

Who did Poch straighten out whilst here? Binned the naughty boys off as far as I recall..... Until it came to Rose, Toby and one or two other faves that basically got given the 'golden boy pass'. .....Who am I forgetting?
Enic / Levy are shit

Jury is still out on him. I like Romero but he cost more than Konate did so if LFC, who continue to out-perform us in the transfer market year after year, can identify and sign that type of player there is no reason why we can't do so as well.

This squad needs butchering and it could be a great opportunity for somebody who knows what they are doing.

As I've written on here several times, I didn't think hiring a DoF was the solution to our problems. For me, it's about talent, not management structures.

But we seem to be in a ménage à trois with Levy, Paratici AND Jorge Mendes.

Paratici wanted Mendes ciient Gattuso. Levy said No after the fan backlash.

Paratici then switched to Mendes client Nuno. Levy said Yes, even though there are reports he turned down Nuno earlier in the summer.

If we fire Nuno, and I think we should, I don't want Paratici and Mendes selecting our next head coach.

But under the DoF structure that Levy has implemented, Paratici should be making the decision. If Paratici isn't, then he isn't a true DoF.

In short, fuck management structures,. and just get someone in who understands footballing talent and can coach our bunch of halfwits back to playing the type of football we witnessed under Poch.

We hired an incompetent DOF and one that is clearly fine being Levy's lapdog.

There is zero chance any competent DOF can go into the season with one Striker. He is either so dumb that he shouldn't be DOF or just willing to be cheap as Levy wants. Either way no where near what we need.

My concern is that he is both.
Yeah you'd like to think he couldn't be that stupid but it's either that or he's another levy lapdog as you say

Back
Top Bottom