Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the disaster against Newcastle, I'm calling for this guy to be a constant in our PL back 4.
Don't care who he is paired with, but he certainly wouldn't have let that 4ft kid score that header.
Seems to have the grit and leadership we are lacking.

I think Fazio and Verts is our best CB pairing at the moment

Making Kaboul captain has set us back massively - Dear Poch got this one wrong, imv

He played at left back today. Da fuq. Very strange.

Edit: This isn't a joke. He legit played at left back for Argentina. I would kill to see him run up and down the wing for the comedy effect alone.
He didn't play left back. He partnered Vergini at centre half and he was largely untroubled as you'd expect from a Croatia second string side. I like Fazio. I know, seems rare that a Spurs fan is supporting a new signing doesn't it? - I think he just needs time to develop a partnership with Vertonghen and get Kaboul as far away from the club as possible.

This was locked behind the Spurs website login, so thought it might be of interest here (no matter how banal these things always are)...

20/Twenty with Federico Fazio
A quick chat about the early days and influences of our current squad. This month: FEDERICO FAZIO.

What was your favourite subject at school?

Mathematics.

Hobbies as a child?
I played the guitar, although I don’t play it now!

Colours of first youth club played for?
Navy blue and red with a team called Estudiantil Porteño in Buenos Aires.

EH_Mar_20_Riquelme.jpg
First club supported?
Boca Juniors.

Any posters on bedroom wall?
Yes. I had a poster of Juan Román Riquelme (pictured, right), who played in midfield for Boca.

First autograph?
I don’t remember asking any footballers for an autograph but I did once get one from Manu Ginóbili, the basketball player.

Pet as child?
I didn’t have any pets when I was younger.

Pet now?
No, I still don’t have any.

First ever family holiday?
We went to Villa Gesell in Argentina. It was down by the seaside – a very nice place to visit.

Can you dance?
Yes. I’m pretty good at dancing!

Karaoke choice?
Back in Black by AC/DC.

If you were in a band, what band would it be?
Again, it’s got to be AC/DC.

EH_Mar_20_tall.jpg
Favourite music genre?
I don’t have a particular favourite.

First ever bought?
To be honest I can’t remember. It would have been on a CD but I can’t remember which song it was.

Retro choice?
The Rolling Stones.

Favourite other sport?
Basketball.

Top TV programme?
The Simpsons.

Favourite reality show?
I’m not a fan of those shows.

Ever vote in one?
No.

Would you appear?
I’m afraid not.

Edit: so many nothing answers there! The guy's no dummy though, I believe he was a medical student before giving it up when his football career took off.

I don't think he deserves much stick, he's been asked to play in a system that certainly didn't suit him, but he never complained or came out in the media to say how unfair he's been treated.

I'm just happy we've finally figured out how to stop conceding them. We were a set piece goal factory in 2012-13. Every time we have up a corner I would feel this sinking feeling in my gut, and far too many times that feeling ended up replaced with exasperation rather than surprise.

Every time last season we won a corner I thought what's the fucking point might as well kick it all the way back to lloris.

Probably will ease him in I think but I would be excited if he started v Liverpool. Still think Kaboul looks a bit dodgy at the moment. Anyway we have great options in defence now, well happy.

As we saw with the Man City/ Liverpool game, it's risky to start a new player at the back in such a big game. Jovetic's first goal was due to a lack of communication between Lovren and Moreno. Even with Ballo, I don't think Pool bring a huge aerial threat. Much rather stick with what we have until Fazio is more up to speed.

Back
Top Bottom