Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Argentina-Football-Fans-300x210.jpg

The argentinians are coming. And so am I.

He's F, he's fantastic
He's A, he's aggressive
He's Z, he's a Zionist
He's I, impeccable
He's ooooooooooooh...

F A Z I O...............

I'm face palming because everyone wants/expects Champs league football from us but seems happy enough to have second rate mediocre players. I'm saying that if we want to hit similar levels to these teams then we can't settle of that.. Dortmund never seem to spend super amounts of money but they manage to hold their own (this season excluded.) Fazio is another second rate player that we got because the Musacchio deal didn't happen
He just transferred here from Spain a few months ago. He just started getting regular game time recently. Remember how Chadli did last year? Look at him now. Lets give him a chance to settle in for gods sake. He did win the Europa league last year, something we couldn't do. Anyways, everyone is playing like shit right now. I can't imagine having to come into this struggling team and adapt to a new league. How bout we stop shitting on players that just arrived here and give him a chance? Lets back some of the players instead of shitting on them.

Thought Fazio had his best game for us so far yesterday. Could turn out to be decent, and at the moment he should be with Jan as first choice pairing.

Last edited:
After a big improvement in the last few games I had slightly changed my opinion of the guy, but he looked well dodgy again today. Maybe he is just a clumsy, immobile lump after all...

Or maybe he just had a bad game. He's still setting in and that was probably his first ever wet weekend in Wales.
As you say, he had shown signs of starting to settle, we've gotta hope that this was a blip and he will continue to get better.

I just don't see the relevance of his price tag.

Well then this is obviously going to go to the argument of does price tag indicate ability. I don't want to get into an argument. My point was simply that he, a south American CB, played in England for a few years then left for, what i believe, was a record fee for a defender. Seems to have been successful, whether or not that is the level of success you refer to, I don't know. All you said is succeed at a personal level, which I think David Luiz did.

Let's not write off Fazio yet. He is being put into a back line that looks unsettled at best and cannot be expected to be the #1 guy straight away. He has looked good in spells but bad in spells too. If he can gain some consistency he will be very useful to us. A proven winner and seems to have a good character.

Back
Top Bottom